Unexpected

Calm

Maybe it’s the way how Namjoon softly calls out Haru’s  name  that made her more interested in him—or maybe it’s the way he shows his affection towards Haru that made her fall deeper for him, one shall never know.

Namjoon or better known as Rap Monster, is the kind of guy who holds a strong image, which makes him look as if he’s a bad guy. But in all honesty, he isn’t. He’s the type of guy who does an epic amount of aegyo whenever her girlfriend is to absurd with her drama addiction. He’s also funny; he cracks up jokes every time and mostly after his beloved lover is having a hard time with her novel endings. He is the type of guy who cares about a woman’s heart more than his own and Haru is his beloved girlfriend, lover and he loves her too damn much

-

“It’s a good day to have a special something” Namjoon tells Haru. They were eating their breakfast before they start with their jobs, Haru works as a journalist while Namjoon is a composer in an entertainment company he signed up back in the day “and why is that” Haru asks while munching her cereal, “Because I said so” he winks “I’ll be asking Hoseok to be picking up you today, so therefore you shall come home early” “Why should I come home early though” Haru stares at Namjoon “Because I have a surprise for you” he smiles. Haru is eyeing Namjoon so hard because the last time he made a surprise for her, their house almost got caught up with a huge fire. “I’m off to work now” Haru got up from her seat and went towards the coat rack, “W-w-wait, I’ll send you today” with that Namjoon ate his meal as fast as he could and walked towards Haru

He intertwined their hands together while walking towards his car. It’s a small affection but it sure made Haru’s heartbeat rise up. “You weren’t supposed to go to the studio today, right?” Haru asks “Yeah but I felt like sending you today, plus there’s this DVD store near your office, I’m heading there to pick up my CD” Haru pouted, “I wanted to drive today you know” “Aww, you can drive tomorrow, just let me send you today” Namjoon pinches her chubby cheeks which he earned a slap on the hand from Haru. It’s always Haru who does all the violence to him, he doesn’t mine though cause he thinks it’s good that he has a girl that knows how to protect herself.

-

Half an hour later, they arrived Haru’s workplace, Namjoon walked towards Haru’s door to open it, they bid their farewells and Namjoon kissed her forehead (which is the regular thing he does whenever they need to go to work) “Promise me that you’ll ride back with your brother” Namjoon held out his pinky finger, Haru sighed “I could take the bus or a cab like you don’t have to call Hoseok oppa, to send me home, I don’t want to disturb him-“ “No, no you need to ride back home with him,” With that Haru intertwined her pinky together with his, “Fine I promise.” Namjoon ruffled her hair “Good girl” slowly Haru walked towards her front door office, Namjoon was opening the door,  when he heard her screaming “Don’t burn down our house!” which he replied “Don’t worry I wont be cooking today” which was a slight lie, because he’ll be using the oven instead of the stove

She laughed, and went into her office. Namjoon after that drove to the DVD store to buy a movie for their date tonight, he planned to have a date at their apartments rooftop, a movie date to be precise, the one with blankets all over the place and a snack corner that consists their favorite foods that he’ll be making afterwards, a romantic movie that they’ll enjoy watching together. Maybe it’s too much of an effort but hey anything for his loved ones aite. So after picking up the movie, he went to a supermarket to buy the ingredients for the foods tonight, after buying the items, he went back home, to prepare the things. He placed the foods on top of the kitchen counter and went searching for the blankets and the lights he hid it from Haru. After placing it all in one place, he went back to the kitchen to start cooking; he’s making her favorite pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and chocolate lasagna for their desserts afterwards.

-

He glanced at the clock, it was 3 now he still had another, 3 hours to prepare the rooftop, he called Hoseok incase he has forgotten his task today, he reached out his phone in his pocket and searched for Hoseok’s number, after a few rings, he picked up “Yeah I know I have to pick my sister, jeez dude I’m not that old to forget things like that” “okay good” Namjoon replied. Looking at how pizza had turned well he started making the chocolate lasagna.

He finished making all the foods and went to the rooftop bringing the things that he needs to place up there. He sprawled all of the blankets, setted up the LCD monitor for them to watch the movie, and he went down to the house, to bring up the tables, that he’s going to place the foods and snacks. When everything was settled, it was only 5 when he glanced at his watch “She’ll be back by 6 I can go shower now” he told himself. So he went down to get a shower. It didn’t took him so long for a shower because he was interrupted by Hoseok's’s call stating that he’s near his house. So Namjoon had to rush out from the bathroom and wore his clothes, and ran downstairs to pick up Haru. By the time he got down, they just arrived, Namjoon told Hoseok how thankful he is for sending Haru home and bid farewell to Hoseok.

Namjoon asked Haru to change to something casual “Are we going out? Haru asked, “Well, something like that” Namjoon replied and then Haru replied with her usual okay. It was 7.30 when Haru finished changing; she wore a floral dress that stopped at her knees, with a black vans (because she doesn’t own any other flats). Namjoon smiled, she looked beautiful as usual “Now can I take my lady to her surprise date” Namjoon held his hand out, like a prince asking his princess to dance, “Certainly” she replied while putting her hands on top of his hand.

They were outside the house when Namjoon asked her to cover her eyes with a black scarf he gave her; she obeyed him and covered her eyes with it. Namjoon brought her up the rooftop, gently because he’s afraid that she’ll fall down. When they arrived at the rooftop, Namjoon slowly removed the scarf around her eyes,

Haru is awestruck

It was beautiful, so beautiful that Haru forgot how to even speak. She loved everything that Namjoon prepared to make the rooftop more splendid than usual, she loved the decorations, the lights all around the rooftop, she loved it, she loved everything .

“So how is it, do you like it?” Namjoon asked whilst Haru replied with a hug and a kiss on the lips and her gratefulness “I love it, thank you” Namjoon kissed on top of her head, “You’re welcome” he replied. They then went towards the food section to pick out the food that Namjoon made “Did you buy this?” Haru asked while chewing “No” Namjoon replies while munching, “I made it, with love for you” “You cheesy ” Haru playfully hit Namjoon on his arms “So what movie are watching today?” Haru asks, “Just this trailer I’ve stumbled upon a year ago” “Oh, what’s the name of it?” “Moonrise Kingdom, you’ll love it, I promise.”

Before the movie started, Namjoon excused himself, and went back towards their house to pick the dessert. It is stored in the freezer as it will melt if he brings it out with the pizza. Namjoon has another surprise actually. Inside the chocolate lasagna, there’s a ring, his wedding ring for her. They knew each other for quite long now to actually be with each other forever. He hopes that Haru will agree with his decisions.

By the time Namjoon came back the movie has started and Haru is intensely watching it and didn’t notice that Namjoon came back. She was too absurd in the movie, until Namjoon placed the desert in front of her. She smiled at him while stabbing the lasagna with her fork. It took 3 bites for Haru to notice the ring. She lightly spitted it out from the mouth and Namjoon took it while cleaning it with a handkerchief. Haru though still couldn’t compromise what just happened, so she stood there hoping for Namjoon to say something.

Namjoon lightly coughs, “Dear Jung Haru, I now this is cliché proposing using foods, stuffing the ring in it, but I know how much you loved chocolate so I guess why not you know using your favorites but hey I did it didn’t I.” Namjoon kneeled down “Jung Haru, we have known each other since my trainee days where’s you were Hoseok sister who usually comes to our practice because she was force by her mom to do so but hey I’m thankful for my future mother in-law for forcing you to do so because where would’ve I meet a wonderful girl like you. On 23rd August 2011, remember? The day I asked you to be my girlfriend, in which you agreed and we became one after that, I promised to be by your side forever so here’s me making my promise. Haru, I’ve got a stable job that doesn’t consists me flying from a place to another place, I make music and you’re my muse, 5 years of being together, we had fights but we reconcile it afterwards. I like waking up seeing your face beside me, I like your cooking okay basically I like everything you do, so Jung Haru would you be Mrs. Kim Haru now?

Maybe Haru had expected him to propose but not with of all of this, he expected something simple, something like a candle light dinner maybe nothing as special as this. Who would’ve thought the rapper who calls himself a monster would do something unexpected like this.

“Yes” Haru simply said it. Tears were forming Namjoon placed the ring in her ring finger and slowly he got up, hugging Haru. Haru couldn’t hold it anymore, she was crying, tears were falling down. Namjoon couldn’t ask for a better day quite honestly, he could have waited until their 5th anniversary but he guessed the earlier the better. “Wait I need to take a picture of this for Hoseok oppa, he’ll be pissed when he sees this.” Haru took out her phone and captured a selfie of them. Namjoon was kissing her right cheek and Haru was showing the ring that Namjoon gave her and sent it to his brother with a message telling him that she’s engaged now. She then hit the send button and patiently waits for his reply.

“Namjoon, nammie, nammie oppa” She laughed she used to called him that until at some point it got weirder so she stopped calling him that. “Whaaaat” He replies, truthfully he missed her calling him that. “I love you” Haru was blushing hard her face was really red, Namjoon laughed while pinching both of her cheeks, he then planted a kiss on , a light kiss actually and replied her; “I love you too” 


//CRINGES//