part ii

New Moon [Ending the Cycle]

Wolf Icon by roesoftheshadowsBOUNDARY | Part Two

 

 

        1974

 

        I found her lying at the end of a mountain ledge, her body buried deep within the stones of the white cliff; half-dead, half-alive, waiting to be discovered by any passerby who had happened to take that particular route. I remember as it had been a day like many others: I had just run fresh out of meat stock for the month, forcing me back into the dark woods to resupply.

        I recalled as I had chosen my usual route in the region outermost to the forbidden forest, along side the border line of the white cliffs. There, I would scout the high grounds on the look out for intruders, attacking those daring to trespass into my territory before retreating to my hunting in solitude; this time was no different.

 

        Sprinting on my hind legs, I followed the rugged path leading to the high mountain cliffs; my nostirls picking up a scent of a wounded animal far in the distance. As I heaved closer, my sharp eyes spotted a trail of fading foot prints in the snow. Following the aroma of lingering blood, the scent grew stronger as I drew closer towards the edge of the cliff tops; the tracks had stopped, but the animal was nowhere in sight.
 
Curious, I sought out the young specimen; a faint trail of blood leading me towards its exact location further down the rocky ridge.
 
Below me?  
 
        My keen eye was of no use of all, proven useless against the constant icy winds nipping at my eyeballs. What little I could make out was a mass of dark brown furfur seemingly too long to have been an animal's, its limbs relatively too short to have belonged to a deer's or any creature for that matter. 
 
Just who was this oddly disfigured creature? 
 
It was then that I realized these tracks didn't belong to an animal, but a human
 
 
 
 
       The young girl had fallen miles from where I stood; her tiny feet leaving tracks behind her in the snow, her final print distorted with a sign of struggle, evident that she had fallen. Her clothes were torn from her body and hung carelessly on the branches of the brush below, her skin scratched and bruised mercilessly.
 
And almost immediately, I found myself rushing to her side.
 
 
I didn't know what came over me. I felt as though an outside force was acting upon my very being, drawing me closer to the human girl that had sparked my inner attraction.
 
I suddenly felt aroused with a sense of eagerness, my body acting up on its own; I couldn't seize my movements. And instead of backing away, I found myself inching closer until my muzzle was softly grazing her human face. 
 
 
Desparately I wanted to brush away the mass of hair that hid her features. A burning sensation grew in the pit of my stomach as it urged me to move closer.
 
 
So I did; enough that my scout was brushing against her hair-hidden face.
 
 
And with a single nudge of my muzzle, I had the girl rolled over onto her side, my gaze falling upon her youthful face; the sight leaving me completely breathless:a miraculous resemblance of a young girl I had loved centuries before laid right before my eyes.
 
 
I backed away in fright, fragments of my dark past flooding my memory of nothing but empty words and promises of sworn love and protection as my head throbbed from the pain I thought I had long forgotten had returned.
 
What was locked away and buried deep within the depths of my heart from long ago inflicted upon me like a flesh open wound. 
 
Was Mother Nature mocking me?
 

A/N: Hello dear readers, Thank you so much so loving and supporting this story. Regrettably to say, this story will be on a hiatus until I can find new material for the story. But until I am no longer a writer's block mode, please expect small updates to be added this chapter.

Thank you for your understanding and support

                                                                              -Hunnie_Bear