Game Over

Aftermath

Zhang Yixing was standing in front of his car in his sleek, black suit, a frown of his face as he watched the reception greet every friend and acquaintances of Kim Jongdae. He hesitated, wondering if he should go in and pay his respects, before deciding against it and entering his car yet again, asking his chaffeur to drive away.

He could not prevent the memories from resurfacing, though, as he was bombarded with Jongdae's smile again and again, as he closed his eyes and thought back...

 


 

Zhang Yixing watched the guy from afar, at the table in the middle of the canteen. This was where the popular ones sit, that being, him and his buddies from basketball, as well as the pretty girls from cheerleading. 

Yixing loved that smile that Kim Jongdae always had on his face. He was curious as of how the nerd kept smiling no matter what. He tried to be discreet upon watching the younger, but unknown to him, Luhan had been watching his every move...

 


 

Zhang Yixing had been trying to get ideas on how to introduce himself to Kim Jongdae. Well, it was not as if the latter didn't know who Yixing was. Everyone knew who Yixing was. He was so preoccupied with his thoughts and walked into someone. Flustered, he quickly helped the guy up, dusting off clothes gently and shooting him a smile. His eyes widened because --- holy crap! it's the nerd! 

There was no response from the younger, so Yixing waved his hand in front of Jongdae's face. "Hellooooooooo? Earth to Kim Jongdae?" The younger had a surprised look and smiled it off. hastily making his way to his next class.

Yixing had felt a small flutter in his chest.

 


 

Yixing watched as the nerd topped his level again. The principal had a prize awarded to the boy, and the boy made a short speech of how he was able to get this far. Upon mentioning "a certain someone" who he felt he should work towards, Yixing could feel the boy's eyes looking at him.

Yixing decided that he would confess to the boy tomorrow.

 


 

"Cheers!" The clinking of glasses could be heard as the group made a toast to the school year. The popular ones were at Zhang Yixing's place, drinking the night away. Downing the glasses in one shot, the friends decided to play truth or dare. The loser would have break someone's heart. The victim would be decided by the person who made the loser later on. 

Everyone had nodded to the decision. And Luhan threw in another idea to make the game more challenging. "Everytime the bottle points at you, you have to down a shot of the strong stuff." Yixing had smiled at his evil partner. "Yeah, and if you get drunk and pass out before a loser is selected, you'll be the loser."

Ever the daring, the group agreed at once and the game commenced.

After a few hours of drinking, Wu Yifan had excused himself to go--well--run to the toilet, and Kim Jongin was doubled over while holding his stomach, eyes closed and chest heaving as he tried to keep his dinner down. Yixing and Luhan had laughed at the scene, leaning on each other as they took another swig at their drinks. As far as the game had went, many truths were discovered and dares were done, but no one had threw in the towel yet. And, to Yixing's dismay, no one seemed like they were going to pass out any time soon, despite Yifan's loud retches in the toilet and how Jongin looked like he was going to throw up on the carpet anytime soon.

Luhan spun the bottle. 

It landed on Yixing.

"Truth or dare?"
"Dare."
"Have with me." Luhan slurred while putting his hand on Yixing's crotch. Luhan was the drunk.
Yixing swatted it away. 
"No way, I'll rather break someone's heart."
"Well." Luhan had smirked, hand moving to his own crotch. "Kim Jongdae it is."

Yixing's eyes widened.

"Kim Jongdae, by graduation."

 


 

Yixing did confess to Kim Jongdae the next day. He was feeling really bad from the hangover so the confession was less than sincere, but Kim Jongdae had smiled brightly and hugged the elder. 

Zhang Yixing had confessed to Kim Jongdae, the nerd. Not for his original reason, but because of Truth or Dare.

 


 

Kim Jongdae was elated when his boyfriend showed him two tickets for them to go to a VIP-only concert. He smiled up at Yixing, so widely, that his eyes disappeared. Yixing chuckled at his boyfriend's reaction and hugged him tightly, whispering "Happy one month". Jongdae did the same.

"Zhang Yixing, you're really an angel."
"And your smile is like heaven." Yixing had replied, one of his genuine comments from the heart.

 


 

It was their ninth monthsary on the day of result day. Jongdae was nervously biting his nails when Yixing had sat down beside and pulled his hands away from his mouth. 

"Calm down, baby."

Yixing could feel Jongdae calming down a little at his touch, before getting a question from his boyfriend.

"Do I dare to hope?" The question came as a whisper, Yixing tilted his head.
"Why not?"
"Because the more I hope, the harder I'll fall, no?" 
"Then I'll be there to catch you."

 


 

Their first year was the same day of Yixing's graduation. Yixing was throwing a party at his house, and of course his boyfriend would be invited. Not known to any, Yixing's love for the younger's smile had long disappeared, and he was finding it irritating whenever Jongdae smiled, be it happy, sad, or in pain.

After downing ten shots in a row, to the cheers of everyone in the party, Yixing had found his vision blurring a little. He decided to close his eyes for five minutes. Only five minutes.

It was a mistake. Zhang Yixing woke up feeling uncomfortable. No, not uncomfortable like he was gonna throw up. Uncomfortable, in his pants. While he was passed out, Luhan had sneakily rubbed his crotch through his pants, watching in amusement as Yixing became rock hard. When Yixing had showed any signs of waking, his friend had walked off. 

Yixing was feeling now. He located his boyfriend in the crowd, looking out of place, and pecked him on his lips before engaging him in a passionate kiss. Grinding against his boyfriend, he muttered something about needs, follow me and, trust me.

Bringing Jongdae into his room, he had ed him senseless, lust taking over logic.

 


 

He had dumped Jongdae the next day. Reason being that he had to win the bet, but he did not bring up how much he hated the younger's smile now. 

Yixing saw Jongdae smile, again, before he had left the room after he asked the younger one to leave after getting dressed.

 


 

Zhang Yixing felt a sharp pain in his chest as he thought about everything. Panting, he asked his chauffeur to turn back. Walking into the reception, he was greeted with familiar faces. Faces he thought he would never see again.

Kim Junmyeon, Kim Minseok and Do Kyungsoo were there. None of the three were without tear-stained faces. Junmyeon had looked up at Yixing and asked why he was here, where had he been all this while after he moved, and how he knew Kim Jongdae.

Yixing answered everything, and said he was here to visit his boyfriend for one last time. He found out that Kim Jongdae was actually the brother of Junmyeon and Minseok, of which Minseok was especially fond of him.

He turned towards the coffin where Jongdae lies and bowed. When he straightened, he saw the face of an angry Kyungsoo. 

"I know you caused his death, he called me crying. If you don't want me to tell the brothers, stay away from us from now on."
"You took away my loved one, I'll never forgive you."

 

 

 

Zhang Yixing broke down as he left the room. He honestly never intended this to happen. He was going to wait till Jongdae graduates, and enter the same university as him. He would try to win his heart again, this time, not because of a dare. He had pondered over his hate for Kim Jongdae's smile, only to realise he hated it because the younger one felt happy every time, and he could not. 


Jongdae, you idiot. Yixing started sobbing, when he felt someone holding him from behind. 

"You must have loved him." Kim Junmyeon had commented.

 


 

This be a wound in my heart, which time will heal but leave a scar, forever reminding me on how a small decision could lead to unwanted incidents.

 

damn it, this time there were actually subscribers, and it .