Their Story

60 Seconds

A/N : This is for people’s thoughts that Hanna read.

Hope you guys won’t get confused! ^^


Jung Hanna walked along the road with a happy smile on her face despite the fact that she just got fired by her boss earlier. It happened to her every time and she’s already got used to it. The reason never changed, it’s because she’s just a 16 year old teenage that doesn’t even know anything.

She didn’t have a particular destination in her head, she’s just heading to where ever her feet brought her to. Then, she realized that she’s at a park. It’s evening and kids were playing happily. She smiled as she sat on a bench and she watched a teenage and elder couple that walked together, hand in hand.

She enjoyed the view and a satisfied smile was carved on her face. Everyone’s thoughts are filled with happiness. Then, the smile slowly faded away from her face and she started to frown.

Why did you bring me here? It’s so embarrassing being seen by the others here. Should I just push this old man into that lake and make it look like an accident?

Hanna looked around and she saw a young woman walking beside an old man. She sighed, knowing that there’s nothing she can do and she just hoped that the woman wouldn’t do that for real. She plugged in her earphones to her iPod.

The moment that the beautiful melody of a ballad hummed in her ears, she closed her eyes. This is her real pleasure, free from other human’s unimportant thoughts and drowned in her own thoughts even though she knew that she had nowhere to go now.

She never really had a place called ‘home‘ for more than 5 months. She envied the teenagers that could go to school freely without having to think about earning money to feed them. However, she envied people that got to spend time with their parents more.

The moment she opened her eyes, it’s already getting dark. She glanced at her watch and it shocked her that it’s already 7 in the evening. She placed her iPod and earphones inside her sling bag, which is the only bag she had left now. She should be thinking about where to sleep for the night.

The moment that she wanted to leave, she heard a person’s thought that is definitely in pain. She looked around and she saw a man who’s kneeling on the ground with a frown on his face. Hanna approached him and knelt in front of the man.

“ Are you sick, ahjusshi? “ she asked and she had to read his thoughts as he can barely spoke a word.

I need my medicine but I don’t bring it now, can you bring me to the hospital?

Hanna nodded slightly as she helped the man to stand up and luckily, a cab stopped right in front of them.

***

Hanna sat on a chair next to Mr. Kim. They just get to know each other and she knew that Mr. Kim is actually suffering from hypertension. He’s lucky that Hanna is there to help him get to the hospital quickly. Mr. Kim is a very friendly person and Hanna is very fond of him.

Hanna told him that she is an orphan and he’s very sorry that a young girl like her had to live a tough life. He treated Hanna as if Hanna is his daughter and he often pats her head affectionately. He told her that he had a son and he stays with him and his two nephews.

Hanna didn’t really know when she could leave Mr. Kim but finally she decided to wait for his son to come. While they were talking, the door swung open and 3 boys showed up.

“ Appa! “ the first boy wearing a cute polka-dotted hoodie rushed towards Mr. Kim and the boy looked really worried that he started to nag at his father.

“ I got it, Suho. You really love to nag huh? “ Mr. Kim teased his son and the boy called Suho pouted.

“ I’m just worried about you, appa. What if something bad happen? “ he said as he hugged his father affectionately. The second boy with a cap slowly approached Mr. Kim, giving a judging look at Hanna. Hanna shrugged her shoulders and she walked towards the door.

Hanna frowned at the third boy with a grey sweater that is currently standing in front of the door, blocking it. He looked at Hanna as if he’s a police and Hanna is a criminal. Hanna read his thoughts when she saw that the boy have no intention to spit out a word.

Not so fast, even though you look cute and innocent but who knows what you had done to my uncle?

Hanna’s jaw practically dropped to the floor. She just can’t believe that the boy actually thought that she harmed his uncle.

Hello, mysterious-but-handsome boy? I’m the one that saved your uncle, okay?

“ Hanna! Where are you going? I told you that I will introduce you to my son and nephews right? Come here. “ Hanna faked a smile the moment she heard Mr. Kim calling for her. She walked towards Mr. Kim and she stopped the moment she heard Suho’s thoughts about how cute she is.

Well, it’s Jung Hanna you know? I’m also known as Jung freaking-cute Hanna.

But it’s not something to be worried about. The thing that is worrying her right now is, she can’t read the second boy’s thoughts. She tried until she frowned but she still can’t read him. She didn’t hear a word that Mr. Kim is talking about.

“ Well Suho, it’s my fault that this young lady have to go back this late. I want you to drive her home okay? “ Suho nodded and he looked at Hanna that is frowning.

“ Where do you live, Hanna? I need to know because I’ll drive you home tonight. “ he asked and Hanna flinched a bit.

“ Umm, actually I don’t have a home right now. “ she said and everyone looked at her with a sympathy look. Umm, did I mention everyone? Yeah, everyone except for the second boy. He actually rolled his eyes as if he’s reading a story with a very cliché ending.

“ No worries, Hanna. You can stay with us, right appa? Sehun ah, the guest room in front of you is cleaned up right? “ Suho asked to the third boy standing in front of the door earlier. He just nodded slightly. Mr. Kim also gave Hanna an approving look.

“ Hyung, isn’t that too quick to actually trust a stranger like her and invite her to live with us? “ the second boy said.

Excuse me? The stranger that you’re talking about is me and I’m here, standing in front of you like a mannequin. Don’t you see me here?

Hanna messed her own hair, trying to ignore his statement while Suho hit his head lightly and give him a warning look.

“ It’s not good talking about her like that, Kai. By the way, why not? After all, she’s the one who helped appa right? “ Suho said and Kai pouted the moment he saw Mr. Kim nodding.

“ Let’s go home, I have many homework to do. “ Sehun said as he walked towards Mr. Kim to help him stand up. Suho nodded, and he helped Sehun too. They all went out one by one, leaving Hanna and Kai behind. Kai approached the door but he paused when he realized that Hanna stood still like an ice cube frozen for 100 years. He looked at her and he rolled his eyes.

“ You’re not following us? We’re going back home now, come here quick. “ he said it with a flat tone and his hand signaling Hanna to come with him. Hanna walked towards him slowly, somehow she loved the way Kai said ‘home’ earlier.

***

Hanna was awake that morning and the moment she opened her eyes, the first ‘thing’ he saw is Sehun that is leaning on to the wall like a statue. He’s already wearing his school uniform and Hanna thought that he looked different in it.

“ You’re awake? Here’s your school uniform, Uncle Kim asked me to bring it to you. Get ready for school and eat breakfast, we’ll be waiting for you downstairs. “ he said it as he pointed at a girl’s uniform that is hung in front of the closet’s door. Hanna blinked a few times like a kid, as if she didn’t understand what’s going on. Sehun sighed looking at Hanna.

“ Don’t you remember our conversation last night? You’ll be going to school with us starting from today. Go shower and get ready quick. “ Hanna nodded like a child and she stands up but then she remembered that she have nothing when she came here. She’s also sleeping with the same shirt that she wore yesterday.

“ We bought everything last night while you’re asleep. If we left anything, feel free to ask from us okay? I’ll be heading out for breakfast first. Go and get ready. “ he explained and she’s completely surprised. She opened the closet and everything’s there, from jeans to tops, pajamas and even a dress.

She’s touched by the boy’s thoughts and that’s when she saw the make-up table that’s full of skin creams, lotions and even lipsticks. Her eyes rounded in surprise but then, she saw a sticky note on the mirror.

It’s all yours, we bought it last night.

Kai and Sehun chose the clothes, I’m only paying. Hope you like it!

They’re both excited while choosing it and it’s the first time I’ve seen Sehun so happy while he’s shopping with us.

SUHO ^^

Hanna is thrilled and she feels like crying a liter of tears, which are obviously tears of happiness. She’s now in some sort of heaven and she get to go to school now! She’s already excited for his first day of school, thinking that it will be the most fabulous day in her life. 10 minutes later, she went down the stairs with an excited smile on her face. The school uniform she’s wearing is really beautiful and it really lifted up her mood.

Mr. Kim looked up at her from the dining table and he smiled at her, showing two thumbs up. Hanna approached the table and the three boys looked at her. Suho looked like he’s completely mesmerized by Hanna. Sehun choked his hot tea while Kai, well he didn’t really show any reaction. Mr. Kim smiled looking at the boy’s expression and he signaled Hanna to sit next to him, opposite Kai.

The table is quiet as everyone is busy munching their breakfast. Suho told Hanna that he’ll be driving them for the day as he doesn’t have any class at the college. Hanna nodded slightly while Sehun and Kai don’t seem to be interested by that fact at all. Mr. Kim sent them to the door. He patted Hanna’s head affectionately and Hanna loved it so much.

They went for the car, Suho sitting at the driver seat. Sehun entered the back seat first and he saw Hanna’s dazed look so he signaled her to sit next to him. Kai gave a look at Sehun and he sit next to Hanna, slamming the door hard. Suho started to babble about how rude their behavior is, leaving Suho to sit in front alone as if he’s the driver. Neither Sehun nor Kai heard him but Suho keeps checking on Hanna’s expression so Hanna had to fake a smile for him.

The back seat of the car is actually very spacious but Kai and Sehun keep on leaning themselves towards Hanna and she feel like she’s crushed between them. At the same time, she had to fake a smile at Suho that’s excitedly babbling about his college life. She wanted to tell them how uncomfortable she is but she just can’t. After all, she’s one lucky girl that gets to go to a prestigious school without having to work herself hard. Isn’t that a given for her?

She looked at Kai and she’s confused about why she can’t read his thoughts. She tried again, but then Kai caught her eyeing him so he sent her a y wink. She blushed and she looked in front. Kai chuckled at her reaction and he placed his arms around her shoulders.

“ You’re really one cute stranger, you know? “ he said that and Hanna blushed again.

***

It’s been a month since Hanna stayed with the boys and Mr. Kim and it’s very enjoyable for her. She’s treated as a princess as Suho and Mr. Kim didn’t even let her lift a finger in the house. Hanna is really living in paradise and she just focused on her homeworks happily. However, Kai and Sehun are acting strangely.

Kai always walk around with Hanna, in the house or even in school. His class is next to Hanna’s and he always whined about how lucky Sehun is. He loved to talk with Hanna and every night, he will hear her babbling about her miserable life and he will fool around with her.

In the opposite, Sehun used to avoid her. Even though they sit next to each other in class, Sehun didn’t really talk with her unless there’s really a need to do so. Somehow, Hanna loved the way Kai treated her affectionately. He’s so kind and friendly despite the fact that he's quite judging with strangers.

Hanna never once had a boyfriend and she had never gone on dates but she’s not that dense in love. She knows it when she falls for someone and she think that she’s fallen for Kai. Hanna keeps on liking Kai and she felt that she can’t be wrong. Kai must have something for her but one day, Kai’s action had proven that Hanna is totally wrong.

A rumor spread around the school about Kai dating a cheerleader’s captain in his class called Eunji. Hanna don’t really trust it since it’s just rumor but then, Kai really brought Eunji home and introduced her to everyone. He even brought the girl to his room and they went dating for almost everyday. It’s so shocking that even Suho and Sehun have a hard time believing it.

Suho stated that it’s Kai’s first time bringing a girl into his room and he usually gets sick of a girl within a day. He treated girls like his toys but he acted differently with Eunji. Hanna will never forget Suho’s thoughts that she read at that time.

Maybe he really fell for her, well she’s pretty cute and all but I thought that he had a crush with Hanna. The way he treated Hanna, is just different. Maybe Hanna is another toy for him?

One night, Kai brought Eunji home for a dinner. At the dining table, Mr Kim and Suho sat at both ends of the table, Sehun sat opposite Eunji while Hanna sat opposite Kai next to Sehun. Hanna could only watch their intimacy and it hurts her that Kai treated Eunji the same way he treated her.

He laughed every time Eunji said something cute, he messed her bangs and he held her hands tightly. Sehun saw Hanna’s bitter smile and he held her hands tightly. Hanna rounded her eyes in surprise as Sehun rarely spoke with her but suddenly he’s acting like that. But then, she realized that Kai’s eyes also widened as he saw Hanna’s hand in Sehun’s.

“ I have a confession to be made here. “ Sehun suddenly broke the awkward silence between them. Everyone looked at him and he looked at Hanna. Hanna’s eyes widened when she read Sehun’s thoughts.

I’ll make you regret everything, Kai.

“ I’m dating Hanna. “ he said it short but it’s enough to make both Kai and Hanna choked their drinks. However, there’s an explosive reaction from Mr. Kim and Suho. Suho patted Sehun as if he just won an enormous prize at a competition.

“ I knew that something’s going on with you two. Sehun always looked at Hanna like a predator looking at it’s prey. Ain’t that very sweet of them, appa? “ Suho stated and Mr. Kim nodded happily. Sehun blushed at Suho’s words.

Kai looked at Hanna’s uncomfortable expression. She realized it, and she doesn’t know why she didn’t deny Sehun’s statement about them dating. She felt Sehun’s tightened grip on her hand. She looked at Sehun and she smiled widely at him. Sehun looked at that smile, suddenly losing control of himself and he kissed her back of the hand.

Suho and Mr. Kim shrieked like a high school girl while Kai looked away, giving more attention to Eunji. Hanna continued eating her food, feeling unsatisfied about the fact that she can’t read Kai’s mind.

***

It’s already past midnight and Sehun suddenly felt thirsty. He went out of his room, giving an affectionate look at Hanna’s room. He approached her door but then he heard someone’s footsteps.

“ Kai? What are you doing here? “ Sehun asked after he saw Kai. Obviously Kai didn’t expect Sehun would be there, in front of Hanna’s room. Kai ignored Sehun’s question, he sneakily hide the key to Hanna’s room in his pocket. However, Sehun saw it and he approached Kai.

“ You didn’t answer me yet, Kai. What are you doing here, at level 3 while your room is at level 2? “ Sehun asked and he realized that Kai couldn’t answer him immediately.

“ W-what about you? Why are you still awake at this hour? “ Kai asked Sehun with his own voice trembled a bit.

“ Well, back to you. Why are you still awake at this hour? “ Sehun said, completely flustered that his question is answered with question by Kai.

“ You’re really dating Hanna? For how long? “ Kai asked suddenly and Sehun just shrugged.

“ Back to you, are you really dating Eunji? Are you sure you’re not running away? “ he said and Kai widened his eyes.

“ What am I running away from? “ Kai asked with a frown and Sehun answered as he walked past him.

“ Your own feelings. “

***

The next days are very uncomfortable for Hanna. Since the day Sehun said that they’re dating, Kai often avoid her and he always showed public displays of affection with Eunji at school. However, Sehun started to open up a bit with her and they could talk normally now. It ripped her heart when she thinks that Kai and Eunji are in the same class.

Maybe now they’re sitting at the back of the class, sneakily holding each other’s hands. She felt horrible at that thought. The bell for recess rang and Sehun immediately grab Hanna’s wrist. Hanna faked a smile at him who looked so happy these days.

At the café, Hanna saw Kai and Eunji sitting at their usual spot. She quietly cursed when Sehun excitedly pulled her hands towards them. Kai’s smile faded away while Eunji looked like she would throw up on Hanna. Sehun smiled at both of them, which is actually not his usual self. He doesn’t really smile at others and even Kai is shocked.

He actually feed Hanna in front of Kai and Eunji, making Kai surrounded by some mysterious aura. Eunji wanted to feed Kai, trying to steal back Kai’s attention but Kai totally ignored her. He glared at Hanna’s awkward response towards Sehun like a hyena. Then, he suddenly wrapped his arms around Eunji’s shoulders.

“ Sehun, what do you think about a double date? “ Kai suddenly said it and Hanna choked a bit. Sehun gave her a tissue and he nodded at Kai.

“ Of course, why not? This Sunday, amusement park. Deal? “ Sehun said which really made Hanna’s eyes wanted to jump out of it’s socket.

Does anyone really bother to ask my opinion first?

“ Deal! “ Kai said together with Eunji which made Hanna wanted to kick Sehun. She looked at Sehun and he grabbed her hand.

***

Hanna walked along the school corridor that evening. Sehun is not well so he’s absent from school that day or else, she will be following Hanna like a puppy. She’s hearing to her iPod and she’s always like that whenever she’s alone. Hearing other people’s thoughts really made her sick sometimes.

As she’s walking, she saw Eunji walking towards her. She ignored her despite the fact that she wanted to scratch her face like a cat. However, Eunji purposely bumped her shoulders with Hanna, making her lose balance and dropped her iPod on the floor. Her eyes widened in surprise seeing her iPod screen cracked.

“ Don’t you have eyes? Don’t you see me walking here? “ Eunji suddenly snapped and it made Hanna more angry with her.

“ I have eyes but you’re the one that’s blind, . “ Hanna bites her with her harsh words.

“ You called me ? “ Eunji asked and her voice went one pitch higher.

“ Oh, I’m sorry I offended you when I call you a , I thought you already knew it. “ Hanna said it and a sense of sarcasm flowing in her every word, making Eunji clench her fists.

“ Let me tell you this. I’m here to warn you. This Sunday, please take a good care of your boyfriend okay? If I ever saw you try to flirt with my boyfriend then you’ll really know what hell means. “ she said it sternly but Hanna chuckled.

“ Look, you’re missing something here. You don’t love your boyfriend, you just didn’t want to be alone or maybe he’s good for your ego or maybe he made people idolize you but you don’t love him because you can’t even trust him with his actions. How is that called love? “ Hanna said daringly.

“ Don’t you try to tell me what love is. My boyfriend, my style. I’ll do whatever I want with him and nothing can stop me, not even you. “ Eunji said as she leaned towards Hanna a little and that’s when Hanna read her thoughts.

Stupid girl, I need Kai to gain my popularity back. Since my position in the cheerleader group is replaced by a new girl, my popularity is going down and I want it back. Just go to hell with your weird boyfriend because whenever you’re around, Kai never even looked at me.

***

“ Oh, you’re back Hanna? You’re late, anything happened at school? “ Mr. Kim asked Hanna when he entered the house that evening. Hanna gave him a fake smile and she just shook her head. Mr. Kim shrugged his shoulders as Hanna walked past him towards the kitchen. Kai who’s leaning against the wall looked at her as she walked towards the refrigerator without even noticing him there. She poured a glass of orange juice for herself and she drank it in one shot.

“ That , Eunji is really getting on my nerve now. “ she cursed after she finished her juice.

“ Just why are you calling my girl a ? “ Kai asked her and she’s genuinely surprised as she didn’t even realize him there.

“ Since when are you there? “ she asked but Kai ignored her question. He approached her and she took a step back every time until she bumped herself to the wall.

“ I believed that you need to answer me first, why did you call my girl a ? “ he asked and his tone sounded firmer this time.

“ You’re stupid, Kai. “ Hanna said it suddenly.

“ What is your reason for saying that? “ he asked and Hanna looked at him.

“ Eunji tricked you, she didn’t love you, Kai. You’re stupid for not being able to look at her obvious lies. Why can’t you see through her and hurt yourself, you stupid? “ Hanna said and Kai raised his eyebrow.

“ Based on what are you saying that? “ he asked and Hanna flinched a bit.

“ Look, this might be unbelievable for you but I can read people’s thoughts. Today at the school, I met Eunji and I read her thoughts and she said that she’s using you. “

“ You really can read people’s thoughts? “ he suddenly asked and Hanna looked at him seriously.

“ That’s not the point here, Kai. Eunji- “

“ No, that’s the most important point now, how can I know that you’re not slandering my girl? “ he asked as he folded his arms against his chest. Hanna is completely lost for words.

“ Read my thoughts now then I’ll believe you. “ he said firmly.

“ I can’t. I don’t know why but I can’t read your thoughts and only you. I can read everyone else’s but- “

“ Do you think I’m a kid that you’re trying to fool now? “ he suddenly cut in before Hanna could finish her line. Hanna sighed.

“ You’re being a fool now, Kai. I don’t know how I can explain it to you but- “

“ Then what does that makes you? You lied to yourself and acted as if Sehun is really your boyfriend. Who’s the real fool now, me or you? “ he asked as he leaned in and Hanna is scared by his serious looks.

“ You guys are both the fool. “ Both Kai and Hanna looked at Suho that is standing at the entrance of the kitchen. Suho rolled his eyes before he went out of the kitchen while mumbling something.

***

It’s Sunday and Hanna really wanted to run away. It’s going to be really uncomfortable and it means faking a smile every time. One thing that really puzzled Hanna is about Sehun’s weird behavior. Whenever they’re together, he never spoke a word about them dating but whenever they met Kai and Eunji, he will suddenly change his role as a loving boyfriend. Hanna just can’t get him but she’s too shy to ask about it.

She sighed as she looked at the clothes in her closet. She doesn’t really know what to wear as she never went for a date. Finally, she decided to wear a pair of jeans with white t-shirt as they’re going to the amusement park today. She looked at the creams and lotions on the make-up table. She decided to not apply anything on her face as it will be very uncomfortable later.

“ Jung Hanna, the only way that you can make through this is by thinking that you’re going to play and not a date. You can do it, Hanna! “ she said to her reflection on the mirror. She tied her hair into a pony tail and she headed towards the door.

The moment she swung the door open, she saw Sehun leaning against his door. He dressed simply with a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He’s obviously surprised when he saw Hanna wearing the same clothes. He looked at her from her hair, her t-shirt, her jeans and her sneakers.

“ Why, Sehun? Do you want me to change? I’m sorry, I don’t know what to wear so I just- “

“ No, don’t change. You looked different, that’s all. You used to have this feminine image and it’s good to see you like this. Just wait here for a while, I think you need something. “ he said as he went back into his room but after that, he came out with a grey sweater in his hand. He approached Hanna and he carefully tied his sweater around her waist.Hanna smiled at him and Sehun took her hands naturally as they walked down the stairs. 

“ Kai had gone to fetch Eunji at her house. We’ll just take a car here and Suho hyung will drive us. “ Sehun explained and Hanna just smiled at him.

***

It’s really burdensome for Hanna, trying to walk naturally around Kai and Sehun like nothing happened. She realized that Kai’s eyes landed on Sehun’s sweater that’s tied around her waist but she ignored him. Kai also asked if they planned to wear matching clothes. Hanna didn’t want to deny it and Sehun excitedly said ‘yes’ Hanna looked at Eunji that’s holding Kai’s hand tightly. She gave Eunji a judging look.

Just look at her outfit, it looks like she’s going for a school play instead of an amusement park.

However, her heart sank to the ground when she heard Kai complimented that Eunji’s outfit is cute and it looked good on her. Kai even glanced at Hanna and smirked at her. Hanna pouted before Sehun took her hands, holding it tightly.

They went to a coffee shop after playing a few rides because Eunji said that her feet hurt. Hanna just can’t understand why she wore high heels at an amusement park. Sehun sat next to Hanna and Kai sat next to Eunji opposite Hanna. Hanna ate an ice cream and Sehun kept staring at her. Eunji ate waffles and she wanted to feed Kai but Kai ignored her. His eyes are busy looking at Hanna who’s eating messily like a kid.

Hanna didn’t even realize them eyeing her as she’s busy devouring her ice cream and Eunji rolled her eyes. Kai didn’t realize that he’s watching Hanna with a smile on his face. Sehun looked at Kai and he narrowed his eyes. Hanna finally finished her ice cream and the moment she looked up, she saw Kai’s eyes on her lips first.

Kai used his thumbs as he leaned in to wipe away the ice cream that’s smeared on her upper lips. Eunji’s eyes widened in surprise while Sehun that’s already holding a tissue in his hands froze at his seat. Hanna blushed and she looked for tissue. Sehun saw her and he cupped her cheeks with his one hand while one hand wiped her lips.

Kai’s smile faded away. He looked at Eunji and smiled at her as he pointed at the waffles. Eunji excitedly feed him and Hanna looked away from them.

***

That night, Kai sneakily walked towards Hanna’s room. No one really knows that he used to enter Hanna’s room at night to watch her sleeping. It’s getting harder for him these days as Sehun always leave his door open after the day that Sehun caught him. Hanna really sleep well, she’s like a log. Even when Kai touched her face, she will not wake up.

He walked slowly towards Hanna’s room and he’s relieved when he saw Sehun’s door closed. But what he didn’t see in the dark is Sehun that’s leaning against the wall next to Hanna’s door as he’s too focused on Sehun’s room.

“ You’re really caught this time and there’s no more excuses. It’s obvious that you’re trying to enter Hanna’s room. “ Sehun said it in a flat tone and Kai is really surprised. Sehun approached him with his hands folded against his chest.

“ Look, I’m not doing anything bad to her. Sehun ah, you know I’m not that type to actually- “

“ I know well that you won’t harm her, Kai because you love her. “ Sehun cut in suddenly and Kai’s eyes widened in surprise at Sehun’s statement.

“ W-what? “ Kai stuttered a bit.

“ You dated Eunji just because you wanted to run away from your feelings towards Hanna. You introduced her to us, you showed her your room and you went to countless dates with her only to distract yourself from Hanna right? “ Sehun stated it and Kai is genuinely surprised.

“ H-how did you- “

“ I realize that you used to be so close with Hanna but you suddenly take a distance from her. It can’t be any other reason when you suddenly dated Eunji, it’s just that you wanted to run away from Hanna. What I don’t understand is why would you do that? “ Sehun asked and Kai sighed.

“ I’m afraid that I'll hurt her. If I hurt her, I may never forgive myself. She's very special. It took me only 60 seconds to completely fall for her but it will took me forever to erase her. She’s not like any other girls that I played with, Sehun. She lived a very tough life and I wanted to protect her. “ Kai said it slowly and Sehun placed his hand on Kai’s shoulders.

“ You said it for yourself, it’s only ‘if’ and you won’t know it until you try. I've seen how you treated her, and you really treated her differently. You said you wanted to protect her, then protect her with your love. “ Sehun said as he patted Kai.

“ Why are you telling me all these things, Sehun? You loved her too, right? That’s why you told us that you’re dating her. “

“ I won’t deny that I love her because I really do. But you’re wrong, I don’t tell you guys that I’m dating her because I want her, it’s because I wanted you to realize that you won’t be able to see her happy with other guys except for you and let alone be you. You’re just so dense, Kai so I wanted to help you. “

“ Will you be fine, Sehun? “ Kai asked worriedly but Sehun just smiled at him.

“ I’m okay as long as I can see her smile. Just, don’t make her cry okay? Her tears are the last thing that I wanted to see in the world. “

***

Kai is nervous the moment he looked at the big white teddy bear that he bought this evening. He bite his lower lips while he’s holding a necklace with the letter ‘K’ as it’s locket. His other hand holds the locket ‘H’ that’s dangling from the necklace that he’s wearing. He didn’t know what to say and all he could think is Hanna’s rejection. Finally, he decided to just put it aside for a while.

“ The moment is important. You need to look for the right moment, for it to be really special. That’s right, Kai. We must not rush things. Have a bit confidence in yourself, okay? “ he said as he looked at his reflection on the mirror.

***

The next day during recess, he saw Hanna walking towards the school’s rooftop while holding a book. Kai followed her, not realizing Sehun’s eyes that are looking at him.

“ That’s right, I know that he’ll do that. Fighting, Hanna! Just do everything that I told you. “ he said even though it really hurts him to actually hear Hanna said that she loves Kai with her own mouth.

At the rooftop, Kai eyed Hanna that’s reading the book in her hands. She sat on a few sheets of newspaper while she leaned against the wall. She looked very cute and Kai really had to control himself from pinching her cheeks. 5 minutes later, he saw Hanna fell asleep with her head tilted to the left and the book is left open on her lap.

Kai smiled as he walked towards her. He knew that Hanna when Hanna sleeps, she won’t hear anything. He knelt in front of her and he removed some hair that’s covering her face.

“ I like you, no I mean I love you. Maybe. Probably. “ he said that as his hands gently touched Hanna’s cheeks. Hanna smiled suddenly and Kai flinched. She held Kai’s hand that’s holding her cheeks and she opened her eyes while smiling widely at Kai.

“ Y-you’re not asleep? You heard- “

“ I heard everything and you can’t take it back because I’m not letting you. “ she said it charmingly as she leaned towards him and kissed Kai’s lips. Kai kissed her back while he smiled widely. They broke the kiss after a while and Kai hugged Hanna.

“ That’s my first kiss, you know? “ he said it and Hanna is genuinely surprised.

“ That’s my first kiss too! “ she exclaimed.

“ I won’t let the girl that stole it get away from me. “ he said it and Hanna smiled.

“ I won’t either. “ she said and Kai tightened his embrace.


It's very hard for me to finish this. It's my first time writing oneshot and it's really hard.

Forgive me for the grammar mistakes ^^

Thank you for reading and do leave a comment for me :)