i/ii

Contestant 7 ; Lulu

Luhan knew when the pristine white envelope lined with gold ribbon dropped into their mailbox that morning, his fate had been sealed. The finely dressed postman wearing a full suit was a dead giveaway that whatever had come was much more important compared to mail delivered by the usual. Everyone knows, one does not, does not, refuse an invitation from Perfection. Yes, Perfection, since the women who competed were nothing short of it. The pageant happens every ten years, and Luhan was a small boy when his mother had entered the last time, clinching first place easily. He remembers watching her on television, reaching out to brush the beautiful smile that sparkled even through the screen, as she was crowned Ms. Perfection.

His mother knew her fate too, and being the only female out of herself and Luhan who carried their family name (and beauty), she was ready to accept the invitation being sent to them. 

Nobody knows though, what has happened to the undeniable beauty that was Qian, time doing her wonders as she aged beautifully. Time, something that crashed when she was part of an unfortunate freak accident, the ceiling of her office collapsing down onto the whole floor. Luhan still remembers that day, visiting his mother in the hospital. She had been crying, refusing to remove the bandages wrapping her face, refusing to look in a mirror. Luhan understood. No matter how humble his mother was about her beauty, it still hurt, to see something precious stolen away from you.

After a few weeks, she returned home, accepting her fate. But she refused to go out of the house, opening up an online boutique to sell clothes online. People flocked to it like moths to a flame, singing praise for their beauty queen, although none knew that she had become the beauty queen who lost her priceless beauty. 

Luhan made sure to tell his mother that she was still beautiful, every single day. At first, she had gotten angry, disbelief at her son’s actions. But when Luhan kept saying it over and over again, never once flinching in his sincerity, she burst into tears, hugging her precious son close.

Going through all that helps Luhan live with the decision that he’s about to make. He knows that his mother is all ready to pack, prepared for the journey to the city’s largest hotel, where the pageant would be held. Contestants were required to reside at the hotel, so that they could film them 24/7 (although everyone knows it’s just to get the usual behind-the-scenes clips for the amusement of the public). What his mother is definitely not prepared for is that Luhan’s been preparing for this day for the past few months, when a girl in his class had announced excitedly that Perfection would be this year, his ears pricking up at the mention. He had known all along that his mother would be invited once more, she was the winner after all. But he also knew that she was in no position to accept, no matter how much she wished she could have. Luhan started to grow his hair out, growing his nails long. By now, his mother often joked about the thin wisps of hair that clung to Luhan’s face, and how he looked so feminine, how his fingers too, looked delicate. Any other time and he would have refuted her words vehemently but this time it was his full intention, and he just smiles with the knowledge that yes, it’s working.
 



That night, Luhan goes to hug his mother goodnight, just like every other night. But this time, he hugs her just a little tighter, just a little longer. He breaths in her sweet scent of berries, and then it’s gone as he pulls back with a tight smile.

“Goodnight, mum,” he whispers, trying to keep back the tears as he leans in to kiss her cheek. Luckily, his mother doesn’t notice anything, humming in content as she goes to her room. “Goodbye for now,” he adds, speaking to the house more than anything else, when Qian’s safely in her room and the door is locked.

He dresses in a loose-fitting black tank top under a small denim jacket paired with black leggings that hug his legs. It’s a simple outfit, everything is from his mother’s closet, and he doesn’t bother packing any of his own clothes since he wouldn’t be needing it anyway. Luckily, Luhan and his mother were roughly the same size; although he was slightly taller and more muscular, his lack of bust made up for it and he could easily wear her clothes. The underwear though, he had bought himself at a nearby shop under the pretense of shopping for his mother (he shivered at the thought of having to share underwear…). He had chosen a random size, something on the smaller end, so that it would be easier to fake. He stuffed wads of tissues into his front, spending a few minutes to get them to look at least a little more realistic. But then again, that was what the jacket was for, to hide the awkward bumps on his chest that a piercing stare could easily see through.

When he was done preparing himself, both aesthetically and mentally, Luhan takes small steps to the front door, gripping onto the handle of his mother’s small suitcase, dragging it across the wooden floor. He tries to make as little noise as possible, not wanting to wake his mother and alert her of his plans. Slipping his feet into a pair of pastel pink boots with cute tassles on it (it’s his mother’s obviously), he exits the front door, breathing in the crisp air of a Spring night. 

Luhan quickly flags down a cab, pulling the beanie on his head lower onto his forehead, patting down the freshlybangs to cover more of his face.

“The Upper House, please,” says Luhan to the cab driver, making sure to raise his tone slightly, who speeds away into busy Hong Kong traffic after setting the meter. The young man finally lets himself relax, leaning into the black leather of the seats with a sigh.

He starts thinking of his decision to enter Perfection in his mother’s place. Yes, he had decided to enter a beauty pageant. For women. He almost groans, but catches himself in time when the cab driver makes eye contact with him through the mirror. He smiles slightly, turning his attention back to the outside.

Luckily for him, Qian had been given a choice, a wild card let’s say. He takes the card, which he stole from his mother’s bedside table when she was showering, from his backpack, reading it again under the moonlight.
 

’Dear Qian, Ms. Perfection of 2004,It is our honour to extend a formal invitation to the Perfection Beauty Pageant being held at the Upper House on March 16th. You are encouraged to attend, but we have a special benefit to the previous winner of the pageant: You may, if you wish to do so, enter a family member in your place.
We hope to see you, or the family member of your choice, at the hotel a week before for all the preparations and to meet the other contestants and judges this time around.Perfection.”



Luhan was jolted out of his thoughts when the cab lurches to a standstill.

“Miss, we’re here.” Luhan quickly pays, thanking the cab driver as he exits, mouth gaping at the building in front of him. Orange floodlights illuminate the grey-bricked walls of the Upper House, its name written in cursive lettering above the entryway. 

If he had thought that was magnificent, the structure inside almost had the young man turning back the way he came from. The dusky hues of the lights matched the ones outside, but the walls were a pale yellow, much brighter compared to the greys outside. There was a warm atmosphere, but the feeling of modern design seeped in through the artistically decorated walls, little designs etched here and there. 

Luhan was so lost in the place, that he didn’t realize that he walked right into someone.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry,” he apologizes profusely, bending down to pick up a girl about his size, dirty blonde hair pulled back into a high ponytail.

“It’s okay,” the other giggles, noticing the lost look on Luhan’s face. “Are you here for the pageant?” Luhan nods, surprised that someone else had come as early as him.

“We were supposed to come tomorrow though, right?” he checks.

“Yeah, I wanted to check in early though, get used to the rooms,” shrugs the girl. “We’re supposed to be rooming with another person, so the people at the desk told me to share with you!” she says excitedly, holding out a card for Luhan to take.

“Wh-- Wait, what?” he almost screeches, but considering it’s late night, and they were in a fancy hotel, the young man keeps his voice down to a hiss.

“Well I told them that you were a contestant too - I was hoping you were but you look so much like the last winner, Qian, are you her daughter?, that you must have been - and that we could share a room together,” explains the blonde, adding in a few babbles here and there.

“Yes, I am a contestant, and my mother is Qian, but I don’t even know your name!” protests Luhan. Now, one would wonder why he would refuse to share a room with a pretty girl like the one standing in front of him, but of course, Luhan has morals too! And the fact that this girl could expose his secret to everyone (but the biggest reason would be that he’s actually gay).

“It’s Becca,” she replies, reaching out for a handshake. “And you are?” 

“I-- Er-- Lu-- Lu--” Luhan stutters, unsure if he should give his real name or not.

“Lulu? That’s a cute name,” titters Becca, grabbing Luhan’s hand. “Let’s go to our room, Lulu~” she sings happily, bounding over to the elevators. Luhan can do nothing but follow, sending a silent plea to the heavens above.

Ancestors, hear my plea, help me not make a fool of me, please bring honour to us all!’



No-one would ever need to know, (since it would damage his manly man pride), but Luhan sang those words in his head, and he had the sudden urge to actually burst into song (which he did not, just to be clear).
 



“Here we are!” announces Becca, unlocking the door with a small click. “Boots off, we wouldn’t want to mess up our gorgeous room, my awesome roomie~” Luhan rolls his eyes, but follows the petite girl’s orders anyway. However, when the door is closed, Becca suddenly whirls round, tsk-ing. “Right, spill.”

Luhan gulps in fear. Did Becca notice already?

“Come on, you didn’t fool me.” Her voice had suddenly dropped an octave, and Luhan’s eyes widen, jaw dropping. 

“You’re a guy too?!” Luhan shouts, pointing an accusing finger at Becca.

“Yes, well done, Sherlock,” he deadpans.

“B-- But--” Luhan still seems to be in shock, mouth opening and closing much like a fish’s.

“Honey, if you were crossdressing, why is it so hard to believe that I am too?” questions the man in front of him, raising an eyebrow judgingly at Luhan. At that, the black-haired boy was silenced. “Okay, let’s start off afresh with the introductions. I’m Baekhyun, and I love to crossdress,” he says easily, smiling at Luhan. “Now your turn, Qian’s son.”

“I-- I’m Luhan,” he mumbles.

“Okay, Luhan. So why are you here?” prods Baekhyun, plopping down onto the bed nearest the window.

“Personal reasons.” No-one needed to know how his mother suffered. Baekhyun’s expression softened as he noticed Luhan’s defensive tone, and Luhan found the awkward tension melting away.

“Look, I’m not here to antagonize you or anything, honey,” Luhan cringes at the nickname that seems to have stuck, “I just thought it’d be better for us to stick together since we’re probably the only guys in this thing trying to not get caught. We could be best buds!” And Luhan couldn’t agree more (well, except for the best buds thing, but even that he wasn’t so adverse to anymore).

“Let’s just go to sleep now, we have an early day tomorrow,” sighs Luhan, getting onto his own bed. Baekhyun grins as the lights are switched off, calling out a muffled goodnight as he slips under the covers, nuzzling into the fluffy pillows. Luhan thinks that maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea, if it meant living in luxury for a week. He just hopes that his mother won’t flip out when she wakes up with her suitcase missing, and a short note explaining his disappearance.
 



“Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!” sings Baekhyun, pulling back the curtains with a dramatic flourish. Luhan rolls over with a groan, seeking refuge under the covers as his eyes refuse to open.

“Just five more minutes,” he grumbles, but alas, Baekhyun bounds over with a spring in his step, whipping the blanket off in one smooth move.

“Tsk tsk, too much sleep will make you ugly,” he states bluntly, proceeding to kick Luhan off of the bed.

“And falling on your face after being kicked off the bed doesn’t?” hisses Luhan, glaring like an insulted kitten at the blond above him, who just shrugs, laughing it off.

“We should get dressed though, first impressions do matter, you know.” Baekhyun was already sifting through his suitcase (it was probably bigger than his body), throwing a few shirts and skirts onto the bed. He turns to Luhan, holding up a light blue skirt and a white knit top. “Do you think this would be okay? I think I’ll go with a cute concept,” he says thoughtfully.

“That does look cute, and I think the blue would compliment your blonde hair quite nicely,” replies Luhan, nodding in approval. Baekhyun gasps, and Luhan raises his eyebrow at the other’s reaction. “What?”

“I just didn’t take you for a fashion critic,” he says non-committedly, heading for the bathroom to change.

Luhan starts going through his own (or his mother’s he should say) belongings, frowning when he realized that it was all cutesy things with bows and frills and pastels everywhere. My manly pride… It’s crumbling into oblivion, he thinks to himself, holding up a pale yellow summer dress with small white polka dots. It even has a large floppy orange bow at the front, but at least it would have a purpose: it covers his chest perfectly. With a sigh, he picks up the dress in his arms, heading on over to the bathroom as he hears the click of the lock.

“I see you’re going for the fresh girl look,” comments Baekhyun with a small smile. “It fits you.” Luhan would have blushed, but luckily for him, there was just enough space for him to squeeze into the bathroom and close the door before Baekhyun could notice (although the other definitely knew, since Luhan’s face was pretty much an open book for those that looked closely enough).

By the time he comes out (he takes a while to stuff more tissues in his bra), Baekhyun is sitting down on the bed, humming to himself as he fixes a matching white ribbon into his hair. He’s not sure if it’s out of pure foolishness, or if there was something so feminine about the ribbon that would hide his masculinity (he had a lot okay??), Luhan found himself asking Baekhyun if he was one that would fit his outfit.

“We can match, and be like those twins,” giggled Baekhyun, reaching into a small box filled to the brim with hair accessories, pulling out an orange hairband with yellow flowers, a perfect match with Luhan’s outfit.

“How did you even--” 

“I collect anything and everything,” explains Baekhyun with a grin, gently placing the headband on Luhan’s head of black hair, patting down a few strands. “There we go!~”

They go down to breakfast in a calm manner, scarfing down the breakfast buffet without worry, since no-one else seemed to have arrived yet, even though the meet-up was starting in half an hour. The two boys made small talk, Baekhyun giving small pieces of advice to Luhan, who was starting to fidget more and more as time passed.

“Just remember, speak softly and raise your tone a bit, not too high but just a little.”

“How do I know how much is a little?” frets Luhan, trying out what he was told. But he squeaks, then his voice cracks, and his expression is crestfallen.

“Just do it like you’re whispering, but a little louder,” encourages Baekhyun, his voice easily adapting.

“Like this?” Luhan tries again, and he can tell it’s a little better, Baekhyun nodding at him.

And not a moment too soon. Just as he finished his sentence, two men approach them, one in a white suit whilst the other was in a contrasting black one. The one in the black suit was much taller than the other, honey blond locks with darker streaks styled up. The shorter had simpler black hair, but styled up in a matching fashion. They were like two opposites, two well-known opposites.

“Mr. Suho, Mr. Kris,” greets Luhan and Baekhyun, standing up from their seats and curtseying slightly. 

“Hello there, pretty ladies,” says the one in the white suit, Suho. “I’m assuming you two are invited to the Perfection pageant this year since you know our names,” he adds with a laugh.

“Yes,” confirms Baekhyun. “It’s an honour to meet the judges of such a prestigious beauty pageant,” he says shyly, looking up from under his eyelashes to seem even more feminine. Suho smiles warmly in return, but before he can reply, he is interrupted by a sharp voice.

“You.” The man in the black suit, Kris, tilts Luhan’s face towards him with a slender finger. “Are you related to Qian?” Luhan’s eyes widen like prey caught by a predator, but he manages a nod. Luckily, neither of the men had said anything, probably assuming that he was Qian’s daughter, so his disguise must have been working.

“You two look alike, a daughter as beautiful as her mother,” agrees Suho. “What is the name of such a beautiful lady?” From any other man, it would have seemed slightly disconcerting, but the polite smile on Suho’s face made Luhan want to blush, his voice stuck in his throat. Trying to cover up for him, Baekhyun sneezes lightly.

“Ah-choo~”

“Ah-choo?” repeats Luhan, still in a daze. Kris and Suho stare at him in confusion, the expression more evident on Kris’ face (Suho was probably to nice to judge. Outwardly at least).

“Gesundheit,” murmurs Baekhyun in Luhan’s ear, and he has to resist the urge to scowl at his new friend.

“Ah-choo? That’s your name?” asks Kris, and there may have been underlying (more like obvious) disgust.

“No!” denies Luhan, shaking his head.

“Lulu, no need to be so shy,” says Baekhyun, patting Luhan on the shoulder.

“Lulu. Ah yes, Lulu!” Luhan finally squeaks out in a high-pitched voice.

“I’m Becca. Sorry about that, she’s just a little nervous since it’s the first day and all.” Baekhyun easily steered the two men’s attention away from Luhan’s little stutter.

“Let’s make our way to the lobby to meet everyone,” he says kindly, motioning for them to follow him as he walks away. Kris lowers his hand, following his fellow judge.

Luhan breathes out a sigh of relief, and Baekhyun gives him a quick thumbs-up, before holding hands and skipping over to the lobby with hurried steps. Their pumps made small clicking noises against the marble floor, and eleven pairs of eyes turn to them as they see a small huddle of girls flock to Suho and Kris. 

Just behind them though, was a man that caught Luhan’s attention. He was dressed in a black suit with white ts, hugging his slim figure. He had blonde hair styled up more casually than the other two, black roots showing through. Instead of making it look outgrown, it added to the look, emphasizing his striking good looks and youth. He was tall, almost as tall as Kris and easily towering over Suho. A flash of pink darted out to swipe across pink lips, and Luhan gulps.

“Is that-” Baekhyun whispers.

“Oh Sehun,” introduces Suho, calling said man closer. “Since he’s been making breakthroughs in the world of fashion with his work recently, we have decided to recruit him to judge your fashion sense,” he explains with a light laugh. “He will be the third judge for this year.”

“Not that we’ll be required to judge though,” adds Kris dryly, with a roll of his eyes. The group of girls (and Baekhyun, since Luhan was too busy ogling the newest addition to the judging panel) turn to the tallest amongst them with an inquisitive glance.

“I’ll explain more on that later, but for now, it’s time to introduce all of you to your fellow contestants,” Suho cuts in, waving dismissively at his partner. Luhan tears his gaze from the youngest judge that had captured his attention, finally looking around at the group of girls that he would be competing against.

Suho introduced them one by one, not once stumbling over names. There were ten contestants in total, each assigned to a number. 

“In chronological order, this is the contestant list. Minah, Jia, Fei, Becca,” Baekhyun Luhan thinks, said boy beside him pumping his fist and muttering, my favourite number, yes, going to be lucky,“Suzy, Min, LuLu,” he cringes internally at the name he had come up with, Baekhyun stifling a giggle beside him, “Tiffany, Seohyun and Taeyeon.”

“As Kris mentioned earlier, we won’t actually be judging you lovely ladies this year. Instead, we have been given the job to mentor--”

“You mean babysit,” interjects Kris bitterly, rolling his eyes. Suho grits his teeth, his smile tightening.

“We will be mentoring you and allowing the audience to make the final decision on who should be crowned Ms. Perfection through live voting!” Hushed whispers made their way across the group of girls, excitement and apprehension in the atmosphere. “Without further ado, I’ll be announcing who gets who!” says Suho in an upbeat voice, motioning for Kris and Sehun to stand on either side of him. “Kris and myself will be getting four girls each, since we have more experience--”

“And Sehun is pretty much a baby himself, no matter how well-known he has made his name; it would be preposterous to have a baby babysit.” This time, Sehun glared at Kris, who shrugged nonchalantly and motioned for Suho to get on with it.

Luhan didn’t pay much attention to who Kris and Suho were mentoring. His mind was too busy accepting the fact that he and Baekhyun, or technically Lulu and Becca, had both been assigned to Sehun. At first, he had been sort of excited, no-one can deny that he might have developed the hots for his new mentor. However, Sehun seemed anything but excited, rolling his eyes and scoffing at the two girls in front of him the minute they sat down around one of the garden tables.

“Out of all the contestants, I get the scrawny short ones, great,” he deadpans, scrutinizing the other two with a hawk-like gaze. Baekhyun squawks indignantly, and even Luhan feels a rising rage in his chest.

“Well excuse you, Sehun--”

“Who said you could call me by my first name?”

“I decided I could, the minute you decided to insult me before even mentoring me!” spat Baekhyun, the goody-two shoes image he had built up crumbling away. Luhan stayed silent, suddenly afraid of the ongoing confrontation. 

Suddenly, a smirk played on Sehun’s lips.

“Feisty, that’s much better,” he says appreciatively. “Beauty pageants aren't just about beautiful ladies, it's about the spirit of winning you have. I didn’t think you had it in you.” At the sudden change in tone, even the mighty Baekhyun blushed, and Luhan was glad once more for having Sehun as his mentor. “You,” Sehun turns to Luhan, “you’re still too scrawny and awkward.” And there we go, any good feelings he had just flew out of the window as Luhan growled in irritation. This was going to be a long day.
 



Baekhyun and Luhan returned to their hotel room after listening to Sehun explain the outline of the pageant to them. 

"The first section will obviously be the introduction,” they had rolled their eyes at Sehun’s tone when he said the word ‘obviously’, “followed by a Q&A session by a few members of the audience.”

“Are they allowed to ask us anything?” asks Luhan nervously, glancing over at Baekhyun.

“As of now, there have been no limits set, but the judges will step in if deemed necessary. Why? Is there something you two want to hide?” The two contestants vehemently denied the statement, shaking their heads. “Okay then. After that, there will be a performance stage followed by the final speech, where you will be expected to wear formal dresses. And obviously,” there it was again, “I’ll be designing all your dresses personally.” 

“What??” Both Baekhyun and Luhan were shocked. They were clearly not expecting this.

“Well, if I’m not going to be judging you, might as well make you the best. It’s not only your win here at stake, my pride and reputation is too.”

It was clear from the first meeting: Kris was the narcissist overdramatic judge whereas Suho was the kind angelic judge. And Sehun, well--

Luhan threw himself onto his bed, exhausted, whilst Baekhyun just sat down, taking off the hairband, ruffling his hair.

"Oh Sehun is such a prick," mumbles Luhan into his pillow. Baekhyun just laughs, not agreeing, but not disagreeing either. 

"Out of the three judges though, he's definitely the hottest," he replies with a grin. Luhan grimaces, but the expression is lost as he still had his face stuffed into the pillow. 

"Only because he complimented you, and not me," Luhan mutters bitterly. “Feisty,” imitates Luhan, growling at Baekhyun, making a paw with his right hand. The other bursts out laughing, holding onto his stomach as he giggles at Luhan’s expression.

"Well, according to him, we're both scrawny," Baekhyun says the word with absolute distaste, "so let's get down to business, to defeat the Hun!" he sings, pulling Luhan up. 

"Let's get down to business, to defeat the Hun!" He keeps singing the phrase, starting from a hushed whisper and raising his voice to a gleeful shout, until Luhan joins him, and soon enough, the two young men were dancing around the small hotel room in a small circle, laughing their heads off. 

“Okay, that made me feel better,” admits Luhan, finally gathering his things to get changed.

“Good, we need to be prepared for whatever Sehun for us in the next week. I don’t know about you, but I have the desire to win,” smirks Baekhyun, getting his own clothes ready.

They changed quickly, eager to get to bed and to rest after an already tiring day with Sehun. Who knows if they could last whole week without having the urge to punch their new mentor?
 



The next day was probably the easiest one that they would experience, Sehun wanting to dedicate the whole day to his dressmaking for both Becca and Lulu. He mentioned something about needing them around to inspire him, to give personal input. 

Honestly, it was quite exciting to Luhan, who had never really had anything custom-made for him before. Okay, maybe it might be a little weird, the first thing ever being a dress, but it was something. And when he and Baekhyun walked into Sehun’s suite, littered with various sample materials, mannequins here and there, he couldn’t help but gasp in awe.

“Woah…” both of them said at the same time. 

“Our very own dresses, made by Oh Sehun himself,” breaths Baekhyun, his eyes as wide as Luhan’s. “Oh my god! Is that the design for the latest Spring collection?” he squeals, running over to run his hands on a large piece of paper that hung on one of the walls, various designs sketched roughly but intricately.

“Yes,” chuckles Sehun, joining them in the main room after closing the door. “But for now, let’s get to work on your dresses.” His gaze turned serious, and he took off the measuring tape around his neck. “Let’s start by taking measurements.”

Luhan and Baekhyun had clearly forgotten to take into consideration the fact that they’d need to be measured. They hesitate, trying to communicate silently through their eyes. Each boy was nodding at the other, urging the other to go first.

“Come on now,” grumbles Sehun. “We haven’t got all day.” They were still frozen to the spot. “Are you worried I’m going to touch you inappropriately or something?” he questions, lifting an eyebrow. Again, the two contestants remained silent. “Girls, trust me. It’ll take just a second.”

When neither of them made a move, Sehun finally snapped. “Luhan! Get up on the small podium, you’re first.” Luhan released a small whimper of nervousness but got up nonetheless, understanding that Sehun was in his element and should not be messed with. Baekhyun sends him a look of support, showing his two thumbs and whispering a short ‘good luck’.

Sehun starts by measuring from Luhan’s shoulder down to his knees, and then all the way down to his ankles. He jots down the measurements on a piece of paper on a nerby table before getting back to Luhan. Next, it was the width of his shoulders, and length of his arms. Up until then, it had been pretty safe, nothing that could expose them to Sehun.

But now the troublesome part began. Sehun’s hands were getting closer and closer to his chest area, about to loop it around the front and to the back. Luhan was about to have a nervous breakdown. What if he notices the tissues? How flat-chested Lulu actually was?

Luckily, Sehun said nothing, his touches feather light and brief. There was another worrying moment when Sehun’s hands were on Luhan’s hips, so close to… well, you know. And the feel of Sehun’s big hands all over his body, let’s just say that it left strange feelings in the pit of Luhan’s stomach.

Soon enough it was Baekhyun’s turn and just like that it was over. They both breathed out a sigh of relief, catching themselves when Sehun looked at them strangely.

“That was just taking measurements… I don’t get why you’d be so tired…” They just laugh awkwardly, brushing their hair behind their ears. “Anyways, have the rest of the day off, I’m going to start brainstorming and designing so these can be made on time.”

“Wait,” interrupted Baekhyun. “We don’t have a say in our dresses?” he asks disbelievingly.

“Who’s the fashion designer here?” Sehun lifts an eyebrow to challenge Baekhyun but the latter realizes that Sehun’s probably right.

“Well, we’ll be getting going then,” says Luhan, pulling his friend out with him. Only once they were safe and sound out of Sehun’s suite did he speak again. “Are you stupid?” he deadpans.

“What? It was a legitimate question,” counters Baekhyun. “Aren’t you the slightest bit curious about what we’ll be wearing on the day?”

“I guess so… But he must know what he’s doing,” Luhan reasons. “You love his work for a reason.”

“Touché.”