Stealing Glances

Don't Leave

A/N: Thank you again for your support guys! I really appreciate it hehe. School is over in about three weeks so hopefully I'll be able to update more at that time. Hoho. Enjoy!

Sunmi was close to passing out in her chair as her make-up unnie fixed her up for that morning’s live broadcast. It was a wonder she hadn’t had to fix up her make-up over and over again considering that she was certain that she was sweating bullets. She kept checking herself in the mirror to be certain that the make-up unnie wasn’t mistaken.

Any moment during that morning’s schedule she could bump into Taeyeon and she could either make a complete fool of herself again or be charming, like the version of herself in her head. The version of her that would recite clever pick up lines that she’s read on the internet and the version of her that could wink without make it look like she was twitching.

Sometimes she wondered how she could be an idol when she can’t even meet face to face with her own like a normal human being.

“She’s interested in you,” Yubin told her in the car but Sunmi refused to believe it.

Yubin insisted that she was telling the truth and even waggled her eye brows suggestively. But Sunmi would cover her ears, refusing to eat up the lies and get her hopes up.

“We’re on in ten minutes girls,” Sunye announced, walking into the dressing room with Yeeun behind her. Sunmi let out a sigh before looking at the clock. If she was to leave the room she could most definitely see her.

“Oh by the way Mimi,” Yeeun started as she took a seat next to Yubin who was texting away on her phone, “Taeyeon passed by and told me to tell you to check your phone.”

How could she forget to check her phone?

Sunmi twitched as her eyes immediately looked around for her cell. She was too occupied with thinking about her possible encounter with the woman today that she didn’t even think that she would text her.

But then she paused and allowed her cheeks to grow red.

“She texted me?” Sunmi asked as she reached over for her phone. It was next to Sohee, who was closing her eyes on a couch.

“Yeah, a few minutes ago I believe,” Yenny responded, a smirk tugging on her lips. She exchanged looks with the rest of her members before chuckling at Sunmi’s flustered expression.

“Come on, I told you she’s interested in you,” Yubin spoke out, leaning forward from her position on the couch to eye Sunmi. “You gotta trust in your unnie, you know.”

The younger girl finally released the breath she had been holding in since Yenny told her what Taeyeon said. She wondered if she’d be this anxious every time Taeyeon sent her a message. God, that probably wouldn’t be a good idea.

Come to our dressing room after your performance. It’s room 204, just down the hallway. Fighting!

Sunmi’s face somehow felt even hotter and Sohee, who suddenly appeared next to her, began to fan her.

“Did she ask you on a date?” she asked quietly, a small smile on her lips.

Sunmi shook her head furiously, her face only turning hotter and hotter until she eventually felt like she needed to jump into a bucket of ice.

“Sh-She wants me to come to their dressing room after we go up,” Sunmi admitted sheepishly, still staring at her phone screen in surprise.

“Oh dear, does this mean we have to give our baby the talk?” Sunye asked Yenny, holding her hand and looking at her with concern.

“I think we might have to umma,” Yenny responded with a nod.

Yubin burst into laughter and Sohee had to hold Sunmi back to prevent her from kicking the older girl.

Their manager knocked on the door, alerting them that it was time to perform.

The girls immediately responded before heading out the door.

Everyone outside, from other idols to staff members, greeted them and wished them luck on their way to the stage. Sunmi was focused on her breathing, making sure that she could give her all for this performance. She recited the lyrics again in her head but was interrupted by a hand tapping her shoulder.

She turned to bow to yet another idol who was probably wishing her luck and was surprised to make eye contact with a certain somebody.

Taeyeon raised her fist in a gesture of good wishes and Sunmi smiled so widely that she thought her face would rip open.

---

“You did so well today,” Sohee complimented, swinging her hand that held so tightly onto Sunmi’s. “If you end up successful with Taeyeon unnie does that mean you’ll always be this energetic?”

The smaller girl elbowed her best friend as she did all the talking. They were on their way to the SNSD dressing room, Sunmi having begged Sohee to walk her there.

“Oh God,” Sunmi mumbled, not responding to Sohee at all but clutching her close, “What do I do?”

“I think knocking would be a good idea,” Sohee replied with a smirk, “Anyway, Yubin unnie promised to bring me ice cream so I should be heading back.”

“Wait, I want ice cream!” Sunmi whined, looking at the other girl with distress.

“Well aren’t you getting dessert right now?” Sohee retorted, sticking her tongue out before fleeing to their own dressing room.

“Who’s been teaching her those things?” Sunmi whispered to herself, face flushed and eyes wide. “Yubin unnie is corrupting my Sohee again.”

“Oh, Sunmi-sshi?”

The sudden voice startled Sunmi and she almost jumped and almost lost balance on her heels. She turned to see SNSD’s maknae at the door and immediately bowed.

“Taeyeon unnie said you’d come by,” she greeted with a sweet smile. She opened the door and Sunmi could see that there were only about three or four girls inside, “I’m going to visit a friend of mine, come on in.”