iv - making history

goodbye summer

it was just a singing contest in the school, the first one in fact. he was always shy and quiet, and horrible at dressing, but then again his friends helped him in his wardrobe. he dressed better, and very slowly he was becoming less shy. it was almost miracle work.

the prize wasn't extravagant really, a hundred dollars. but there was also the trophy, a blue statuette that had four swirled arms, on each end a different colored small crystal. a gold stand came with it, the name waiting to be engraved on the blank slate stating only "winner of the first school vocal competition." 

the trophy was unique, in more ways than one in that the trophy was a one-of-a-kind. only the winner of the first competition would get to keep the trophy. it was something of an incentive but he still felt too shy to enter, but it was his best friend that convinced him.

sungyeol, despite his energetic attitude and almost always bright and smiling expression, had little interest in things and wasn't the type to encourage. myungsoo didn't know what it was that did it, but sungyeol had nudged him to join the competition, and so he did.

he was so nervous about singing on stage. the microphone in his hand, he started singing a song he chose. his friends were right there in the front row supporting him. sungjong, eli, minhwan, lizzy, and most importantly sungyeol. that was when he gained more courage.

it was a shock to him as the confetti blasted and he was announced the winner. the other contestants, some who were his classmates, patted him on the back and congratulated him. he took the trophy and smiled with such happiness. the trophy had a blue, red, green, and yellow crystal. 

when sungjong, lizzy, and sungyeol took him for ice cream as celebration, he yanked the small spherical crystals from the trophy. the three reacted in surprise, but smiled warmly when he handed them the crystals. green for sungjong, yellow for lizzy, blue for himself, and red for sungyeol. 

"i want to share this moment in the history of my life with you all." especially with you, myungsoo thought as he glanced at sungyeol. the taller simply grinned and took the red crystal, slinging an arm around the winner's shoulders.

"kim myungsoo, making history and still being the one most wonderful person i know." sungyeol grinned, pinching myungsoo's cheek playfully. sungyeol never said things like that. it made myungsoo's heart flutter just the slightest bit inside.