Bet

Bet - Jungmin

The soft moonlight flooded in through your window as came out of the closet with your hair wrapped in a towel balancing on the top of your head. Moving to your side of the bed, you folded your legs on top of the mattress as you released your hair from the twisted towel. Patting down your hair, you gently dried it as you combed it carefully.

Once your hair was mostly dry, you laid your head down on your pillow as you turned off your side lamp as your phone bid goodnight to you as you closed your eyes while pulling the covers up on yourself.

Minutes later, the room went completely dark as you felt the mattress dip due to Jungmin as you sighed loudly. No response came from Jungmin as you to your back as your head rolled over to look at him. His sleeping face greeted you as his hands were inches away from his head that gently dipped into the white pillow.

"Jungmin…" You broke the silence with your soft voice as his eye gently opened just to close as a hum came from his lips. "Do you think that we are getting to comfortable with each other?"

His eyes opened as he looked at you, your head turned as your eyes traced over the boring ceiling.

"What would make you think that?" He mumbled in his deep, tired voice as his fingers gently brushed against your cheek.

"I don’t know, there just doesn’t seem to be any danger or passion in our relationship anymore." Your fingers played with each other on top of the comforter as Jungmin looked at you with understanding eyes. "It just feels kind of boring."

"I know, but isn’t comfortable a good thing?" He asked as you rolled your head back over to him.

"I want to be how we used to be." You quietly whispered as he looked at you wondering what to do next.

"Do you want to test if we are getting too comfortable with each other?" He offered as you bit your lip gently.

"Do you have an idea?" You asked him as he got a crooked smile on his face.

"What about a little bet?" He smirks as your eyes light up.

"Can I make up the bet please! I have a really good one!" You got a little more excited than you should have been.

"Sure." He smiled at you as he closed his eyes while you thought of the perfect bet.

"How about you can’t kiss me for a whole day?" You looked at him as his eyes shot open.

"How is that going to prove that we are too comfortable together?" He questioned as he moved closer to you.

"If you can make it a whole day a whole day without kissing me, then when we do kiss, we will see if anything happens, like sparks." You reasoned as he nodded against his pillow.

"What kind of kissing can’t I do?" He mumbled as you knew that he was getting close to fall asleep.

"All kinds are off limits." You smirked at him as he smiled.

"Ok, I’ll take that bet." He smiled as he nuzzled his head into his pillow.

"No matter what." You added as he nodded, you smiled and began to scheme what you had planned for tomorrow.

The morning birds sang their sweet song as you woke up and rubbed your eyes. Sitting up in your bed, you unplugged your phone and slid off of the bed as Jungmin still slept. Smiling to yourself, you walked out into the kitchen as you began to make breakfast for yourself.

The sweet scent of food began to fill the small apartment as Jungmin opened his eyes as he sat up in bed as he yawned. Looking over at your side of the bed, you were gone and he looked over to the kitchen and saw you plating your food as you sat on one of the chairs and began to look at your phone as you ate.

Curious if you made him some food, he got up and shuffled his feet across the floor to the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen, you looked up at him as you saw his eyes look at the plate that sat across from you.

"D-Did you make me breakfast?" He looked at you as you nodded. "Wow, you’re the best girlfriend ever!" Prancing over to you, he wrapped your arms around your waist as his head rested on your shoulder as his head lifted almost to kiss your cheek as he hesitated remembering the beat that you two made the night before.

"I’ll go get changed." You loosed yourself from his grip as you smiled and walked back to the bedroom as you went to go change into an outfit that you knew he would have a hard time resisting to kiss you in.

Taking your spot, he ate his breakfast as he waited for you to finish before he could change.

"You’re turn." You called as you walked out in light tight jeans and a grey V neck t shirt, with a gold chain around your neck and a little heart pendant that hung right below your clavicles, he looked up from his plate and stared as you grabbed your hair pulling it up into a messy bun as you took the plates from the counter and the pans from breakfast as you began to wash them.

Slowly, his jaw dropped as he kept his eyes on you. Having to keep reminding himself that he couldn’t just wrap his arms around you at that moment and pull you into a heated kiss, he had to keep his cool if he wanted to show you that he had the same passion for you that he has always had, maybe even a little more.

"You better go get changed if you don’t want to be late for practice." You snapped him out of his trans as he nodded and walked away, looking over his shoulder to do a double take on you as he smiled and bumped into the wall. Looking over your head at the noise, you saw him rubbing his head as you smiled knowing that he missed the door.

Quickly changing, he came out in a tight t shirt and some loose jeans as he picked up his bag and put it over his shoulder as he made his way over to you. Stopping right behind you, his mind became blank again as he always kissed you goodbye.

"So… I will see you later?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck as you turned around and nodded. Nodding his head slowly, he walked from the kitchen as he slipped on his shoes as your eyes caught his outfit causing you to blush and bite your lip.

Waving at you, you waved back as he left with a smile on his face before the door clicked shut and you let out a deep sigh.

"I didn’t think that this would be hard for me too." You said quietly as you looked down at the plate that you had been scrubbing. Moving to another dish, your phone buzzed on the counter as you quickly dried your hands and picked up your phone.

Hours passed as you did things around the home, laundry and clean, you also got some more groceries and put them away before you went into your closet to hang up the clothes that you had washed earlier. Singing softly to yourself, you smiled as you put away his clothes, once you were done you picked up the dirty laundry and put it in the basket as you walked back to the washing machine for another load.

Glancing at the clock, you smiled as you knew that Jungmin would come home sometime soon. Gathering up the now cleaned laundry, you turned off the light as you headed back to the closet to put them away.

Picking up the song where you left off, you put the clothes away as you thought you heard the front door open and close as you bit your lip gently.

"I’m home." You heard from the closet as you heart skipped a beat as you smiled. Stopping for a moment, you listened closely to his actions.

Shuffling, opening the fridge, closing the fridge, more shuffling, opening of the door…

Hearing the bedroom door open, you busied yourself quickly as you heard his slippers stop as he looked at you hanging up his clothes. Letting out a sigh, he sat on the edge of the bed just to watch you.

Putting the basket into the corner of the closet, you walked out as you sat on the bed next to him as you sighed contently at a job well done.

"Please put your clothes in the basket." You said gently as your feet played with the rug on the floor as he nodded, stealing a few glances at you he rubbed his hands together in nervousness.

"W-When is our bet over?" He asked nervously as his shoulders caved inwards.

"Someone getting impatient?" You asked as you looked over at him as he showed a little smile as his head dropped ashamed as his heart knew that it couldn’t beat without you. Looking over at you slowly, he felt his heart swell as he got up from the bed waiting from your answer.

"I think it has been a day." You said, not really remembering either when both of you made the bet as you stood up and began to walk over to the door to start a late dinner for the both of you.

Before you knew it, you were being turned around with strong arms around your waist as softly lips moved hungrily over yours. Fireworks began to take off as Jungmin danced his lips quickly over yours as you began to walk backwards. Pulling you against him, he pushed you against the wall as his lips devoured yours. The kiss was powerful, passionate and everything that you had missed in your relationship with him lately. His soft touches up your arms and along your back made your heart go into overdrive as your lips pulled on his as he brought his body closer to yours.

"I missed kissing you." He mumbled deeply against your lips as you wrapped your arms around his shoulders as you pulled him closer to you. Talking silently through your kiss, both of you knew that your love for each other was deeper than you ever could explain as both of you made up for lost time as he tried to thank you for such a wonderful dare and for showing him how much he loved you and you loved him.