Chapter 1 - 熟悉

Currently Out of Town

First chapter. Enjoy reading!

 

熟悉 -  Getting Used to Something

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘FAMOUS SINGER JESSICA JUNG TAKES A TWO-MONTH HIATUS FROM SM.ENT’

 

‘NEITZENS AND FANS ARE STILL PONDERING ON WHERE SHE WOULD BE GOING’

 

‘IS THIS THE CAUSE FOR HER MISDEEDS SINCE 2011?’

 

 

It was all over the news, it bothered Jessica a little. Till today, she still wonders how a little piece of news could spread island-wide in one day.

She sighs, mentally planning a slow torturous death for the CEO when she gets back. The worse thing about it was; she only brought a small luggage with clothes and essentials. No hand-phones or gadgets for the next two months. Woo-hoo…

You’ll only need those. Nothing else. That’s what Lee Soo Man said before he ordered the security to bring her to the airport.

“Seriously, bringing me to the country-side isn’t going to change me…” Jessica mumbled under her breath and traced her finger on the window, drawing a sad face.

 

 

[Meanwhile]

 

 

“Why are we heading to the field?” asked the lanky girl as she munched on some biscuits. Her long brown hair was uncombed and curly, but tied into a pony-tail to look neater. Her clothes were slightly worn out and caked with mud because of the labour work she had to face everyday.

“Because I have to fetch my uncle’s client,” replied her friend, who was about a head shorter than her. She had more decent clothes, mainly because she bothered more to change.

“Oh, who is it?” she seemed excited.

 

“Jessica Jung.”

 

“Oh my god!” the taller gasped, her eyes twinkling. “Are you serious? THE Jessica Jung?!”

 

“Yeah…you know her?”

 

 

“Nope.” She smiled innocently, earning a flick on the forehead from her friend. “Ouch! SoonKyu! That hurts!” she pouted her lips and rubbed her sore area.

 

“Oh, it up Youngie,” SoonKyu rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. “As if carrying bags of rice everyday is as painful as a small flick.”

 

“I’m very fragile, okay?” Sooyoung, also known as Youngie, rubbed her skinny arms. She looked as if she hadn’t eaten for days.

 

 

“Yeah yeah- Hey! There’s she is!” SoonKyu pointed up to the sky, where a small plane was visible to their eyes.

 

“Ooh~ I wonder how Jessica looks like!” Sooyoung smiled widely as they backed away, making space for the plane to descend.

 

“She’s an idol, if I’m not wrong.” SoonKyu said, “She must be really pretty.”

 

 

They had their hands above their heads, holding their hair into place as the private plane landed smoothly. When everything stopped, the duo looked at each other with anticipation gleaming in their eyes.

For they had spent many years together surrounded by old people, they were excited to have a young adult around for once.

 

The door opened and Jessica stepped down the steps with elegance, half her face covered with a branded sunglasses. Sooyoung’s jaw fell open at the girl’s beauty, her heart fluttering for no reason.

SoonKyu ignored the shocked girl and ran towards the idol, screaming “Soooooooyyeeeeeeeeoooooonieeeee!”

But before she could tackle the idol into a big hug, the latter held her hand to her face and shook her head.

“Don’t touch me SoonKyu. I don’t even wanna be here.” She groaned. “Just bring me to my room.”

 

SoonKyu wasn’t affected by her words. In fact, she smirked mischievously. “I think you’re mistaken, Ms Jessica Jung Sooyeon. There’s no such thing as rooms here.”

 

Jessica clicked her tongue, getting impatient. “Just…get me out of here. I hate nature.” She said in a disgusted tone and walked ahead, passing Sooyoung.

 

 

SoonKyu shared a stare with Sooyoung, who seemed stunned with Jessica’s rude behaviour.

 

“Ms Jung!!” The pilot scrambled out of the plane in a hurry, with a small luggage in his hands. “She forgot this…aish…”

 

“Don’t worry about it,” the girl shrugged her shoulders. “Youngie will carry it.”

 

 

“Me?!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “Why?”

 

“Oh it up Youngie,” SoonKyu giggled with a tint of evilness, “As if it’s any different from the rice bags carry every day.”

 

 

“Ugh…you owe me apple juice later,” the girl with a pony-tail deadpanned. She lifted the heavy luggage in ease and carried it over her shoulders.

 

“Fine fine. Let’s catch up. Jessica’s going the wrong way.”