Chapter I

This Isn't Wonderland...

 

The car broke down. Great, just what we needed. As if our day wasn't bad already. The four of us, me, Nana, Eli, and Ha Min were on our way to go meet up with old friends at a lodge that was three hours away from us. Nana was cranky since she didn't feel like going, but we forced her, and she had been grouchy every since. I looked up to the sky, and it was very cloudy, I could tell that a really bad storm was approaching. Not only that, but I had a feeling that something rather unpleasant would happen today. I shook it off as usual, I didn't want to linger on the thought of what could happen that day. It started to pour. 

 

"Ugh, so now what?" Nana complained as she sunk into her seat at the back.

 

"Look, why don't you go ask the driver that's outside getting soaked in the rain?" I said.

 

"Why don't you, he's your boyfriend." Nana stuck her tongue out. 

 

"Your boyfriend Eli is out there too pabo."

 

"I don't wanna get wet."

 

"S-seriously? Aishh..." I rolled my eyes and stepped into the rain. 

 

"Oppa.... what's wrong with the car?" I said as I clutched his arm.

 

"Aish... the engine is completely busted...." Ha Min said. He looked rather annoyed.

 

"Yeah, we need to call someone to tow this car for us." Eli added as he sighed.

 

"I'll go tell your lazy girlfriend to call someone up for us since she's sitting in there being miserable."

I go back into the car, only to find Nana snoozing away. I went through her jacket pockets and found the phone only to realize that her phone was dead. I sighed and said, "Hey guys, her phone's dead, any of you have a signal? I'd use mine, but I left it at home...."

 

"Sure." both replied in unison. Eli tried first, he tried calling at least ten times, but the signal was terrible. The same thing happened with Ha Min.

 

"Well ." Ha Min cussed. "We can't even contact anyone."

 

"Damn... It's probably because of this weather the reception is down." Eli shoved his phone back into his pocket.

 

"Maybe... we should just walk to see if we can find shelter of some sort or a store so we could use their phone." I suggested. Both the boys were looking at each other and shrugged.

 

"Well babe, I guess you're right, we have really nothing else to do unless you want to stay in this car until the rain subsides."

 

"Nah, I'm good Ha Min, I'll take my chances. I hate being stuck in a car, especially since Nana is so cranky." 

 

Eli chuckled. "She's always cranky. But you gotta love her haha. I'll go wake her up now, we need to get going, this weather is seeming to get worse."

 

Eli was right. It did get worse. The lighting that lit up across the sky turned into crackling thunder. The rain started to go down harder, it felt like we were being pelted by tiny pieces of hail. I held onto Ha Min tightly. This just wasn't a good day, no, no, not at all. Nana may be my bestfriend, but her complaints and her whines just became so unbearable and annoying, I had gotten a headache. I wanted to shout furiously at her to shut up, but I knew it was a bad idea, for it would make everything more terrible than it already was. I don't understand how Eli can put up with her sometimes. 

 

After walking for what seemed like hours, we came across a sad looking old building. It seemed to be a deserted old Victorian styled house. It looked lifeless. I don't think that anyone has resided in this house for years. The thorny bushes were overgrown, and the grass was so long that it had coiled around each column of the black metal fence. The gate was on it's hinges and was rusty. The windows of the house looked completely dusty (some even had cracks in them), and the darkness from inside the building gave off an eerie vibe. The front porch looked like it was about to cave in because it was so worn out. I didn't like it, but we had no choice. We decided to go in and rest for the night since we were sopping wet.

 

I pushed the gate out of our way, and it completely came off. We walked down the stone pathway that led up to the house. Then, Ha Min slowly creaked the door open.

 

"Eli, Eli I don't wanna go in there! This place looks haunted, it creeps me out! Can't we just go back to the car?!" Nana was on full panic mode.

 

"Calm down sweetie, it's not haunted, there's no such thing." Eli tried to relax her.

 

"Besides, we can't go back to the car, look at this storm, and the car is so far away. We can leave the moment when this storm stops." I said. Suddenly, a strong wind blew at us at immense speed, and Nana realized that I was right, and seemed tired from all this and stopped.

 

We all walked into the foyer.  It was so silent inside the house, you could hear the extremely loud thuds of the rain drops as they hit the windows of the old Victorian house. Thunder was booming from the sky very loudly and seemed to rattle the house along with the large gust of wind. To our surprise, the house was furnished. Whoever left this place obviously forgot their belongings, since I saw old fashioned coats in the closet near the door. Something felt wrong about this place, but I shook it off like I usually do. It was decorated with antiques. Old dusty books sat on the oak bookcase, the walls were decorated with complicated floral patterns, a classy chandelier was hanging from the ceiling, and the furniture looked like it had been taken right out of 18th century Europe. I explored the house more, and that's when I saw it.

 

(Sorry its so short, but please, bare with me! ^^;)