Day by Day

Day by Day

BAP_1004_Angel_Himchan_2.jpg

Picture not mine. Credits to owner.


"Himchan? What are you doing here?" 

She looked down from her second story work when Himchan waved, "It's your break time, right?" 

She nodded slowly, "Yeah, but aren't you supposed to be in Japan? You said you had to go to a business trip, no?" 

He shrugged, "Maybe if you come down, I'll tell you."

With a confused face, she walked down the stairs to meet her boyfriend. 

"So, what happened?" She asked, walking gently towards him.

Himchan opened his arms, "Well, I first need a hello hug, right? It won't be that fun if I just cut through the chase." 

She walked up to him, giving him a tight hug. She felt his arms snake his way towards her waist giving her a peck on the cheek, "I'm leaving in a few hours. Just wanted to see you before I left."

She released herself, giving him a nudge, "Wanting to see me that bad, huh?" 

"Well, of course. My pretty girlfriend should be seen by me before I leave, right?" 

She gave him a simle, "Sure." 

Himchan lend out a hand, "Let's go, I only have an hour."

"Where are we going?" 

"Last date of the day." He whinned, "Hurry, my hand hurts. Do you want to grab it or should I grab yours?" 

Confusion struck her when she felt Himchan sigh. He grabbebd her hand and pulled her close to him. Looking up at him, he gave her a huge smile, "Let's go."

`

She blushed when her hands were interlocked with her boyfriends.

Looking up at him, he wore a blue button up shirt with long black pants. His hair was pulled up showing his bright clean face. 

She wondered how she was lucky enough to get a boyfriend like him. 

"I like you staring at me, keep doing it."

She blushed, looking back down. She never really had someone fall for her before. She was always the one that got rejected. 

Everything Himchan did was awkward for her. Hugging, kissing, holding hands, everything was too awkward that sometimes she wondered if Himchan hated that. 

"Hungry? Do you want some bread?" 

She lost her train of thought when she looked at him. He pointed at the bread store in front of them, "I'll get you your favorite chocolate cream." 

"It's okay." She whispered, "I don't need it."

He gave her a smirk, "Just wait here."

Before she could protest, he walked inside the bakery when she sighed. Himchan always gave her stuff and she never did anything in return. Thinking about it made her face turn red. She was embarrassed. 

"Here." 

She looked at the bread in front of her. It wasn't the chocolate cream he asked earlier.

"It's not the chocolate cream?" She questioned, looking up at him.

Himchan pinched her cheeks, "But your all time favorite is the egg tarts, no?"

She blinked, "How did you know?"

"I'm your boyfriend, of course it's something I have to know. Don't buy only the cheap ones. If you want the egg tart, I'll get it for you. Don't worry about the price." 

"It's expensive." She breathed out, "This small one is two dollars." She gasped when she saw many more in the bag Himchan had in his hands, "You bought that much?"

"For you." He smiled, handing it over to her, "Where shall we go next?"

"Himchan." She stopped him, "I can't take this. Return it, this is too expensive."

He laughed, "You never return food." He shrugged, "I don't even like egg tarts."

"Then what am I supposed to do with all this?" She asked.

He shrugged again putting his hands in his pockets, "Oh, I don't know." He smiled, "Maybe you should eat it all. Tomorrow too. I know you like it. I won't be here for a few days so save up these egg tarts. I'll buy you more when I come back."

Taking her hand swiftly, he interlocks again as he pulls her towards the street. 

Smiling gently she tucks her hair behind her ear when he releases her hand from his. 

Looking towards him, Himchan walks towards the traschan, picking up the empty bottles and napkins on the floor. Putting it in the trashcan, he dusts off his hands.

"If people complain about the weather, they should start taking care of the economy." 

He walked back to her when he looked at her with sad eyes, "Sorry, my hands are dirty, I don't want to hold your hand." 

Looking at Himchan feel embarrassed, she grabbed his hands and smiled, "I don't care, you're my boyfriend." 

Himchan let out a laugh and a small blush, "If you say so." 

`

Eating the egg tart, she kept wondering how she ended up with a great boyfriend. 

He was perfect in so many ways. 

"Get your mind out of the gutter and change spots with me." 

As Himchan pulled her towards him, he walked on the sidewalk closest to the street, "Dangerous for you to walk near the street when you're not paying attention."

With this small action, another blush crept on her face.

He cared so much, yet she couldn't do anything.

"You're going on the trip with Junhong, right?"

Himchan nodded, "Yup. I'm helping him go around Japan. He doesn't really know much Japanese so  I'm going to be his translator."

She stopped walking, "What? So you're going because of him? It's not because of you?" 

He nodded, "Yeah." 

She looked at him, "Why do you have to go? It'll be tiring for you. You could've said no."

Himchan chuckled, "Says the one who can't say no either." He shrugged, holding her hand tightly, "Maybe because Junhong needed me and I can help. It's nice to help others, you know. Helping with no strings attached." 

She bit her lips, "I know it's nice of you, bumt if makes you tired--"

"Who says it makes me tired?" He laughed, "As long as I'm a help to someone, I'm down to do whatever. If they need me, they need me, I can't just walk away from them."

She nodded, "True."

Himchan smiled at her, "Besides, you are like that too. Who are you to give me a lecture?" He patted her head, "Thanks for caring about me." 

She again glanced at him. She tightened her grip on his hands. 

Again, how did she end up with a guy like him? So perfect and nice? 

"I'll bring you back to work, I have to go soon."

Himchan pulled her when she put her head down.

He was too good for her.

`

"Okay, I'll see you in a few days. I'll call you but if I don't respond, I'm sorry." He said softly.

As he released her, he looked at her, "You seem awfully quiet on the way back. Everything okay?"

She nodded, "Yeah."

He crossed his arms, "Tell me, what is bothering you?" 

"Nothing."

"Don't nothing me, I know what's going on. Tell me, what is bothering you? I'm not leaving unless you tell me. I might miss my flight but I don't even care." He tapped his foot, "So?" 

She looked down, "It's a little embarrasssing."

"Nothing is embarrassing." He lifted her chin up, "Come on, tell me."

She sighed, "I feel like I'm not good enough for you." She dropped her head lower as Himchan took away his hand.

"You're so perfect. You know my favorite bread, you care about the earth, you care about others, you watch over me and you make me feel special. Me? I don't even know anything about you. I don't even know a relationship so I'm so stiff all the time. You're just so perfect and I'm just here wondering how I'm not good enough."

Himchan narrowed his eyes, "It's that what you're worried about?"

"Yeah."

"Well stop saying you're not good enough because you are. You should be saying how I'm not worthy enough for you."

She looked up, "How so? You're so much more better."

He sighed, "Who do you think I learn these things from? I don't pick up trash, I don't care about other people, I don't pay attention to what people like. But because of you I'm starting to change and I like that. I'm trying to be perfect for you."

"Why?" She asked, "I never been in a relationship so it's awkward for me. If anything, I should match up with you."

"You were never in a relationship because you're the type of girl everyone respects. It's harder to like you because you're harder to approach. You're too perfect. I'm actually amazed you liked me back." He smiled, "You're the pefect one."

She was quiet. Was what he was saying all true? 

"But you're full of surprises. Day by day you make me like you more because you're so perfect." 

Himchan walked closer to her, faces inches away, "Well, I already fell for you and for me, it's been day by day." 

He gently pecked her on the lips, "All I want for you is to just stay where you are. You are perfect exactly where you're stsanding and I'll be the one going to you. Don't move because I'm coming." 

She gave him a small smile, "Kim Himchan."

"Yeah, I'm a romanticist, I know." He pecked her once more, "But it's because you like romantic men. I'm trying as hard as I can."

She laughed when he gently flicked her nose, "Just stay where you are princess because day by day, I'll be matching up to you."