Open Hearts

Open Hearts

Renji was lying in the rain all beaten up behind the school building, feeling lost. Suddenly he hears footsteps in the puddles approaching him slowly. There he hears a sweet gentle voice from a female, "Are you alright?" The girl couldn't do anything or couldn't find any help so all she could do was handing him her umbrella and bandaged his face. The girl smiled at him, "Here, you can take it, I think you need it the most. Please be careful next time." With just that, the girl left him alone. "Ah, wa--" She's gone. 

What is it like to fall in love with somebody? I have never felt this way for anyone before. Why is it her that makes me feel unsettled? 

"Renji, let's go out. You should come over my place. How about it?" The girl clinged onto Renji's arm. Who's he? He's the school's one and only prince. With great looks with a family background who status are very high, leading him to live a simple life, attracting many people. He slightly push the girl away, "I'm not in the mood." He walked away from the girls and all you could hear was their complaining and crying. "You're never in the mood for anything, Renji!"  How annoying. 

There he stood looking out the window, he sees a girl outside, sitting alone on the bench. A familiar face and then he realizes, its her. He ran down stairs and out to the back school. Breathing heavily, he approached the girl and stood still. The girl turned to look at him in surprise, "Ah, is something wrong?" Renji hesitently went closer to the girl, suddenly reaching his hands towards her. "My name is Renji! I think I'm in love!" He bowed. The girl giggled and took his hand and shook it. Renji looked up, blushing with a stunned face as the girl was shaking his hand. "Hello, Renji. My name is Hina and I'm sorry, but maybe we should start out as friends first? So, why don't you sit next to me and how about we get to know each other more?" Hina had a warm smile on her face as Renji nervously sat down next to her. He had never felt this way for any other girl, it was a first. 

"Oh, Renji, you came today also?" They made a promise to meet each other every school day. The more they see each other often, the more they had fallen for each other. "Say, Renji, why do you like me?" Renji dropped his water bottle and turn to look at her. "Wha-- ah, well that day in the rain, you saved me and you were so kind to me, it was more like love at first sight....after that day, when I saw you, I was surprised to see you again, on this bench. I was so nervous....and suddenly confessed to you, but you rejected me and the more I talk to you, the more I want to make you mine." Renji looked down to the ground, with an awkward silence, he started to blush. Then he heard a slight small giggle, he looked up, "Maybe, I should think about your confession and answer you later. Would you like that?" she said. He stood up by a surprise and bowed to her, "Don't worry, I can wait for your answer! So, take your time!" 

"Renji, where are you always running away too? Why haven't you hang with us anymore? I've been lonely you know." Renji tried to pull the girl away, but she gripped onto his arm tightly and attempted to kiss him, pulling him close to her body. The girl looked over and sees Hina standing at the door. "Ah, um, I'm sorry. Was I disturbing something?" Hina backed away slowly. "Ah, Hina! It's not what it looks like!" What am I saying? I sounded like I was caught cheating by my girlfriend "Get off of me," He pushed the girl out of the way and ran after Hina. Where did she go? Hina.....

The time had pass and the days went by quickly. "What's wrong, Renji?" Renji walked pass the girls. All he could think about was Hina. Hina, where are you? 

Renji wandered around the halls and ended up outside the back school. Where he stands was the bench that he and Hina sat on. He quietly sits on the bench and sighed, looking up to the sky. "Renji? ah." He quickly turned and stood up. "Hina!" She hesitently turned around, but as soon as she was about to run away, Renji reached out and caught holding onto her hand. "Wait, Hina, don't go...."  She paused and turned facing him. He pulled her into his arm and embraced her tightly. "Renji...." Silence, again. "Hina...." he pulled her away a little and look into her eyes. "Hina, I'm going to ask you again - please go out with me." She nervously looked down to the ground. "Renji, I don't know anymore..." he let her go. "It's okay, I understand. I'll leave you alone from now on." 

It hurts.... 

Another week pass, Renji couldn't sleep nor could he eat either. "Renji, why haven't you been touch your food yet, sweetie? I'm worried about you." His mom gave him a worried look. "I'm not hungry, that's all. I lost my appetite." Pushing his plate, his mom sighed. "That's what you say everyday. Tell me what's wrong." Renji got out of his seat and replied to her with one word, "Nothing."

He checked his phone, appeared a text message from his friend. "Aye, hurry up and come to the party! The girls are complaining and asking where you at." he sighed and grabbed his coat. When he walked out of the house, there stood a female figure.

"You..."

There stood Hina infront of his gate. He was speechless and couldn't move. "I'm sorry for coming here all of a sudden, I asked one of your friends for your address...I just wanted to tell you something before I go back." He was dumbfounded and sighed. "Fine, make it quick. I got a party to attend to." Hina was nervously squeezing onto her sweater, "I heard from you friend that you haven't been coming to school. Was it because of me? Listen, Renji...do you really want to know how I feel?" she looked at him straight in the eye. "To be honest, I thought you were just joking around with me when you confessed to me. I mean, who would go out with such a plain girl like me? You see, I was just insecure. Seeing all these pretty girls surrounding you, I feel as if I don't belong anywhere." Renji couldn't believe his ears. Why now? Why are you saying this now?  He show'd a painful face and he slowly walked towards her. As he approached her, he slowly her hair gently to her face and kissed her. A warm soft feeling between their sweet lips. Parting lips, he looked her in the eyes, "Quit messing with my heart. You got me all stir up, yearning for you everyday. I won't let you go this time....." Hina blushed and hugged onto Renji tightly. "Yeah..."

 

[ Welp, that was all folks~ It seemed a bit rushed, but if I didn't, then there would have been more chapters when this is supposed to just be a one-shot, hurhur. ]

(‿◠)~♡♡