Trapped.

D 5 8 8 4

 

It was a quiet night outside, long past midnight. Soft pitter-patters were made when crystal clear raindrops dripped from the window panes onto the cold hard ground, forming puddles of water here and there. It was like a soft lullabye for the people of Seoul, driving them deep into their sleep. 

Nobody, none of them who were all sleeping so soudly, would have ever thought that a place so much in contrast to their peaceful bedrooms would exist in this same world. Right in the middle of the now quiet city stands this massive looking school - The College of No Return. Nobody knows why the school was named this way and neither did anybody knew why the school never allowed visitors at night.

This school, already present for 40 years, was quite a famous school, one that ensures your future. Every single graduate makes it big. It was a successful school earning much respect from the ignorant people. Nonetheless, it had it's deepest, darkest secrets hiden from the rest of the world too. Behind those giant locks hanging from the main gate of the school, terror was what felt. 

Peace? None at all. There was horror, anxiety and torture. However, nothing much was heard within the school, those poor students, those who were innocently trapped in here, would probably never find their way out. Well, unless they get help from a particular someone, unless that someone would betray his own kind and save them.

But would he? Would he make himself a known betrayer just to save them? Would he disappoint his mother?

 

 

" Omma! When is appa coming home? " The little boy rubbed his sleepy eyes with his tiny hands. He looked sadly at his mother and she smiled at her cute son, " He's working hard for our world, to make sure all of us survive. The world needs him. "

The little boy pouted, " His son needs him too. " 

The woman picked up the sulking boy and patted him on his head, " Appa's job is very important and meaningful. The world depends on people like him to survive. Your father is a noble man, you need to be proud of him, understand? " After the patient explaination from his mother, the boy nodded happily and grinned, " I want to grow up and work for the world too! I'll become a noble man that you can be proud of! "

She laughed and cuddled her son tightly, " I'm sure you'll succeed! "

 

 

The little boy have now grown into adulthood. He sighed. That was how he got himself into all these troubles. The now adult him stared at the big old tree with a pair of sorrowful eyes, *I shouldn't have joined this job.* The cold wind blew mercilessly at the old but strong tree branches. It was this job, whom people in his world deemed as heroes, that caused him so much pain. He slowly rised to his feet and left the isolated bench.

He walked out of his hiding place- the back garden of the school. He tried to imagine how beautiful the garden would have been if the flowers and grasses were still alive, if the dark clouds weren't looming above his head and blocking the beautiful full moon. Hoping that a miracle would happen, that the flowers would bloom again, he had been visiting the garden every night while the students were sleeping.

But it never happened, at least not the past 4 weeks that he had been there. 

He made his way back into the school building, walking right past that big gigantic gate that would never open until he fufills his mission. A mission that consist of indirectly killing someone. *Can I really do it?* He questioned himself. All the confidence he had when he first joined the job have vanished.

 

 

" 1804 reporting for mission! " He saluted his officer.

The older man acknowledge the younger man and gave him a pat on his shoulder, " This is your first mission, do a good job. " Since young, he had believed that this is the moment that he have been waiting for. The moment that will bring him so much pride and glory. Never would he have imagined the pain that this mission would bring him. He took in a deep breath and nodded, " Yes sir! "

The superior left and he went to join his patner for this mission. It was a pretty lady with long straight hair. She owns a pair of big beautiful eyes and is about 15 cm shorter than him. As the two waited for their turn to board the machine that would take them to their mission area, he attempted to start a conversation with her, " Hello! I'm- "

" I know. " Before he could even finish his sentence, the girl broke it off. " How did you know? " He asked, suprised. The girl replied, not once looking up at him, " The officer told me. " 

" Ahhh. " He nodded in understanding before asking, " What's your na- " 

The officer called out the girl's number, " 1805! " and she stood up without waiting for him to finish his question. However, before she exits the waiting room, she turned back to look at him, " Krystal Jung. "

 

 

That was the first time they met. They have gotton a lot closer since then. She even knows a secret of his. The forbidden love. That was what she always refer to it as. He can't deny it, it's the fact. He stopped in his tracks as he heard sobbings near the staircase. He looked at the door as if he could see through it, " I'm sorry... " He whispered even though he knows she can't hear it.

" Why? " Behind the door, SunHwa sobbed, " Why does everyone think that he is the killer? " She still remember vividly how they had first met. The way his eyes stared into hers could make all her worries fade away. Knowing that he and her belonged to different worlds, she tried her best to stay away from him, but it was not easy. Especially when you and your friends have to rely on him to get more information about how to get back home.

The girl could feel herself getting drowsy, after so much crying, it's no wonder her eyelids felt heavy. SunHwa closed her eyes and rested her head on the wall beside her. After a fight with her group of friends, she had ran out of the classroom, where all of them have been staying for quite a number of weeks, and seeked shelter from the lonely staircase. It didn't take long before she fell unconscious. 

The door to the staircase creaked open slowly. The sound of a pair of shoes could be heard echoing throughout the empty staircase. The owner of those foot steps stopped right infront of SunHwa. His eyes never onced left her beautiful face. He sighed. *What should I do? ... What would you do?* The guy positioned himself beside the girl and let her head gently fall onto his shoulder.

Looking at her tear stained face, he couldn't help it but remembered the first time they met. It happened 4 weeks ago. And she was crying too.

 

 

SunHwa walked along the corridors of the school alone, searching for her lost friend. " A-are we the only ones in school now? " She mumbled as she looked up at the barely visible moon. She sighed and bit her lips in fear, she's afraid. Very afraid. Just then, she felt hot breath blowing onto the back of her neck. She froze. 

" You think? " A whispered echoed through the empty corridors, sending chills down her spine. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she jumped. She could hear footsteps behind her, more were coming. Her heart raced and she broke into cold sweat. She wanted to run, but her legs didn't allow her to. SunHwa broke out in tears, she hated this, she wanted to go home, she wanted to go home to where it's safe without scary voices or a cold hand on her shoulder. 

When her legs could no longer take her weight, she fell down to the floor with a loud thud. She hugged herself and trembled in fear as tears streamed down her face. " P-please... leave me alone... g-go away! " To her surprised, the whispers stopped, the footsteps stopped. It was dead silent, she could hear nothing except for her own whimpering.

SunHwa then slowly turn her head behind to take a look, nothing, just thick mist. She let out a sigh of relief. *It's just my imagination. Nothing's there.* She sniffed and wiped away her tears as she tried to calm herself down.

Just then, something caught her attention. Something was flowing, something red. Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes followed the red fluid to where it started. The blood like liquid was flowing from the toilet. She gulped. SunHwa stared at the door, hoping nothing would happen, waiting for the liquid to disappear just like the voices. But in just a second, the door flew opened and a guy came out.

Their eyes met for a split second before he looked away and quickly disappeared down the corridor. SunHwa held her breath as she stared at the backview of the guy whom she just met. Strange. Just one look from him calmed her heart down. Something about him, just something about him attracted SunHwa.

 

 

Unknown to SunHwa, she wasn't the only one suffering from this incident. He knows he should never have allowed this to happen to SunHwa and himself. He knows that it will only cause pain and nothing else. *I'm sorry, SunHwa... but there will never be a 'us'...* A single tear rolled down his face as he looked at her angelic sleeping face, " I'll miss you, but this is for your own good. " He whispered to the girl.

If he allow themselves to proceed to being more than just friends, he knows that history will repeat itself. He have learnt the lesson from the experience of his sunbae. " Don't let yourself fall into that trap... you will end up hurting both yourself and that girl... " That was her last advice for him. He can now understand how much pain she must have been through.

He recalled the stories his sunbae have told him back home. The stories that will be living in her memories forever.

 

 

The door creaked and the cold wind blew. But no matter how lonely and cold it might be for others, the two always have a warm and sweet time together.

ShinHye closed her eyes and smiled as she enjoyed the lovely music and smoothing voice. How she hope she could enjoy this every single day. She clapped and cheered after YongHwa finished his performance, giving her very best applaud, " This is the best music I have ever heard, YongHwa! "

He smiled as he placed the guitar onto the floor gently. He then took her hand and slipped something onto her finger, " Here. I found this in the music room together with the guitar. " ShinHye looked at her hand in suprised before smiling happily back at him to show her appreciation, " Thank you so much! I love it! " Although it was just a simple silver fake ring that was taken from a keychain, it couldn't mean more to her.

" And don't call me YongHwa. " He continued, " Call me oppa. "

Showing him her signature eye smile, she agreed, " Oppa. " YongHwa smiled back in satisfication. He patted her head, " That's more like it. " He then pick up his guitar and started playing another song for ShinHye. Looking at him, listening to his music, she couldn't help it but to wonder, *How long can this happiness last?*

 

 

He ran his fingers through SunHwa's hair. *How long more until the ending of all these suffering?* No matter how much he want to stop time at that moment, no matter how much he had tried to follow his sunbae's advice, it's all not possible now. He had already let the girl resting on his shoulder into his heart. *If time could reverse, I wonder if I would be able to do a better job at ignoring her and controling my own feelings?*