Children-Part 2 (Sequel of Caroling)

Children-Part 2 (Sequel of Caroling)

            "Hyung, do you want to sneak out with Tao, Luhan hyung, and me right now?" a fully-disguised Chen asked Kris. It was 9 pm. The manager hyungs signed into their hotel rooms early were all dead asleep by now, and the mischievous duo wanted to get a tour of Beijing by none other than Luhan.

            "I need to call Kay right now. I might catch up with you guys later. Don't stay out too late! Our flight is early today," the older responded.

            The younger smiled at his hyung, "Thanks! We'll come back as soon as possible!"

            Kris was left with the resonating sound of his and Chen's shared hotel door closing. He dialed a number on his phone and smiled as he listened to the familiar waiting ringtone his girlfriend had set up.

            "Kris!" a bright voice broke the tune.

            "Hey Kay~" he responded.

            "I'm watching 'Extraordinary Class' right now! The kids are soooo cute!!!" she sighed. Kris rolled his eyes and smiled. Leave it to his girlfriend to completely dismiss his own wellbeing for a couple of kids on the show he was on. He could tell that she was pouting. "I want to interact with them too..."

            Kay had definitely seen a significant change with Kris and his feelings towards kids. After half a year, he had gotten so close with Yun that she wouldn't even want to go home with Chen when he brought her along to hang out with the whole gang. The expression on Kris' face with he talked with the little boy Guoguo was priceless. He looked at the boy as if he were the greatest kid he ever laid eyes on, and it made Kay really happy.

            "The little boy, Guoguo, is the best! He's so funny... Ah..." Kay exclaimed.

            "Yeah... he was pretty adorable," Kris admitted while smiling.

            "The MCs kept trying to have him stand towards the audience so that they could see him, but he's a kid, what can you do?" I hope that our kid will be as bright as him, Kris thought.

            He heard Kay yawn. "Are you tired? What did you do today?" he questioned.

            "Yeah, I'm sort of tired... I'm babysitting Yun right now! She's sleeping~ She's so cute when she sleeps. I wish you could see her right now..."

            Kris gasped and lowered his voice to a whisper, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?? Was I talking too loud?"

            Kay laughed at his silliness. He worries about Yun too much. "She's sleeping in her bedroom right now. I'm just chilling in the living room."

            "What kind of babysitter are you? How can you be 'chilling' when the child's parents put enough trust in you to take care of their precious child??" Kris almost yelled into the phone.

            "Well I'm sorry that I have nothing to do right now!" Kay responded with an annoyed tone in her voice. "Yun's parents aren't coming home until in an hour. I thought that my boyfriend would be happy that I'm watching him on a show that he was on. Sometimes I feel like you are now even more extreme when taking care of Yun than I am."

            "Sorry... I just want her to be safe... I know that you're safe because the apartment is locked. Yun, on the other hand... She could make her house a dangerous place."

            "Wow... my boyfriend trusts an inanimate object to protect me. Should I be worried about our relationship?" Kay joked.

            Kris smiled knowing that Kay forgave him for scolding her. "I love you, Kay," he suddenly pronounced.

            "I love you, too, Kris. I miss you a lot."

            "Me too." Kris let out a deep breath slowly and closed his eyes to think to himself. "Remember when we went caroling last Christmas?" he whispered.

            Kay snuggled on the couch with the blanket on her lap. "Yeah," she responded softly as she reminisced that winter night.

            "Remember when I asked you to give me time to get used to kids?" Kris asked.

            "Yes," Kay replied.

            "Well... I think that I'm already in love with almost every kid on the planet now," Kris said. Because of you. Because of Yun.

            Kay laughed, "Yeah... I think I figured that out when I saw how much Yun is attached to you now and how you looked at Guoguo on the show."

            Kris smiled. "I need to make another request to you."

            "What is it?" Kay asked.

            "Could you... could you wait a couple of years before we get married?"

            Kay's heart pounded against her chest. This was basically a proposal. She stared into space while being in deep thought.

            Kris' question was met with silence. "Kay? Kay?? Are you okay? Is something wrong? Kay, honey--"

            "I'm fine," the girl managed to answer.

            Kris sighed to himself.

            "You know that you're basically proposing to me, Kris?" Kay questioned.

            "Yes, I know," he answered. "Truthfully, if it were not for my career, I would have already formally proposed to you... But unfortunately with my job..." he trailed off. "I really want to marry you, Kay. I don't know if you understand how I feel, but I'm doing this right now for our own privacy and protection. I don't want to ruin everything that we have right now."

            "I understand," Kay replied sincerely.

            Kris heart was filled with emotions. How lucky is he to have a girlfriend who is so understanding?

            "I wouldn't have dated you if I didn't," She continued. "You are the man I love. That means that I support and accept your goals and dreams and wish that you do your best in achieving them. If doing this requires waiting a few years to get married, then I'm neither worried nor will I feel bad. I know that our relationship will work out because we love each other so much. I'm fine with loving you as your girlfriend for a couple of more years before settling down together. Don't worry, Kris. I am yours. I'm not going to vanish out of thin air anytime soon."

            Kris let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Kay. What did I do to deserve you?" He asked.

            Kay laughed. “What did I do to deserve you?” she countered. Kay yawned. "I'm tired, Kris... I'm going to take a quick nap before Yun's parents come back home, okay?"

            "Okay," Kris replied. "Don't hang up! I'll be with you until you fall asleep," he ordered.

            "Yes sir!" Kay answered with a giggle.

            Kris heard the rustling of Kay's blanket as she made herself more comfortable on the couch.

            "Night, Kris..."

            "Goodnight, sweetheart."

                                                   

A/N: I absolutely love Guoguo *seobs,* Plus have you seen the way Kris looked at Guoguo??? Here's more awesome Guoguo moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAGI8J0IbMQ (~49:25 asking question to Kris *seobs*), http://lusekais.tumblr.com/post/27680417672http://kpop-fan-atic.tumblr.com/post/27830040120/guoguo-calling-his-geges