Again?

It was love

~

It’s almost your 9th year anniversary with Kris. You can’t believe that you’ve spent almost 9 years of your life with this guy. Throughout the thick and thin of it, you’ve still come through it arm in arm. You look at him, lying on the couch, half asleep. He looked so beautiful to you when he was like that. You decide to go make him breakfast, after all he had had a long day with the group last night. Part of you wonders what they got up to but you dismiss the thought, your childhood friend Kai coming into mind. You smile as the memories of preschool rush back into mind. You two were still close friends, catching up whenever the group came over to your place for fun nights Kris organised. As you crack an egg, you over view your relationship that you’ve had with Kris. Majority of the time it has been a pleasant and pleasurable relationship but for the past few years you feel like you’ve grown apart. Little fights over nothing tended to lead to bigger ones that put you under a lot of stress, although all he had to do was cuddle you or kiss you and you’d be melting into his arms again. It kind of annoyed you but you just assume that’s what long relationships were like. You hear him stir when you’re plating up the breakfast plate, consisting of his favourite treats. You look down at the diamond encrusted in the silver ring upon your finger. It hadn’t been that long ago since he proposed to you. You still remember it, him getting down on one knee in front of the whole group. Shocked, you of course said yes, after all you’d been with him for 8 years going on 9. Each of the members congratulated you with a hug, all except Kai. He gave you a smile before having to go, apparently on some family dilemma. You could never forget his face that night, lonely but it turned into a grin when congratulating you. You push the thought of him out of your mind when you walk back out, setting the plate down on the coffee table just before Kris gets up to kiss you.

“Did you make this for me? Thanks babe.” You smile before sitting down next to him, watching him take a bite of the meal.

“Mmhmm yumm! Just as I like it.” He said as he scoffed down the eggs, remembering to give you a bite. You gladly smiled and accept his offer, taking a bite off the fork.  He smiled and put an arm around you, pulling you in for a cuddle.

“Did I tell you that the boys are coming over tonight? We decided to finish writing our next song here, if that’s ok with you. You could even help.” You smile at the thought of the boys coming over. You really enjoyed their company. They were like the brothers you never had.

“Will Kai be there?” You wouldn’t normally ask this, because he’s usually always there, but for the past few days you haven’t heard from him.

“Why do you all of a sudden care about Kai so much?” He looks at you with a concerned yet disapproved face. You frown and sigh loudly.

“I don’t, I was just asking. I haven’t heard from him in days.” You hear him grunt and you roll your eyes, knowing where this was going. You’ve been through it time and time again and don’t want to deal with another fight.

“And how often are you talking to him?”

“Why does it matter?”

“It matters because you’re my fiancé, not his.” You stare at him, taken aback.

“What’s that meant to mean? I’m not fooling around with him.”

“Can’t you see he likes you? Oh my god you are that blind aren’t you.” You can feel the tension starting to rise and are shocked at what he’s saying.

“He doesn’t like me and I’m not blind.”

“Sure, that’s why you’re always talking to him. I know you like him too and quite frankly, that pisses me off.”

“Kris I don’t love him! We are good friends that’s all.”

“Don’t be stupid. You look at him with more affection in your eyes than you do to me.”

“Well am I engaged to him? Seriously Kris why would I snoop around with a guy I don’t love? At least I have had the decency to stay with you, unlike that girl last summer.” You hated to bring that back up but you had to use something against him. He had been flirting with another girl last summer which sparked a fight between you two, but he charmed you back in the next day, saying that he was sorry and making it back up to you.

“Don’t try and turn this around on me. In fact she’d probably make a better girlfriend than you. She didn’t complain as much.” That struck you hard. You got up, almost in tears, and began to walk to your bedroom before he caught your hand.

“Babe wait I’m sorry.” You cut him off and continue to walk away, before he pins you against a wall, kissing you roughly. This was how he made up for most of the fights but this time you’d had enough. You push him off and run to your room, slamming the door closed and locking it. You cried in the ensuite, wishing you hadn’t brought up Kai at all. You hated when Kris acted like this. You looked down at the ring. Was it all a mistake? You were always fighting and today were no different. He had compared you to another girl, which still made your blood boil. You decide to pack a bag, not wanting to stay there for the night. You didn’t want to face him until you’ve calmed down. After 20 minutes, you emerge from the room to see him waiting on the couch. He walks up to you and hugs you, stepping back slowly after realising the bag.

“Babe where are you going with that?” You feel guilty for some reason but have to tell him.

“I can’t stay here tonight.”

“And where are you going? Into the safe arms of Kai?”

“No. I don’t know where I’m going but I’m not staying here when you’re like this. Goodbye Kris.” You turn away and open the door but he grabs your shoulder a little harder than expected.

“You can’t leave.”

“Watch me.” You shrug him off and slam the door on him, not having a clue where you were going now.

 

~

 

It broke your heart to leave him every time you fought but sometimes it just went over the top. You walked and walked wherever your legs took you, and funnily enough it was at Kai’s place. He lived at a dorm with the other members most of the time, but this was just his personal house. A couple of years ago he gave you a pair of keys in case something happened. You weren’t sure if he was home but it didn’t matter you, you just wanted a place to get some rest.

You pulled the spare keys out of your pocket and entered the house, it was just the way you left it last time which was a little over two weeks ago. He probably hadn’t been home since then. You passed through the living room and went into the second bedroom. It was basically your room now because you went over there so often now. You were exhausted so you just dropped your bag and laid on the bed with your eyes closed.

You heard what seemed to be very faint footsteps but thought it was just in your mind.

“What did he do now?” A familiar voice asked.

“Dont worry, its fine, it was nothing. Just give me a day and I’ll be out of your hair.” You said whilst opening your eyes.

“Tell me, I have nothing better to do.” He sat next to you on the bed as you told him what had happened.

“Don’t you have practice to do at your company?”

“Not anymore, I have a few days off because I fainted after our concert because I was working too hard.”

“OMG Kai why would you do that? You know sleep is important.”

You sat up and ushered him into his bedroom and pushed him so that he would be laying on the bed.

“Stay there.” You said in a stern voice.

“Yes mum.” He smirked as you walked away.

You went to get a wet towel. You returned to him and put it over is forehead.

“I will be staying here until you go back to work to make sure you’re getting rest.”

“No, you won’t. ---------- you know how Kris is like, he hates when you see me. I have just been getting kind of close to him.” He pleaded with his infamous puppy eyes.

“Yes I will, you won’t get rest if I’m not here. For all I know you would be practicing in your lounge again.”

“No, ok fine let’s make a deal, you can come check on me as much as you want just as long as you go home, ok?”

“ok, ok, ok fine deal.” You hit his forehead causing both of you to laugh.

He then grabbed you by the waist and tackled you on the bed. He was tickling you which caused you to squeal very loudly. You grabbed his pillow and the war started. You smacked his face with the pillow. Both of you were having so much fun when you suddenly heard someone knocking at the door.

*knock, knock, knock*

“---------- !! ARE YOU IN THERE?”

You both stopped and you recognised that voice. It was him…

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

// AUTHORS NOTES //

Our first chapter is up! Hope you guys enjoy it. The next update will be in a week or so, so please anticipate it a lot :)

Thanks ♥

- jjaamieeeeee & _bethany :P