The Stars on the Wall

(HIATUS ) CROWN

With time came differences, Seungho supposes, years go by, the once professional painting on his walls were different and more whimsical, the once sombre rooms redecorated to a gentler atmosphere, the menus on his once unhealthy meals tipped like a land slide, hell, he even lived differently. He wasn't as cheap as people claimed him to be in the past.

 

But even though years have gone by the window panes and the lacey curtains, some things just don’t change.

 

He STILL takes three hours just to get Byunghee to settle in bed without trying to get out and run around like a rebellious, hyperactive child on sugar. He did everything he could, make him play till dusk became night, made him set the table twenty different times, make him help out with dinner that, despite being a disaster, was pretty delicious.

 

With all his own bones feeling like sandpaper, Seungho, in his sleepy state, admired this energetic man for still being capable of rolling around here and there and crawling under tables that Seungho thankfully cleaned daily. Byunghee was an absolute douchebag when he refused to go to bed.

 

And when the clock struck twelve, as if Seungho had done nothing at all, the ravenette drags him to his little room excitedly to talk about the glow in the dark stars glue onto the ceiling.

 

Seungho gladly listens, even though he has heard the damn story twenty over times already, but as a teacher to the handicapped, he is patient, and always amused.

 

Eventually, Byunghee finishes his tales and he quiets to silence, staring at the plastic decorations with wonder in his still, very awake eyes. The brunette always thought it was a miracle that these simple little things pleased this man so much.

 

And even when hours had passed, in his fidgety hands, the raven haired smaller refused to let go of that crusty crown constructed from beach magazines with scantily dressed ladies. Seungho reaches over to claim it from him and is greeted with the look of shock.

 

As if Seungho was attempting to rob him of his identity and riches.

 

So the man stops in his tracks and smiles gently. “So, Byunghee. How does your crown look like?”

 

The man is confused momentarily before he looks at the crumpled item in his hands, the memories of earlier games comes crashing into him as he smiles broadly. “Silver.”

 

“Silver?”

 

Byunghee nods excitedly. “Yeah, silver. Gold is really tacky. So it’s silver. I want it silver.”

 

When the brunette lets the younger one talk about the image he wished his crown to be, Seungho knows that the shades of his eye bags were going to darken, for he doesn’t have the heart to stop him, completely entranced with the tales the ravenette told to build this little headset.

 

It is only when sleep hits the younger's eyes does the brunette pat the other’s fringe gently. “You really want this crown back, right?”

 

Sheepishly, Byunghee looks away to the crumbled magazine in his hands. “Well, I don’t HAVE to have it. I have this.”

 

“That isn’t fit for a king, Hee-Hee.”

 

“But you made it, Ho-Ho.”

 

They both grin at each other before the younger one out stretches his arms and practically flails. “Can I at least have a hug goodnight?”

 

Seungho doesn’t know why he doesn’t hesitate when he stands and pulls the smaller man into a tight, warm embrace. He is used to this kind of contact, Seungho is used to this creamy, clean scent. He hugs Byunghee every night.

 

But in recent days, he closes his eyes firmly and grits his teeth, every day, being around this man became harder. The stubble that tickles the base of his neck and shoulder blades, the warmth behind the banana yellow sweaters, the hands that pat his back almost reassuringly; these were all too real.

 

Hugging Byunghee like this made Seungho’s heavy heart hurt more than it already did.

 

This disease that Lee Joon said he had, this sickness called love, Seungho wished he never felt it at all.

 

Does loving an innocent being undergoing retardism make him a sick, and deranged man?

 

How does a man with the mentality of a four year old love back?

------

“His name is Jung Byunghee.

 

He has been suffering from a severe stage of retardism. He is 21, but his mentality is that of a 5 year old.

 

From the looks of it, his history is cleared.

 

Someone who used to be close to him didn’t want anything to do with him any more. So I assume it’s been going on for a while.

 

Someone who once obviously cared about him intended on leaving him behind.


And this time, they succeeded, I’m sorry Seungho, I have no idea where the hell this guy has come from besides a medical center located in Seoul that shut down several months ago.”

------

Uhhh I have no more words to say, I have no idea what I'm writing anymore but for some reason it makes me feel weirdly happy. :D

 

In any case, another shoddy update, I wish I did better, last chapter should be coming up soon. Hope you enjoy! ^w^