002

Qualified Fiance

Like it was predicted, and no doubt of it. Family meeting is worse than getting into hell. His mom is talking from the right side, his father is grumbling from the left side and his brother has no other choice beside involve into it. Taeyang's head is just about to explode, it is overloaded now. Taeyang's ears are reddening as the sharp words are going through his ears. As if he would listen to it obediently, Taeyang  begins to zone out of the family meeting and decides to divert his thoughts from all nags he's been hearing from the last 30 minutes.

"Taeyang! Are you even listening?!" his mom realizes something different from her son's face. His face is so flat, a presage that he's not listening at all.

"Taeyang! we here are about losing our patience towards you! we have reached out limit to tell you the right things. Why don't you care a little?! It is basically for you own good!" his mom yelled pretty loud that even his father gets startled to see his wife changing into totally another person. His mom glares at him. She looks perfectly annoyed.

"My own good? Is it my own good or your own good? I can't even define what the hell good is! Seems like we have different meaning of it!" Taeyang finally speaks up. He squeeze his forehead. It's not the first time the family held a meeting like this, and as if the past is repeated itself, this family discussion seems have the same ending as before. Taeyang doesn't even know whether this is family discussion or not since they don't discuss anything. They only tell him what to do, and he has to gulp his saliva from being banned to do everything he wants. But he is not Taeyang if he accepts the same result over again.

"What?! What have you been thru until you know what's the perfect for you?! Do you think you are in the right place to say what is good for your life?!" his mom can't lose to argue against her own son.

His father and brother seem like to step aback, and let the only woman in their family takes the charge of finishing this thing off. They can't do anything though to go contra Mrs. Dong's words. Though he's also disappointed to his youngest son, but Mr. Dong knows that his son will not do anything if he didn't think ahead. He surely knows that Taeyang might have his own reason, but due to his disappointment he can't handle it to nag over him. It's been pretty long he had held his frustation since Taeyang always avoids to talk to him. He could not figure out why Taeyang being that way since Taeyang himself seals his problems from his family.

"I might have not been thru anything. I know you all have struggled more than I have. But, does it mean that I have no choice beside following your order? You did not raisea dog! And I was not taught to be a dog! I have my mind here!" Taeyang points his head with his index finger. He stands up and is about to go, escaping from this whole bull his family create again and again.

"A dog you said? What's your right to talk to me like that?! Your mind is already gone! That's why your life so much!" his mom gradually gets his blood boiling even more compared to while ago.

"Mom, what do you want actually?! what do you all want from me?!" Taeyang can't hold back his anger. He is so frustrated to be the youngest in this kind of family. He is about to cry, not because he is such as a cry baby, but his patience has hit its peak. He doesn't get it, what the hell is wrong with his family. They keep pushing him to do everything they want as if his life is planned, and he only does the scenario as he taught to.

"The only thing we want from you is getting married, Taeyang! Don't you get it?! It is a proper age for you to get married! That's the only thing that will make your parents die peacefully. We want to see you to be happy! That's all we want. Is it a wrongful thing that parents ask his son to get married?" his mom lowers her voice. She eventually tears down. His brother her back, and hugs her. He gives Taeyang some signal to apologize.

Taeyang feels guilty to see her mother cry. He did not expect it would be until this extent. Though he is always breaking the rules his parents told, and always being disobedient kid in his family, but definitely he can't see his mother crying. It just hurts his heart as much as his mom does.

"So, it's all about getting married, huh? Okay then." Taeyang said in the middle of crying sound that could be heard in the air.

His father stands up in excitement to hear his son's very first agreement of something they have planned. His mother stops crying as she tries to repeat her son's words just then to make sure she did not mishear it. Same goes to his brother who is blinking his eyes for times, getting confused why Taeyang agrees in a sudden. To count it, it is been months Taeyang always rejects the idea of him getting married, and today, don't know what kind of miracle that God has given, Taeyang finally said yes.

"Is it true?" his father's eyes get widen as he comes closer to hold both Taeyang's shoulders.

Taeyang rolls his eyes. Though he has to insistly agree, but he finally can see his parents smile widely. A view that may will not happen twice in his entire life since he always go against his parents.

"Yes. Don't make me change my mind." Taeyang nods.

"Then you have to be ready for tonight!" his mother says with sprakling eyes. "We are going to have a dinner with Song family!"

 


 

Taeyang dresses dashingly with a tuxedo and a matching tie displayed on his white shirt. He did not have an idea that just after he agreed to all these stupid things about marriage, his mom without a buffer, announced that tonight they're having a dinner with his future fiance. He lets out a big sigh as he keeps looking carefully at his reflection in mirror, so attentive, that he does not want to ruin his looks. Out of the fact that he will agree or not later to be engaged with Song's daughter, his look comes first otherwise his mom will nag him again. He is already sick of it.

"Taeyang, are you ready? Your brother is already in the downstairs, we are waiting for you." his mom says behind the door.

Taeyang laughs mentally. It is the first time his mom came all the way to his room just to check him up.

"Yes. I will be there soon!" Taeyang replies as he fixes his tie for the last time.

There's an awkward silence in the car, as it is speeding to the place where both families' meeting will take place. Taeyang just pays his total attention towards scenery around him. He knows he is doing wrong for agreeing this thing. Like he always says, he will not lose. He will not accept things just like that without a plan. With determined mind, and he literally has come all the way, now he can not cancel it down. He has to do this. Now or never.

They finally reached the restaurant. A man opens a door for him. Taeyang slides out of the car and nervously enters the building. He doesn't know whether his plan will turn out, or it will be the end for him. All he knows, at least he folllows his conscience.

"I can't wait to meet their daughter. I heard that she has joined so many beauty pageants. She must make a perfect daughter-in-law." his mother says to his father who are walking in front of Taeyang and his brother.

Taeyang does not give a care. He is busy thinking about his plan. His brother hit him with his elbow, he teases him as he is suspecting Taeyang is all happy. Taeyang forces to smile and keeps walking. They arrive in front of the room that is reserved before. The lid is slowly opened, showing there are three people in the room already. Mr. Dong bows to them, followed by his wife and his sons.

"You're finally here, Dong Yong Guk." Song Ji Hoon greets Mr. Dong as he asks them politely to have a seat.

Taeyang is sitting right in front of the only young woman in the room. No need to think, she must be Mr. Song's daughter that is said soon will be his fiance.

"Sorry we are a bit late. Taeyang took so many times in front of the mirror. I guess my son is really nervous to meet your daughter." Mrs. Dong says that make the room laugh except Taeyang. Just only if his mom knows that he is nervous for another thing.

"Well, this is my daughter Song Minji." Mr. Song introduces his only daughter to Dong family.

The young woman who was all staying quiet finally forms a wide smile on her face. She is kind chic-looking woman, with a complex personality. She is that kind who is having her pride so high and having people to be under his heels.

"Nice to meet you, I am Song Minji." she says politely. Mrs. Dong can't hide her happiness to see her future daughter-in-law is as perfect as her standard.

"Wah, you look so pretty." Mrs. Dong praises for her beauty.

"This is my son,  Dong Taeyang." this time Mr. Dong takes a shift to introduce his son. He proudly introduces Taeyang as he looks into Song family's eyes that are totally fascinated to Taeyang's strong presence.

"Your son is just like you, Yong Guk-ssi." Mr. Song looks satisfied. He will not hesitate to let her daughter to marry Taeyang. He has heard a lot about Taeyang. How clever, tough and persistent he is. He is a perfect match for his daughter, or should he say a perfect match to handle his business.

"I heard a lot about you, Taeyang-ssi. So are you having fun to run such as a huge company?" Mr. Song ask in curiosity. He can't wait to have Taeyang as his son-in-law as he is already planning to inherit Taeyang with one of the companies he has. He believes Taeyang will manage it well as he heard it from people.

"Well, rather than saying I am having fun, let's saying I don't have any choice." Taeyang replies sarcatically makes the atmosphere a bit down.

"Ah, what are you saying just now?" his mother tries to break the awkwardness. "Hm, what about having a talk regarding our future plan for both of them?" Mrs. Dong changes the topic immediately before it goes too far.

The majority of people in the room nod as few of them keep asking in their mind what Taeyang meant behind his words.

Taeyang's heart is beating faster. He has to do it now. He keeps couraging himself that it is the time.

"What do you mean by future plan, Mom?" Taeyang cuts off the conversation.

All people in the room are paying attetion to him. His mom eyes are popped out a little, she has this feeling of her son will make another trouble.

"Oh, honey, what are you talking about? Sure we have to talk about it." again, Mrs. Dong tries to clear the thing up.

"I am sorry before for saying this. But, I don't have an intention to have a future with Song Minji-ssi. And, it's waste to talk about some future plans about us. We will not have our future together." Taeyang says unwaveringly. He looks straight to the people in the room.

He has come all the way. He has dipped himself into the quarrel, and he doesn't bother to go deeper. All the people are open-mouthed by Taeyang's sentence.

"What is this Mr. Dong?" Mr. Song asks in a shock. He doesn't know what his intending of coming here, if in the end, he ruins it himself. 

His parents along with his brother look in Taeyang in disbelief. They just knew they were dragged into this trap. Taeyang was all acting, and perfectly tricked them.

"Taeyang! What are you talking about! Have you lost your mind already?!" Mr. Dong raises his voice as it spreads scarily all over the room. His face is getting redden to his unbearable anger towards his son.

"I am sorry, dad, mom, and hyung. I am also sorry to Mr. and Mrs. Song and especially to Minji-ssi. But I already have someone in my heart that I can't let her go easily just like throwing out some trash down." Taeyang finally admits which brings a whole new level of jolt that his family have to hear.

"What the hell in the world are you talking about?! You did not say anything about this just before?! What is this, Taeyang?!" this time Mrs. Song can't handle to yell at her son.

"We will go now. There's no use for us to be here. Dong Yong Guk-ssi, we will remember this. We are so disappointed to your family." Mr. Song escorts his famliy to go out of the room. He is all puzzled, angry and disappointed at the same time.

Though both Mr. and Mrs. Dong have tried to stop them, but Mr. Song persistenly brings his family out of the room which making things go even worse for Taeyang.

"Are you crazy?!" Mr. Dong slaps Taeyang across his cheek. "What happened to you?! Do you know what you just have done?!"

"Taeyang! What is this?! Say a word!" Mrs. Dong shakes her son's body.

"I will let you to meet her." Taeyang's words shut the room. Mr. and Mrs. Dong do not know what kind of feeling is this, but they wish it will be a light in the darkness.