Cold | MyungGyu

Photography

He made his way towards the busy streets that lined the european designed cafe district. He walked slowly and took some pictures of pretty girls and the picturesque view. The wind blew and he pulled his coat tighter to his body, autumn was really bringing in the winter feel.

 

He saw a few kids with toothy smiles and it brought a smile unto his face. He captured them and was breathing satisfaction with his shots so far.

 

He entered a cafe and ordered a warm mug of chocolate when he noticed a face by the window. He looked at the male holding a cold glass of milk tea and he pondered why would the male take such a cold drink on a cold day.

 

HE took out his camera and took a shoot of the unsuspecting male and the resulting photograph was breathtaking. His side profle was just perfect nad his tiny eyes were the highlights of the picture. The overall picture was warm but his eyes tell a contrast of coldness that intrigued Myungsoo to no end.

 

“Can I join you?” He asked and the male nodded without looking at the stranger who invaded his personal time. “I am a photographer and may i know your story?” Myungsoo asked and the male shook his head.

 

“oh okay, I'm sorry for intruding.” Myungsoo apologized and gave him a small smile before leaving the male.

 

“I can tell you if you join me for a walk.” The male replied as soon as Myungsoo stood to leave.

 

'Sure I got time.” Myungsoo replied and the male looked at Myungsoo for the first time. And the full view of the male's face was more than picture perfect for Myungsoo, it was beyond words.

 

They took their leave but not before ordering another ice cold Milk tea. The male craddled the beverage in his cold hands and Myungsoo was fighting the urge to bombard him with questions. The male made a turn to the left as they walked towards the park.

 

“I'm Sunggyu.” The male introduced himself with a small smile.

 

“I'm Myungsoo.” He said in reply and Sunggyu nodded.

 

“So I guess you are wondering why i am drinking something cold on a cold day am i right?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo nodded.

 

“Can I take your picture?” He asked and Sunggyu nodded.

 

“It's nothing really, i just like the cold.” Sunggyu uttered and gave him a smile. Myungsoo took a shot and the picture registered was beyond perfect.

 

“You are very photogenic.” Myungsoo uttered as he showed Sunggyu the picture. “But your eyes show this coldness that is a stark contrast to your smile.” Myungsoo explained and Sunggyu nodded.

 

“It's because people like me are not accepted by the society.” Sunggyu said and took a drink of his milk tea. “The smile is a perfect mask I put on. But at we all know that a mask can only cover so much and the eyes are still there for the world to see.” He uttered and Myungsoo nodded.

 

“I see the predicament.” Myungsoo uttered and sunggyu gave him a bitter smile this time. “I understand it perfectly.” He added and Sunggyu sighed.

 

'The metaphor or the problem?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo smiled at him.

 

“Both.” He said as he stood next to him, took out his phone and snapped a picture of them together.

 

Sunggyu gave him a confused look.

 

“Let's be friends, were the same you know just a different combination.” Myungsoo said as he gave him a smile.

 

Sunggyu looked at him with a confused look, analyzed the photographer's face and smiled. He took out his phone and took a photo of them together.

 

“You have warm eyess but a very cold expression Myungsoo-ssi.” Sunggyu uttered and he nodded.

 

“that makes us compatible.” He uttered and it made Sunggyu broke in a laughter.

 

“You are quite fast Myungsoo-ssi.” Sunggyu remarked and Myungsoo just smiled at him.