Chapter 1

Save Me My Goddess

Seohyun

 

It was supposed to be just like any other day in my life. Waking up early in the morning, eating healthy and proper breakfast, preparing for school and going there on time. But why did it come to this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard a noice outside my room. I live alone, so the first thing that came to my mind was a burglar.

The first thing I did was lock my door and dial my phone for the police. I'm not really scared or nervous about it because I'm expecting this to happen since I live alone. Plus, I'm a girl and I live in a rundown apartment. That is why I have prepared for this. I have organized every course of action I have to take for every possible situation. I reviewed in my mind the planned actions for possible scenarios.

I didn't notice it but it's been awhile since I have dialed the police but I still haven't heard or seen any sign of police coming. And it became silent outside my room now. Did the burglar left already?

I was starting to get nervous with this silence. I opened the door slightly to see if the burglar really left. But the burglar was still there and rushed to the door. I quickly shut the door close but the burglar slammed its body to the door. The door swung open and I was thrown down by the impact.

The burglar was now inside my room. But that wasn't what caught my attention. The burglar is a woman with ONE leg! No, wait. The burglar's lower body is that of a snake with two tail ends!

I can't believe of what I was seeing. A monster is right in front of me. It's red eyes shines with hunger. I want to scream but no voice was coming out of my mouth. My body can't move and my breathing became hard. I could almost hear my heartbeat racing like lightning.

The monster seems to sense my fear and that made her smile. She hissed as if she was laughing.

"Well well, look what I've got. A child of Athena. It seems like I'll have a delicious meal tonight." the monster said while her fangs.

She is going to eat me?! This monster is talking about eating me?! I have to get away! I have to run! I don't want to die! With this thought, I was able to overcome my fear and finally move my body. I was able to throw the lamp at my desk and hit the monster on the face. This gave me the chance to run pass through her and out of my room.

The monster was surprised by my action that it took her a second to understand what was going on. I was running at the fastest speed my legs could and opened the door of my apartment. I was about to run out and shout for help when my arm was grabbed. The monster was fast and caught me. I struggled to get free but the monster was stronger than me.

"Going somewhere? It's rude not to treat your guest nicely." the monster said while pulling me inside.

I tried to get free from her but her grip is like solid steel. I think she got annoyed of me and decided to throw me inside. My body was slammed on the wall and the pain almost took my consciousness away. I was able to stay conscious and not pass out but the pain is still there. My body feels heavy and my mind is spinning. The monster launched at me but I was able to roll aside and run to the kitchen.

I grabbed the knife on the counter and held it in my hands.

"Don't come any closer or I'll stab you!" I threaten her.

But the monster just laughed at my words and said "Do you think that will scare me? You could barely keep yourself from shaking."

It's true. I wasn't much of a threat even if I have a knife compared to her. My body was trembling with fear and my mind was still spinning from the pain. But I was determined not to die, at least not without a fight. I won't let myself be just a food for this monster.

I wasn't going to wait to become food, so I charged at the monster. She was going to grab my arms to stop me but I saw what she was going to do. So I cut her right arm off.

She backed away and wailed. Her right arm turned to black sand as it fell to the ground. I could see that she was in pain from my attack and I see this as a chance to finish her off. But she was faster this time and swung her other arm to my right and slammed me to the sides. My knife was knocked out of my hands and I was left defenseless.

I was able to somehow endure the pain and scan my surroundings. The knife was out of my reach but I was closer to the door out of my apartment. So I immediately stood up and ran outside for escape. The monster was still crying in pain for her right arm.

I ran for escape and looked for help but the neighborhood seems like an abandoned place. There was no one around. I knocked at the other houses but there was no response. It was like no one could hear me. I ran and ran but I know I am still not safe. I could feel the monster following me and eventually catch up to me.

It felt like forever and my legs was losing strength. I stopped at a corner for a breather but when I looked back, the monster was already catching up to me. I started to run again and turned to an alley to only find myself in a dead end. I turned around and saw the monster at the corner.

She was smiling for I think she figured out that I was trapped. I have nowhere to run anymore. I tried to find something to fight her with but there was nothing around that I can use.

I was defenseless. I tremble at the thought of it. The monster was taking its time to get to me and I think she's being careful now. She looks prepared if I ever do anything surprising.

I got to find a way out of here. I was desperately searching for anything that I can use that I even threw an empty can I found at her. But what it did was only bounce off her and made her smile even more. I was out of options. My mind was working all sorts of things I could do but to no avail. It all leads to one result. My death.

As if on cue, my legs finally gave at this realization. I stumble on the ground as I wait for the monster to kill me. I was preparing myself for my end. The monster was finally infront of me and said "It seems like you finally gave up. You will pay dearly for my arm."

I closed my eyes and prayed to god to save me! I was screaming for help in my mind.

I could feel her arm coming closer to me when I heard her scream in pain. I was confused for what I heard, so I looked up. But what I saw was the back figure of a man in front of me. Beside him is the other arm of the monster starting to turn to sand. And in his hands is a SWORD?! Who is this man?