Miracle

Broken Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jiyong dragged himself to the kitchen in the morning, something odd caught his eye. Something glaringly bright was sticking out from the dullness of the kitchen: a collection of post-its were on the fridge. The boy narrowed his eyes, rubbing them slightly in shock as he rushed there, quickly tearing one of them down. Neatly, a few words had been scribbled onto the green piece of paper:

Breakfast for today: cereal, pancakes, fruits. Pancake mix is in the cupboard with the cereal, fruits are in the fridge, fresh as air. 

Jiyong just stared ahead blankly, sinking his teeth into his lower lip as he slowly opened the fridge. It seemed like a miracle had happened: it was full. Not only with fruits and milk, but other things as well. 

He shut it quickly, heart going haywire as his body trembled in pure fear. Someone, had entered their house. Someone, had been there -  and there was a chance that this someone hadn't left yet.

A small voice in the back of the frail boy's mind told him to just relax. They finally had food: not only rice and milk. He could still recall what had been piled up in the fridge so neatly: fruits, sausages, vegetables; things he had been dreaming about.

Suddenly, he finally realized what was going on. With a bitter smile, Jiyong dropped the note on the ground."It's just a dream, huh?" He whispered to himself."It is a good thing then..." he took a deep breath to calm down his scattered thoughts. He inspected the other post-its, noticing that they varied in color: some were a bright green while others yellow or pink. They all had a few lines written on them, most of them about what the fridge and cupboards contained. They even explained that the freezer had been filled as well.

"This is one crazy dream." Jiyong whispered, a little happy on the inside."Like our pretending has turned true... in a dream. I must be very hungry." With that, he pinched his cheek. Nothing happened, the little notes were still there. 

The boy felt it risky to eat anything that was there: if this wasn't a dream - and he honestly couldn't be sure if it was or not - then there was an obvious chance that they food they had been given was poisoned. Anything could be a threat and he knew it.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter