Final

Begin Again
Please log in to read the full chapter

UNBETA'D 
(I apologize for any grammatical errors or typos) 
*Dara, Luhan, and Bom here are of the same age, just to let you know*

 

--
"Regrets and Wishes"
--

 

“Wah, Dara-ssi, you’re so pretty.” The stylist gushed as she put the finishing touches to Dara’s make-up. “You must have fanboys falling for your feet left and right.”

Dara chuckled. “I don’t know about that.” She smiled. “Anyway, do you know who the guests are? I only know a few of them.”

The stylist answered her while applying lipstick to Dara's lips. “I’m not sure of the others, but there are some rookies present.” She nudged Dara and winked. “Aside from you of course.”

“Dara-ssi, filming is about to start.” A staff poked his head in the small dressing room for Dara. There were other female celebrities with her inside as well who were having thier makeup done but most of them had already finished and had left the room.

“Neh!” She answered sweetly. Thanking the stylist, Dara stepped down from the chair and walked out of the room. She followed the crowd of people to the right, walking in the right side so as to avoid collision with her seniors and staffs, and found the studio where Strong Heart would be recording.

She entered the studio and greeted everyone in sight. She saw the MCs Kang Ho Dong and Lee Seung Gi rehearsing their lines (A/N: Let’s pretend that they never left the show) and Dara internally squealed. Lee Seunggi!

Calm down Dara-ah. He’s just a normal person like you.

Nodding to herself, she greeted the MCs. “Annyeonghaseyo, 2NE1’s Dara-imnida.” She bowed. The two MCs bowed in response and chatted with her for a bit. “So what will your story be, Dara-ssi?” Lee Seunggi asked.

Dara smiled. “That’s my secret to tell, and for you guys to find out later on.” She cheekily replied. Kang Hodong and Lee Seunggi laughed and smiled at her, then went back to rehearsing their lines. Dara bade them a “see you later” and went to the seat with the “2NE1” name on it. There were already a number of artists present, some were rookies like herself, and some were her seniors. She bowed to them and greeted them well, eliciting a smile from them.

A few more minutes passed by and the studio was slowly filling up. There were about five more vacant chairs, one next to Dara and the other four scattered over the stage. She didn’t even notice the name of the group next to her seat that was guesting in Strong Heart so when a familiar face walked in to the set, Dara’s face drained of color and her body turned stiff. What shocked her, however, was EXO’s Luhan blatant ignorance of her as he walked to his seat –which was right next to hers. Before she could regain her composure and ponder over why Luhan’s usual angelic face turned hard, the curtain dropped, separating the guests from the audiences and the MCs.

“This is Tuesday’s Strong Heart…” She didn’t even pay attention to Kang Hodong’s voice as he said the intro, her mind racing a mile a minute. How did I not know that Luhan would be a guest too?

Without her being ready for it, the curtain disappeared and she was face to face with the lights, camera, crew, and audience. Seeing them, she plastered a smile to her face, not wanting anyone to catch on to her distress. Keep calm, Dara. No need to dwell on the fact that your ex is sitting right next to you.

How did it not cross her mind that one of the EXO members would guest also? Their debuts were so close to each other so she shouldn’t have been surprised.

“Wah, look at all the story titles.” Lee Seunggi said. “They all look promising, don't they, Kang Hodong-ssi?" 

"I'm more curious about someone's title." Hodong replied. "Let’s start with Jung Il Woo-ssi.”

The first half of Strong Heart finished with everyone sharing their funny stories from their titles. Break time was called and the artists stood up and stretched.

 

***

 

The second half for Strong Heart continued and this was where the real stories and topics were discussed. The artists already changed the titles on their boards to what they wanted to reveal on the show. Since the theme for the episode was “Regrets or Wishes”, everyone had to follow through with the theme, recalling their past on any Regrets they had or Wishes they want be granted. Dara's original plan was to talk about the time when Chaerin and her went out to go buy some stuff during their trainee days (an embarassing story that she was hoping would ensue laughter on the set) but suddenly, her mind changed and she quickly changed her title from, "I didn't do it" to "Begin Again".

The director resumed filming and the stories told so far were hilarious to the point where Kang Hodong was seen literally rolling on the floor laughing.  Finally, the two MCs looked at the other titles and were slightly surprised to find that both Luhan and Dara had similar titles.

"I'm curious about Dara-ssi and Luhan-ssi's stories." Lee Seunggi suddenly announced. "Begin Again/Starting over Again?" Kang Hodong leaned with excitement. "Can you tell us about it?"

"Why doesn't Dara-ssi go first?" She heard Luhan say. "Since she's the sunbae between us." 

Dara nervously laughed. "But I'm only a sunbae by a month, Luhan-ssi."

"But you are also a woman, Dara-ssi." Luhan said. "And I'm a firm believer of 'Ladies First.'"

Even though Luhan was smiling brightly, Dara could tell that the smile was strained. His eyes weren't smiling and his cheeks weren't the ones that made it look like it hurt. Of course, spending four years of my life with him, I was bound to be attuned to him. She sighed silently.

"Very well, then." She chirped. "The title actually corresponds to something that happened to me in the past." She started and everyone listened. "I must warn everyone though because my story won't be as funny as everyone else."

Lee Sunggi waved it off. "It's alright, Dara-ssi. Right?" He directed the last part to the audience and they replied with a loud, "NEH!"

Dara smiled and fiddled with her thumbs. "It actually concerns my love life."

Those were the only magic words that an idol has to say for every ear withing the vicinity to listen to her. And as expected, all ears, eyes, and even some cameras were on her. 

Dara lifted her head, and gave a small smile as she was back into the past. "A few years ago, I met this guy. I was already a trainee in YG that time and the 2NE1 girls and I went out to eat after training. I remember Bom was whining about corn..." 

 

"Dara-ah.." Bom (22) whined to her friend. "Please just pass me the corn? Please? Ssabu-nim doesn't have to know if no one will tell him." She pouted. The four girls were eating in a small eatery in front of the YG trainee center after a long and tedious practice session. They only met five months ago and yet their bond was like that of the bond in The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. 

"I don't think that's a good idea, unnie." Chaerin (15) answered. "Besides, Minji here can't lie to Ssabu-nim. You know that." The three girls turned to stare at their youngest member, Minji (12), who blinked at them innocently. Even though the between the eldest and youngest was so big, it didn't really matter to the four of them. Since Minji had a mature way of thinking and Bom with her childish antics, it would seem that they're not that far in age when in fact they're ten years apart. 

"But-but-It's corn!" Bom wailed and Chaerin facepalmed while Dara and Minji giggled next to them. The girls ordered their food and waited as the ahjumma started cooking their food. 

Bom and Chaerin were bickering back and forth again about her food intake when someone accidentally knocked into their table, causing the glasses with beverages to topple over and spill on the table. Luckily, Chaerin, Bom, and Minji had quick reflexes. Dara, however...

"Omo!" She gasped and stood up right away as the cold liquid seeped into her pants. But she was more worried about the boy who fell on the floor, clutching his elbow. "Are you okay?" 

The boy opened his eyes to see a girl looking down at him and his eyes opened wide. Dara had to bite back a gasp when the boy opened his eyess fully and their eyes met. She swore that the air somehow grew thicker and the world stopped spinning. Time seemed to halt too and she felt that it was only the two of them who were present. 

 

"It was kind of like love at first sight for me since he was really handsome and my heart kind of gave that feeling." She said with a sad smile. "I can't explain it properly but yes, I felt attracted to him." 

 

"Hi." The boys said with a goofy smile on his face. "I'm Luhan." He sat up so suddenly that Dara had to step back from shock. He turned around and found himself face to face with her. And then his eyes noticed the state of her clothes.

"Holy crap, I am so so so sorry for that." He seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in and he scrambled to get some tissues and patted the wet parts of her clothes. "I'm really sorry for that." He stuttered out. "I wasn't watching where I was going and-- and-- I'm just really sorry."

But to his surprise, Dara just giggled at him. Cute, she thought. "It's fine. It's just water anyway." She was getting redfaced from the skinship. The boy awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he stared at her bashfully. Dara smiled at him. 

Bom suddenly cleared and stood up. "Ehem, were you guys planning on melting each other with your eyes?" The two blushed. "Did you forget that there were three other girls here?" She teased. 

Luhan suddenly remembered why he went to the eatery. "Ah, right." He turned to Dara once again and bowed. "I'm really sorry for what I did, miss. I wasn't watching where I was going." He bowed again. "I best be on my way now. I still have to study for school." He waved goodbye to them and left the eatery, forgetting that he came there to buy food to take back to his dorm. When it hit him that he forget, he slapped his forehead. "Idiot." 

 

"After he bumped into our table, he apologized so many times and then he suddenly left. It was a shock for me, of course, since it looked like he was dazed and confused when he left." She pursed her lips. "I didn't even get to tell him my name." 

"What happened next?" Leeteuk asked. (A/N: pretend he hasn't entered the army yet.)

She smiled. "Two weeks went by and nothing happened. We just...trained."

 

"Well that was weird." Chaerin muttered. "It looked like he was all confused about whatever was happening." 

"That's the power our Sandara has." Bom said proudly. "Her beauty makes men hypnotised." Dara hit Bom's arm but the four of them laughed. The food suddenly arrived and the girls resumed eating.

Going back to their dorm, Bom and Dara were still wide and awake in their room. Chaerin and Minji were fast asleep in their room after the four girls goofed off courtesy of the older members. Now, the oldest ones lay awake in their bed, both thinking about certain things. Dara shook her head and tried to sleep. After a few hours of tossing and turning, sleep finally took her and she dreamed about the boy from the eatery. 

Two weeks went by uneventfully. The girls went about their routine everyday. Wake up, eat, get dressed, then go to the training center. Chaerin was homeschooled so she just studies whenever she wants. Prior to becoming a trainee, she went to a foreigner school which is why she was so good with english. Bom and Dara had already finished high school with Bom studying in the US for a while and Dara studying in the Philippines for quite some time before she joined YG. Only Minji was the one who was still studying so it was only the three eldest at the training center. In those two weeks, Dara forgot about the boy at the eatery and focused on her training. 

At the moment, only Chaerin, Bom, and Dara were in the training center since Minji was still in school. After practicing for a few hours, they all laid down on the dance floor, breathing heavily. 

"I'm hungry." Dara suddenly said. 

"Then go buy food." Bom replied, throwing her arm over eyes. "While you're at it, buy some too."

"Why don't you go with me then?" Dara whined. "I can't go alone. I'm scared."

"Psh. Just go." Bom stuck her tongue out at her and massaged . Dara saw the action and sighed. "I'll be right back." She stood up, grabbed her purse, and headed to the door. "Chaerin-ah, can you get ice for Bom? I think her nodes are acting up."

"Neh, unnie!" 

Stepping out onto the street, Dara decided to just go to the eatery where they usually ate. Crossing the street, she was almost to the other side when she got a text from Bom. Stopping just a few feet from curb, she took her phone and out and checked what she sent.

 

Buy me corn juseyooo~~~ (◕ヮ◕)(✿◠‿◠)

 

"I literally had this expression on my face when I read that." She did the T_T expression and everyone in the studio laughed. "She literally loves corn and Hwangssabu always tells her not to eat it." She shook her head. "Anyway, while I was walking down the street, I almost got hit by a truck. Luckily, a guy saved me. Turns out it was that guy that I met at the eatery."

"The one who accidentally bumped your table?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Yep!"

 

She didn't notice that the light turned green and the DON'T WALK was flashing. A speeding truck was rounding the curb, not being able to see Dara standing a few feet away from the curb. The driver suddenly looked up, honked his horn, and was about to run her over when she was abruptly pulled to the sidewalk by someone and she slammed into someone's chest. 

She couldn't hear anything. It was like she was underwater, everything was muddled. She couldn't beleieve what just happened. 

"Are you alright, Miss?" A worried and frantic voice made its way to her ears. She recognized the voice, of course, and she looked up from that person's chest. She gasped when she came face to face with the guy --what was his name? Luhun? Luhen? AH! Luhan!

She blinked at him, not exactly hearing his words but she could see his lips moving. "--okay? Miss? Miss, are you alright?" 

She snapped back into focus and she nodded slowly, a relieved expression taking over his face.

"Thank goodness," he breathed out. He helped Dara stand up and looked her over to see if she was hurt anywhere. "But are you alright?" Dara asked. It suddenly occured to her that he was the one who pulled her away from the danger. "No broken bones or anything?" 

He smiled and shook his head. "I'm really sorry about it though." She said. "If I was just paying attention, you wouldn't have had to do that." 

 

"I really felt bad that he had to do that. He didn't need to save me but with the kindness of his heart he did." She smiled. 

 

"Let me make it up to." Dara said. They were now away from the road and were standing by a small dress shop. "I feel bad that you were hurt because of me."

"I told you I wasn't hurt, Dara-ssi." She had told him her name when he introduced himself to her again. "And besides, it was the least I could do after spilling water on you a few weeks ago."

Dara was surprised. "You still remember me?"

He blushed. "Um, yeah."

She blushed as well. "Still, I really feel bad."

"Then how about this, go on a date with me and I'll call it even."

 

"I was surprised when he asked me out right then and there. I remember thinking that this guy was seriously too smooth until he turned red in the face and tried to go back on what he said."

 

"Oh crap, really sorry about that." Dara stared at him. "It just came out I swear. But I would like to go out with you if that's alright too." He rubbed the back of his neck in shyness. 

 

"Did you say yes to him?" Boom asked. 

"I did."

The audience squealed and Dara continued. "We went on more dates after that although with my busy trainee schedule and him with his studies, it was hard. But we made it happen." She grinned.

"What happened after that?" Jung Juri voiced out. "Did you two get married?" She joked, garnering laughs around. 

"Nope." Dara smiled sadly. "We dated for three years and then we broke up." 

 

It was a blissful time for Dara. She was going to achieve her dream and she was in love. Today was an off day for her and so she wen

Please log in to read the full chapter