Target

Beatdown

“Listen, from now on, you’re my girl, got it?” the strange yet attractive troublemaker asserted, looming over Hyeonsung like a sinister shadow. Hyeonsung quivered like a leaf shaking in the wind, knowing this boy was anything but nice and nothing but catastrophe in the making, and to be his next target was the last thing you’d want on your plate. She opened but couldn’t speak with her tongue caught in , and her predator chuckled at this. He grabbed her chin and turned her face to the side, planting a sloppy kiss on her cheek before letting her go and walking off like nothing happened, his hands in his pockets.

The halls were quiet like a ghost town as people passed by, trying to make Hyeonsung disappear from the corner of their eyes like a blind spot, like roadkill. She walked to class in complete silence, hating that eyes didn’t talk but the looks of pity on their faces spoke more than they ever could with a four-hour speech.

And that was how they met, four months and two days ago.

“The name’s Jeon Jeongguk,” he said, slinging his arm over her shoulder.

“I’m-“ she tried to say, but her tongue was always too slow for him, like how his eyes were always too slow for her.

“You don’t have to introduce yourself. I know you. You’re Park Hyeonsung, the legendary club manager.” He laughed a little at her title, just enough to add insult to injury, and barely enough to make her break.

She suddenly stopped walking and took his arm off her shoulder. Jeongguk narrowed his eyes at her, half of him wanting to show her what happens to people who defy him, half of him wanting to see what she’s going to do next.

Hyeonsung looked him in the eyes, fire dancing in her own as she stared him down.

“What do you want from me, Jeongguk?”

Jeongguk grinned menacingly at her, a sneer placed firmly on his face.

“I want to play, babe.”

“You want to lose?” Hyeonsung challenged, pushing her limits as she invaded his personal bubble.

“Honey, I never lose.” Jeongguk backed off and winked, and while he knew this girl would be easy to crack, he felt a little bad. Her spirit was so strong.

Oh, what a shame.