Will you..?

Will you..?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

BGM : Chasing Cars

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So...it's finally
 our last day here in this classroom."

A middle-thirty-year-old woman in a formal purple teaching uniform sighs and looks around at the faces of her 12 grader students. All students smile back as she starts to cry.

"It's been...a long year. I won't say that it was easy, or difficult, but because everyone of you is in the class, this is one of the best years in my life, and I thank you guys for trusting me. I hope you have nice future waiting ahead and I will see you again, okay?"

The class shouts yes as the bell starts to ring. Everyone stands up from theirs seats, getting ready for the farewell ceremony after school ends. Yoseob is no different than the others, he gets up from his chair and looks out the window for his friend, Dujun, being confessed by a girl in the hallway already.

He sighs and packs up all his stuff, including all love cards he gathers from his locker this morning and the all-covered-in-marker uniform shirt. Yoseob takes a peek at Dujun again and walks out the front door of the classroom when Dujun's not looking.

Well...he has lots of confessions to go to too anyway.

----------------------

"I'm here."
"O...oppa!!"

Yoseob gives the girl in front of him a gentle smile and pats her softly.

"Yes, ma'am I am here under your call."
"Oppa...I...I"
"Don't panic, Taeyeon-ah. Take a deep breath. Yes, it's Yoseob oppa and I'm here to hear what you want to say."

The girl doesn't look up from her feet. Yoseob smiles when he sees tears dropping from her eyes.

"I've liked oppa for...so many years."
"..."
"I know you wouldn't know my name unless you see it on the card. But you're the main inspiration I kept studying and lost weight, I just want to be in your sight just once..."
"..."
"I love you...Yoseob oppa"

The girl finishes her words with a big sob. Yoseob doesn't reply. He just stands there with his hand patting Taeyeon's hair slowly and constantly, and pulls the girl in for a hug with a warming smile.

"Taeyeon-ah"
"Y...yes?"
"You know what the answer would be, right?"

She nods.

"But that doesn't mean that you're not good, understand?"
"..."
"Yes, I've seen you all these time. Why wouldn't I? You're the smartest girl in the class. You're the top athlete of our school team. You are talented with your musical skills. You ARE perfect, but you're just not right for me."
"..."
"You have many guys running after you. And you will know someday that I'm not that prince or anything."
"Yes...oppa"
"Okay...I need to go now, but I'll see you the ceremony right?"

Taeyeon nods again, this time with a smile on her face. Yoseob lets her go and waves her goodbye, while another person comes into his sight.

"Confessions, huh? You really are popular from the first day until your graduation day...geez"
"Like you didn't get any. I heard you secretly went to one this lunch time too. Huh, and don't even get mad at me leaving you in the hallway. You did it to me first."

Dujun smirks and walks faster to catch up to Yoseob. The smaller boy sighs and smiles at the end.

"I said no, if you're gonna ask."

Dujun speaks and everything turns silent again. Yoseob nods and turns to his friend.

"What about the lunchtime one?"
"Well...it's not actually a no...or a yes."
"Hmm?"
"I didn't accept her to be my girlfriend, but I asked her to be my prom date for tomorrow's night."

Yoseob lifts his eyebrows and nods slowly. He puts his earphones on and doesn't say anything further.

 

Yoseob has received so many confessions,
but never one from someone he loves.

 

---------------------------

 


"Are you ready?"
(Yeah I have to go pick Yerin up from her house too. What about you?)
"I'm ready...I'll just meet Nana at the entrance anyway."
(So you really e

Please log in to read the full chapter