Summer Love

Summer Love - Woobin

The bright sun shined down on a jeep with the top uncovered as it moved along with the curvature of the road. Two guys sat in the Jeep as they turned the radio up letting the wind whip their hair around them and their shirts against their skin. Stretching their hands out the sides of the Jeep, the wind combed through their fingers as a smile came onto Woobin’s face.

Pulling into the city, the two best friends, Kimhyun and Woobin drove to a small house as two girls sat on the front steps of the house.

The Jeep pulled up next to the curb as Brook tapped your shoulder as you head raised. Brook took off running to the Jeep as Woobin moved to the backseat.

"Come on, ______. It will be fun!" Kimhyun called as you nodded, walking to the car, you stepped in the back next to Woobin as you buckled up.

"I missed you Brookie~" Kimhyun sang as he leaned in and kissed his girlfriends cheek as her fingers laced with his. Glancing over at Woobin, he was looking out the window as you planted your hands in your lap as you looked out the open car.

"Yah, let’s get going! I want to make sure we still have daylight left!" Woobin hit the back of Kimhyun’s seat as they started to kiss.

"Fine, fine, we’re going." Kimhyun grumbled as he put the car into drive as he drove to the beach.

Letting your fingers dance with the passing wind, your hair started to come undone from it’s braid as it tapped your neck lightly. Taking in the fresh air, you could smell it getting saltier as you neared the ocean.

Woobin sat next to you with a racing, nervous heart as he kept stealing glances, taking in your smile how warm and friendly it was. Running his hands along his swim shorts, he tried to keep his racing heart under control but he couldn’t believe how beautiful you got every time that he saw you. Always going out with Kimhyun and you always with Brook, both of you saw each other a lot, but today he had something special to say to you.

Hearing the lapping waves, excitement grew as you bounced in your seat as Kimhyun pulled the car into a parking space. Quickly unbuckling your seat belt, you got out of the car as you stretched your legs and your back as you smiled and took in the warm, fresh, ocean air. Kimhyun and Brook started walking to the ocean as they skipped there together. Woobin and you hung back behind them as you slipped off your shoes once you hit the sand.

"Don’t they look happy together?" Woobin asked as he carried the towels and some water.

"They do, they are perfect together." You commented as Woobin looked at you with a smile. Reaching an open spot on the beach line, he put some towels on the ground as you sat on one of them and he sat next to you as you pulled your knees to your chest, wrapping your arms around your legs as you looked at the ocean.

He watched you for a while, leaning back on his arms, as his muscles became highlighted by the sun. Trailing his eyes down your figure, down your braided hair, to your light blue hoodie, and some black shorts that peeked out from under the hem of the hoodie.

"Aren’t you hot?" He remarked as you looked over at him and shook your head.

"I like being warm, it feels so nice." You hummed with a smile as you kept your eyes on the ocean, not seeing it many times before you wanted to make sure that you made a good memory from your time here.

Laughter and giggles got louder as Brook and Kimhyun  came closer to the both of you.

"You should come into the water with us!" Brook pulled on your arm as you shook your head.

"I don’t want to." You protested as Kimhyun tagged Brook and took off for the water.

Woobin sat next to you as he took off his shirt and thew it aside as he stood up and removed his shoes.

"Come on in the water, it will be fun." He said with a smile as you rolled your eyes and put your hands out as he grabbed them and pulled you up.

Grabbing the hem of your hoodie, you pulled it over your head as you revealed a cute swimsuit as you put your hoodie on the blanket next to your shoes as Woobin tried to keep his eyes from looking at you for too long. Both of you trotted into the water as the cool water hit against your skin. Kimhyun splashed you and you let out a squeal as you knew that this would be war!

Moving into the deeper water, you began to splash Kimhyun as Brook started to splash you, Woobin was hanging out from the group until you splashed him.

"Come join us!" You called having way too much fun to be in your bubble any more. With your invitation, he swam over as he began to just splash you. Laughter and squeals filled the air as all of you played in the sea for hours. 

Pulling yourselves out of the water, everyone collapsed on the towels as you smiled contently as the sun began to dry your wet skin. Woobin laid down next to you as his chest heaved from the fight. Kimhyun just sat down as Brook kept standing.

"Oppa, I want something cool to drink." Brook whined as Kimhyun sat up and gave her some money. "I want you to come with me Oppa." She stomped her food as Kimhyun groaned internally as he sat up and got to his feet.

"We’ll be back." He grumbled as Brook took his hand and walked up the shoreline with him. Watching them round the corner, you rolled your head back as you closed your eyes and took in the warm sun.

Silence settled between Woobin and you as both of you just laid there together. Woobin wanted to say something but he kept psyching himself out and not having the heart to ask you.

"Hey…. _______?" He finally began to ask as you rolled your head over to look at him.

"Hmmmm." You hummed slowly opening your eyes.

"I-I…" Woobin began to speak as the two of you were quickly covered in a bucket of sand.

"Gotcha!" Kimhyun called as Woobin got up and began to chase him as you watched them run up the shore together as Brook sat next to you as you brushed off the sand.

"Have you asked her yet?" Kimhyun yelled once out of sight from you. Woobin quickly turned around and covered his mouth once.

"Shhh, I haven’t told her yet." Woobin hissed.

"Easy, I was just asking." Kimhyun said pushing Woobin’s hand from his mouth. "Don’t worry you will get your chance." Kimhyun evilly laughed as both of them went off running again.

The sun began to set as the sky as Brook rested against Kimhyun’s chest. His arms were wrapped around her waist as his fingers played with his as they seemed really happy together. Sighing softly, you slipped your hoodie over your heard wrapping your arms around your legs, resting your head on your knees as you watched the waves roll in.

"How about we make a campfire?" Woobin asked as you looked at him and nodded as you were getting cold with the setting sun.

”_____ and I will go find some wood.” He said as you both rose to your feet and headed off down the shore as your feet walked in the waves of the water.

"You were trying to say something earlier…" You reminded him as he looked at you as he nodded his head.

"I just wanted to tell you… that… you look really pretty." He stumbled over his words as you smiled at him.

"Thank you. Brook helped me pick it out. She said that you would like it." You blushed as you shoved your hands into your kangaroo pocket, upon finding some wood, you handed it to Woobin as he carried it back to the little spot that the four of you had.

Gathering some rocks, you made a little pit as he worked on the fire, watching the little flame, you sat near the fire watching the little flame slowly grow with the kindling and the slight breath of Woobin as you smiled at him. Once the fire was steadily burning Woobin kept feeding it slowly, making it into a nice fire as you smiled at the warmth that it brought. Brook and Kimhyun were still in each others arms on the other side of the fire as you kept eying them, wishing that they would find a room far away.

"Hey Kimhyun, can you go get us more wood please." Woobin asked as Kimhyun beamed, picking up Brook as she whined and he pulled her along as she got on his back for a ride.

"Finally…" You said under your breath.

"I know, they can get a little much." Woobin said modestly as he took a stick and poked the fire as you looked over at his face. The light from the fire highlighting his cheeks and his soft eyes and his strong muscles as you were captured by his simple beauty.

”_______?” Woobin asked as he continued to poke the fire making it crackle and pop as you smiled, loving that sound of summer.

"Yes?" You urged him on a little bit as you could tell that he was nervous.

"There was something I was trying to tell you all day long." He began, "I just, well, whenever I get together with Kimhyun, I only come for one reason." He took a deep breath.

"I ask if you are going to be there." He said softly as your eyes get wide, but you couldn’t say anything, you just let him continue. "I like to be around you and you make me smile and laugh and I love to be around you. Seeing Brook and Kimhyun so happy together makes me think of us and happy we are and I can’t help but wonder if I took a chance on you, if you would take the same chance on me."

"What chance is that?" You asked as you kept your eyes on him.

"I like you" He said as he turned and you smiled, taking a deep breath you rested your head on his shoulder.

"I like you too." You smiled as his arm wrapped around you and pulled you closer as both of you watched the fire as your own fire began to burn for each other.