FINAL

Please Stay

PLAY:

Butterfly Grave by Take

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EP0rttMXIE

OR

17's Butterfly Grave Performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNR2oPjPOZk


 

“Seokmin? Sing me to sleep please?” Jungmi peeked from the cover that was covering her body. She’s sick but she couldn’t sleep. Sniffing her running nose, she mustered a smile for her boyfriend that is caressing her face.

“Okay Princess. What song would you like to listen to? DJ Seok at your service!”

“Hm. Remember that song you sang to me during our 2nd Year anniversary?” Jungmi tapped her chin, reminiscing the past.

“Ah, ?” Seokmin smiled at the memory too. He swept Jungmi’s bangs that are covering her drooping eyes.

Seokmin began humming to the tune and sang the words.

Standing beside you as you sleep 
Wipe my tears as I close the door 
Bulleodo daedabi eobseoyo jebal nal bulleobwayo 

Amumaldo anhalgeorangeol ara 
Geureoke motal geotdo ara 
Hajiman neo museunmareul halkkabwa joyonghi gwireul yeolgoseo 
Ajik neoui jibeul seoseonggeorijyo.”

As he was immersed in singing, he was brought back to the past.

*flashback*

“Aish, this idiot.” Jungmi sighed as she looked at her watch for the umpteenth time anxiously.

Her boyfriend was late for their date, again.

And it wasn’t his first time. Lee Seokmin was known for being the ‘boy who always turn up late in any occasion’, even in school.

Jungmi was waiting at the park Seokmin they were supposed to meet at. He ‘promised’ to be on time for their date that day but surprise surprise. They were late for the movie.

It was snowing and cold out. She was shivering as she forgotten to bring a coat again.

“Where are you, Lee Seokmin. I will kill you once I see you.” She whispered to herself.

“Who are you killing now, miss?” A familiar voice rang behind her. Jungmi turned around and found Seokmin in a white suit grinning widely at her.

“Lee Seokmin pabo! Where have you been? Look at the time! We are---“ Her scoldings were cut off when Seokmin placed a finger on and pulled her towards an unknown direction.

“Yah! The cinema is that way!” Jungmi struggled against his tight grip and shouted but he did not answer.

“Trust me princess. I have something for you that’s way better than the movie.” He turned his head and smiled a smile that he knew would melt her heart, even when she’s pissed at the moment.

“I swear Lee Seokmin, if this is some of your stupid jokes again I will throw you down the Han River and…” She grumbled but stopped when she saw the sight in front of her.

The playground that was originally rusty and old was decorated with Christmas lights, bringing a joyful aura to the dull place. On the swing lies a bouquet of roses and a guitar. Seokmin picked up the roses and handed it to a surprised Jungmi.

“Jagiya, Happy 2nd Anniversary. I know I’m an idiot who always upsets you, I’m always late for our dates, and I know how mad you are always at me. But I promise I will make up to you. For you and only you, I will change. I love you so much. And I will never leave your side. Do I have the honour to do so, my princess?” Seokmin took Jungmi’s hand and pulled her closer to kiss away her tears.

“Oh god thank you so much Seok. Happy 2nd Anniversary pabo.” Jungmi wrapped her arms around his neck and sealed their lips with a passionate kiss as Seokmin held her waist.

Breaking their kiss, Seokmin went to retrieve his guitar and sat Jungmi down on the other swing. He started plucking his guitar and sang.

Jungmi listened to her boyfriend sing, loving the voice that would bring her back to life every time she is in deep sorrow. The melodious and smooth voice that she will never get tired of.

That night, Jungmi was sure she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Seokmin.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Upon finishing the song, Seokmin saw that Jungmi fell into a deep slumber. He pulled her blanket over her body because she has the habit of kicking her blanket. He stared at her a bit longer than usual, admiring her features and gently place a kiss on her forehead.

“Jagiya, be safe.” Seokmin’s eyes were glistening as he pulled a letter from his pocket and place it on her nightstand.

He stayed by her side and spent an hour just to look at her for the last time before he depart.

It was 2AM and Seokmin was crying as he closed her bedroom door behind him.


*SEOKMIN’S FLASHBACK* (Seokmin’s POV)

Stepping into the bakery, I let the smell of freshly baked bread envelope my senses. Taking a deep breath, I smile at the pleasant aroma. Going up to the counter, I smiled at my elder sister.

“My baby brother! Finally have time to come see your poor noona? Taking up all your time on your dearest girlfriend aren’t you?” She pinched my cheeks with force.

“OWW. Jeez noona control your strength! My cheeks are going to become flabby at this rate.” I pouted.

“Aw, I miss you too Seokmin. So, what should I get for you and your PRINCESS?” I widened my eyes. “How did you know I’m getting food for Jung Mi?” I asked.

“Oh please. Sisters know best. The look on your face exposed your true intentions. Psh you wouldn’t visit me even if the world ends unless your princess is craving for my beautifully made Green Tea Cheese Cake.” She rolled her eyes.

“You’re good. One Green Tea Cheese Cake and a sausage cheese roll please noona.” I ordered.

“Coming right up! But I gotta give credit to Jung Mi. She has good taste. It’s been such a long time since I saw her. How is she?” Jin Hee asked while preparing my order.

“The usual. She’s applying for universities now so she’s pretty worked up these few days. I wanted to buy something to cheer her up.” I rest my elbow on the counter and explained.

“Ah yes, university applications. Good thing I’m over that now. How about you? Don’t tell me you didn’t apply for any universities or mom and dad will decent from heaven and kick your for good.”

“You know how I am. I will but just not yet. Besides, I don’t have enough money to pay for the fees. I’ll just work a little longer.” I shrugged.

“Seokmin yah, you know I can just pay your university fees for you. I have enough money you know.” She packed up my order and placed it in a plastic bag.

“No Ji Hee, you have Taeyong to take care. The expenses would be too much for you to handle. Just leave it to me, I’ll study sooner or later. I made a promise to take good care of you and my dear nephew to mom and dad.” I smiled at my beautiful sister.

“Fine. Here’s your order! It’s on the house! Tell Jung Mi to not fret and just loosen up a little. And ask her to visit me too because I miss her okay!” She flicked my forehead, a habit she had since we were still kids.

I nodded and hugged my sister over the counter.

Walking out of my sister’s bakery, I went to fetch my bicycle, ready to head to Jung Mi’s house to cheer her up.

*15 minutes later*

I knocked on her door, waiting for her to greet me with her usual bright smile, or in these few days’ case, a gloomy forced smile.

There was no response after a long time, so I decided to retrieve the spare key that was under the door mat. “Very typical place to hide the keys to her house.” I chuckled to myself.

I sneaked into the house quietly, wanting to surprise her with her favourite pastries.

“…. No mother I will not leave Seokmin for anything.” I heard my name mentioned and froze on the spot.

The voice rang from the kitchen. It was Jung Mi’s voice. “Leave me? Why would she?” I was stunned. I crept behind the wall and peeped at the figure in the kitchen. She was talking with her mother with a serious tone.

“But honey. It’s your dream university! I thought you wanted to attend this ever since you were young? Please think rationally!” Jung Mi’s mother raised her voice, clutching a letter in her hands.

“Mother. I told you, I will never leave Seokmin. I can just apply for some local school of design. You can’t change my decision, let it be.” Jung Mi lowered her head.

“Shin Jung Mi! I did not raise you to act this way! This is your future we are talking about! Seokmin is just a guy along the way. Why would you put your future aside just for some boy you met in high school! This is not worth it! Your father would probably be crying in heaven just by seeing you right now!” At this point, Jung Mi’s mother slammed her fist on the kitchen table, causing Seokmin to flinch.

“Dad would have supported my decision!” Jung Mi screamed and tears started falling. My heart aches at the sight of that. I can never bear looking at her cry, it’s my fatal flaw.

Before anybody in the kitchen noticed me, I escaped the place silently. I couldn’t think, I couldn’t process what I just heard.

Jung Mi is planning to risk her future for me.

As much as I want to stay with her till forever comes, I couldn’t be so selfish.

I have to leave.

*End of Flashback*


Jung Mi had a good dream.

She woke up with a smile and smothered her messy hair. She reached for her clock on her night stand to check the time.

But instead of the clock, she found a letter in an envelope.

Picking it up, she examined the envelope. “Is this for me?” She thought. “Duh, of course it’s for me, silly.”

Pulling the letter from the envelope, she started reading the letter that was addressed to her.

“To: My Princess.” She read. “Ah, it must be from Seokmin, that dummy. Why did he leave me a letter when he can just text me.” She smiled.

But as she read on, she felt her heart drop and her lips trembled.

Standing up abruptly, she raced out of her house without bothering to change or greeting her mother who was cooking.

Climbing into a taxi, she told the driver to drive her to Seokmin’s house.

She read the letter over and over again, making sure that she wasn’t hallucinating, that there wasn’t any ‘just joking princess’ anywhere in between lines, that her boyfriend was just fooling around like always.

“To: My Princess.

You must be surprised, right? ‘Why would Seokmin write me a letter, that is so lame.’ This is what you think, right? I know you too well, Jung Mi.

I’ve known you for 5 years right? I remember how I met you like it was yesterday. You were drawing in the art room and it so happens, I went into the wrong room and stumble upon you. You told me to keep it a secret that you were secretly drawing because you think others would laugh at your dream of becoming a fashion designer. But I told you I admire your dreams. Would you believe me if I told you I’ve fallen for you since then? It’s love at first sight.

I know your dream university accepted you as a student. I also know you refuse to attend because you didn’t want to leave me. I know everything.

Your passion was designing, and you’re getting there. But I’m the obstacle. And I couldn’t bear stop you from achieving your goal. So this is me telling you this, Jung Mi. I’m leaving. I’m leaving so that you would stop thinking of me as a reason for you to stay, because you shouldn’t.

They say love is when you could make sacrifices for the one you truly care and love. It’s hard for me to leave you, I love you more than I should, to the point that I would willingly sacrifice my happiness in turn for yours. Anything for you.

I know I wouldn’t be able to truly smile again without you by my side. But knowing that you’re out there, achieving what you’ve been dreaming, achieving the goal you once told me about with that glint in your eyes, I know it’s all worth it.

Forgive me for forgetting my promise to take care of you forever, princess. It’s for the best.

Please don’t look for me, as I would be long gone by then. Promise me that after you read this, reply the university straight away without any regretful thoughts, okay?

Goodbye Jungmi. Please take good care of yourself. Without me, please remember to bring along your inhaler, please bring your sweater everywhere you go because I heard New York is really cold at times. Lastly, Jung Mi, my love, please forget about me and live a good life.

I love you, so much.

 

From: Lee Seokmin.”

 

Jung Mi banged on Seokmin’s door, pleading for him to answer her, but to no avail.

“Lee Seokmin! Come out this instance! Tell me this is a joke! Tell me you’re just kidding! I won’t get mad, I promise! I won’t shout at you, I won’t hit you, I won’t do anything, please just come out…” Jung Mi’s voice faded as she sat on the doormat, crying to herself.

The house was empty, the boy she love is gone. She sat helplessly on the ground, praying to God that he will appear in front of her and hold her close, like how he used to comfort her.

But she will not receive warm hugs or midnight cuddles anymore. Because she know he means it, that he left her so that she could pursue her dreams.

“Seokmin, come back, where ever you are. I love you, I miss you, I need you.” She whispered.

He’s not coming back.


Jung Mi dragged her baggage and adjusted her bag pack, with her mother behind her, talking on the phone to some relative.

She sighed as she checked her watch. Her flight to New York was 3 hours later but her mother insisted on coming early. “Just in case there’s some changes in the flight schedule.” Her mother nagged.

Sitting on a chair, she checked her mobile phone for messages.

She read all the good luck messages from her friends and replied to some of them.

“He didn’t text me.” She thought, disappointed.

“Jung Mi, honey, let’s check in your baggage, shall we?” Jung Mi’s mother made a grab for her baggage but she shook her head, and took her bags herself.

After an hour of wandering around shops aimlessly, it was finally time for her to enter the immigration gates, separating her from her mother this time.

She hugged her mother tightly and in return her mother kissed her forehead and caressed her cheek.

“My baby girl is all grown up now. Remember to call once you landed, okay? And remember to wear lots of clothing and eat well! If you need money you can always contact me, alright?” Jung Mi nodded and only realized how old and tired her mother looked.

“Goodbye mother, please visit me when you have time, promise?” Jung Mi held out her pinky finger. Her mother did the same and hooked their fingers together.

Leaving her mother was worse than she had thought. She held her tears because she didn’t want her mother to worry about her.

Standing in line, she waved once again at her mother and blew a kiss.

Suddenly, Jung Mi felt a vibration. It was her phone. She received a message from an unknown number.

She opened the message with an odd look.

“From: Unknown

Princess, good luck on your studies. Remember what I told you. Please take care of yourself. I will always love you, even if you don’t, remember that. Good bye, see you soon.” She read.

Jung Mi smiled to herself in content.

“Goodbye Seokmin pabo, I will always love you, too. Till we meet again.” She whispered to herself and trudged into the gates.


{A/N}

WOOOOOOOO THANKS FOR READING THIS.

I FEEL LIKE IT HAVEN'T END LOL

IDK MAYBE THERE WOULD BE A SEQUEL TO THIS??

YOU WILL NEVERR KNOWW.

Okay guys, I hope you liked this one shot ^^/

-shunandseokie