002 final

The truth shall set you free

Key was pacing nervously inside the waiting room which made Woohyun feel a bit dizzy.

‘Stop it Key, I’m getting dizzy.” He said and he earned a glare from the younger.

“I am freaking nervous Namu!” He screamed at the poor tree but feeling the same, he nodded and opened his arm for the lover.

“Come here!” HE cooed and Key smiled before snuggling with the greasy tree.

Woohyun wrapped his arm around the lover and kissed the top of his head, smelling the fresh scent of lemon and honey. He hummed a soothing song and Key relaxed in his arms. Then they heard a knock and a head appeared to peek at the room.

“Taemin!” Woohyun greeted the maknae and in an instant, Key was up and hugging his baby.

“I’m so glad you came!!!!” Key was jumping up and down while he enveloped Taemin in a tight embrace.

“I won’t miss it hyung.” He said with a bright smile and took out two light sticks with Woohyun and Key’s name from his bag. I asked Minsook noona to buy them, apparently there’s none yet with your names combined unlike Donghae hyung and Eunhyuk hyung.” He said and the two nodded in understanding.

“We can’t bit the legends can we?” Woohyun remarked and Taemin nodded.

“But you don’t have to beat them; your collaboration is already groundbreaking.” Taemin said sitting on the couch to have their little chat.

“My baby is growing up.” Key was acting like he was crying and Woohyun found it irrisistable so he gave him a peck on the cheeks.

“Namu-yah!” Key said embarrassed at how greasy his boyfriends is.

“Truth is, I don’t get why some people compare idols and groups when we clearly know our places.” Taemin remarked and glared at Woohyun. “Hyung, control your fans! Why are they bashing Key hyung? It’s not his intention to be in this sub unit. But Jongyup hyung insisted on it. So why does Key hyung has to get the blame?” Taemin asked and both Key and Woohyun stiffened.

“baby, I’m okay. I’m used to the bashing. It’s all a misunderstanding so don’t level yourself to them.” Key said in his omma tone, one that Taemin couldn’t even break.

“But hyung, I need to protect you somehow. They are saying that this is all a plot to bring woollim down and that SM is a .” Taemin paused and looked at the two. “I know SME is a ful load of directors but there are still those good hearted and hardworking people. We work hard despite being treated unfairly so why put the blame on us when it’s clearly Woollim’s plot to test this whole Infinite joining SMTOWN? Why are they bashing us for things we are not responsible for? It’s just unfair!” Taemin shouted the last part and Key’s instincts told him that Taemin’s breakdown isn’t ust because of the bashing but of different sort of heartache.

“Want us to talk about it?” Key asked and Taemin shook his head.

“I think you two should have a good talk about things. I’ll be aoutside if you need me love.” Woohyun said and gave Key a kiss then patted Taemin’s shoulder before leaving. Key gave him a grateful smile.

“You are professional Taemin, and you got through WGM, but why are you breaking down now?” Key asked as Taemin sobs

There was a good minute of silence before Taemin spoke. “I’m Jealous.” He started and it was enough to make Key understand what was happening to his baby. He hugged the maknae and sighed.

“It’s ok Tae, we’ll help you don’t worry.” Key said and Taemin nodded before thanking his hyung sincerely.

“Hey Key, we’re up in 10.” Woohyun said as he entered the room and gave Taemin a warm smile.

“There’s no perfect entertainment Taemin and we both know it. It just so happens that SHawols are more understanding than Inspirits. From the looks of it, a Noona Killer group with the world’s richest fandom coming from the big three, it is bound to happen that conspiracy theories form in the minds of middle school Inspirits who are protective of their ships.” Woohyun said then smiled at Taemin.

“I hope this will not taint the friendship Infinite and SHINee has. Our fans are different and they have their own characteristics. They’ll learn to accept this collaboration just like what ELFs did to Henry hyung and Zhoumi hyung. It’s just that changes are needed time for acceptance so let’s just hope for the best.” Woohyun concluded and Taemin gave him a warm smile.

“Toheart fighting” He said then his light sticks.

“Adorable! I’ll be your step dad soon.” Woohyun said then Taemin punched him lightly on the arm and chuckled.

“Not step dad, just appa.” Taemin laughed and Woohyun gave him a hug.

“Hey Key, our baby has agreed, we can get married!” He shouted and Key rolled his eyes.

“Of course he accepted, I wouldn’t date you if all of my members especially my baby disagrees with it.” Key said then walked out of the room towards the stage.

“Key hyung!!!” He heard a voice and in a few seconds a panting Sungjong faced him. “Am I late?” he asked and Key shook his head.

The two then walked towards the stage and Key took the opportunity to chat with the Infinite maknae.

“What is Woohyun to you?” He asked Sungjong who smiled at him.

‘A brother, a chef?” He laughed and Key smiled at him.

“Did Infinite accept our relationship?” Key asked and Sungjong shook his head.

“We were apprehensive. I was a big Woogyu shipper you know hyung.” He started. “But then I saw Woohyun was so inspired and Happy when you two met at our first concert so I thought why not give my hyung a chance to be happy.” Sungjong added.

“You know That Taemin is my baby.” He said and Sungjong nodded. “It makes you two now a bit related.” Key finished and Sungjong sighed.

“I’m okay with it.” Sungjong answered.

“Really?” Key inquired further.

“Yeah, maybe he’s not though.” Sungjong said and gave Key a bittersweet smile.

‘Sungjongie!” Woohyun back hugged the maknae making Sungjong squeal like a rat.

“Yah Hyung! Stop it!” Sungjong was a fit of giggles.

“I’m just happy that at least one member came to support me. I’m starting to feel forgotten you know.” Woohyun said and Sungjong fixed himself.

“The hamster hyungs are off on a date but they said they’ll visit you on MuBank so I guess the maknaes are assigned on your first broadcast?” Sungjong asked as he eyed Taemin who stood next to Key.

Taemin only nodded and looked away, clutching the light sticks tighter.

“ToHeart, positions.” The PD called and the two took the stage and faced the crowd of Inspirits and Shawols holding two lightsticks.

Taemin and Sungjong were left on the side of the stage and an awkward silence joined them. Then Taemin handed Sungjong his Key light stick which surprised the maknae.

“Good for promotions.” Taemin said and Sungjong thanked him as he took the light stick. He then rummaged inside his bag and took two uchiwa, he handed one to Taemin with a small smile.

“I passed by them when I was going here.” Sungjong said and then turned to the stage.

Taemin looked at the Woohyun uchiwa and smiled. He took out his phone and asked a staff nearby to take a picture of them. He pulled Sungjong towards him and whispered in his ear, the action making Sungjong blush like a bride. They then posed and the staff happily took the picture of the supportive maknaes.

The debut stage started and the two found themselves chanting ‘Delicious’ over and over again.

“are you mad at me?” Sungjong asked as Woohyun and Key took a breather and waved at the fans who came to watch their debut stage.

“No why would you think that?” Taemin replied and Sungjong sighed

“at the after party.” Sungjong started and Taemin cut him off.

“I was tired.” He said and Sungjong sighed even louder.

“You were okay before that, you just turned cold when I explained about the cheering banners.” He said and it was Taemin’s turn to sigh.

“Our maknae came to support us!!” Woohyun said and soon they found themselves on stage and waving to the fans holding out the uchiwa and light sticks.

“Very supportive pair!” Key said and gave each a hug.

“Let’s continue to support Toheart, Infinite and SHINee!” Taemin said and Sungjong smiled next to him.

“Everyone watch the MV on SMTOWN’s official YT Channel and buy their mini album. It’s really delicious!” Sungjong added.

Then the four bowed and stepped off the stage.

“Thank you for coming!” Key and Woohyun thanked the maknaes and the two bowed back to their hyungs.

“I’ll go on ahead hyung!” Taemin waved and Sungjong quickly bowed and joined him.

“Will they be okay?” Woohyun asked and Key nodded.

“We’ll have to learn to let them handle their problems on their own.” He said then pulled Woohyun towards their waiting room.

“Taemin wait!” Sungjong shouted and Taemin stopped and turned around. “Your light stick.” He said and extended the said light stick towards him.

“Keep it, I’ll keep this.” Taemin waved the Woohyun uchiwa.

“okay but you haven’t answered my question yet.” Sungjong insisted an Taemin sighed.

“Follow me.” Taemin said and he led Sungjong towards and empty room and he locked the door.

They sat on a wooden box on one side of the room in silence before Taemin spoke.

“I don’t hate you Sungjong. I was just a bit of disappointed with the cheering banner.” He started and Sungjong looked at him with teary eyes.

“Were you expecting another member? Is it Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong asked and Taemin shook his head.

“the way you said it feels like you were forced to hold the banner and it kind of hurt.” Taemin explained and Sungjong did not understand. “I like you Sungjong. I really like you and I was about to confess to you that night but hearing that you were just forced to hold the banner shattered my heart. The after party was supposed to be a getting together party.” Taemin said and Sungjong gasped as he processed the words in his brain.

“So I am not mad at you Sungjong, just hurt.” Taemin said and Sungjong was silently sobbing as he understood Taemin’s predicament.

“I like you too!” Sungjong said and leaned in to kiss Taemin full on the lips. They deepened it and both were passionately into it that they were breathless when they parted.

They both smiled then laughed as they realized their stupidity and Sungjong rested his head on Taemin’s shoulder while Taemin wrap his arm around Sungjong’s waist.

“IF ever we get to appear on SMTOWN stage, can we do a girl Group cover?” Sungjong asked and Taemin laughed.

“Suggest that to Heechul hyung and he’ll have eyes big as dinner plates.” Taemin said and Sungjong laughed along with him.

“so are we together now?” Sungjong asked and Taemin nodded.

“Wanna shop for rings?” Taemin asked and Sungjong nodded.

They then stood up and walked out of the room hand in hand.

----

a/n: Okay… so there I ended it happily.

about the Shawol X Inspirits statement above, please don't take that literally. It's just that there are a few fans who are not liking the merger or the TOHEART debut but i found that a bit of a nonsense because, WOOKEY are friends and that business is business so if it's a business strategy to promote toheart and Woollim to merge with SM C&C, it's their prerrogative. Although fans are the primary consumers in the idol industry, it's still a pleasant change for them to work with their friends; we just have to watch what they'll have to offer before we judge ^^ Please don’t kill me ^^