Your Biggest Fan

Don't Leave

A/N: I'm going to try out a different kind of format for this story. Instead of it being divided into chapters, I will divide it by scenes. If that makes sense...Anyway thank you so much for the support already!!! I hope you enjoy the first part~

It all started the second recording was done on Chin Chin Radio.

Sunmi let out the breath she had been holding in ever since it was revealed how much she liked the host, Taeyeon of Girls’ Generation. She didn’t mind it before when she herself had admitted it in an interview. Who knew if Taeyeon would actually hear about it? And it seemed like such a light comment considering hey, idols liked other idols all the time.

But this was a little different. Yubin even pointed it out herself. At the time she was easily able to hide the glare she was directing solely at Yubin, the girl who just rubbed in how much she admired the older girl. She knows she felt the glare because she smirked back before giving the younger girl a wink.

What was that girl thinking?

Was Taeyeon able to recognize the clear innuendo in her words? Sunmi was able to hear the light snickering coming from her group mates.

But she shook her head. She doubted Taeyeon cared enough to think into the comments too much. After all, such a wonderful person was probably used to compliments and shy fans.

Kangin was calling all the girls together again after their little water break to take a commemorative photo, both for them and the fans.

Sunye, who had quickly ran to the washroom agreed whole heartedly and Yeeun joined in on her cheering.

Sunmi flinched when she felt a hand on her shoulder and nearly passed out when her gaze met with the owner of that hand.

“T-T-T-Taeyeon unnie?” Sunmi spat out, crashing into the chair behind her when she took a step back. She prayed the noise didn’t attract any unnecessary attention.

“Hello to you too, Sunmi,” Taeyeon greeted with a laugh that caused Sunmi’s head to spin, “Come on, let’s stand next to each other for the picture.”

The younger girl looked around for Yubin, wondering if she set this whole thing up. She wasn’t sure if she was supposed to thank the older girl or strangle her for allowing her to be so embarrassed. She briefly touched her face to see how hot she was and she wanted to know if she was red. Why weren’t there any mirrors in there?

Sohee came up to her other side and held her arm, giving her best friend a reassuring smile.

“Calm down, won’t you?” she whispered, shaking her head at the other girl. “You’re gonna blow your shot.”

Shot? Shot at what?

“Kimchi!” Sunye yelled out for the entire group.

Taeyeon’s grip tightened and she leaned in a little closer. Sunmi thinks that she smiled, but she wasn’t sure because most of her energy was focused on calming down her heart beat.

The girls and Kangin all ran up to the camera after to see how it turned out, well, all except for Sunmi who was trying to regain her composure the second Taeyeon let go of her. She felt a little dumb, like a little girl having met her dream idol except, she wasn’t a little boy and in their world, Taeyeon really was just another girl.

And that’s probably how she saw Sunmi too. Just another girl.

Sunmi sat in the lobby of the broadcast building with Sohee snoozing on her shoulder. The day was painfully long and Sunmi as glad to provide a pillow for her tired friend.

She watched from afar as Yeeun, Sunye and Yubin casually talked to Taeyeon. They really looked like they were having fun. From the looks of it, Sunye had just told a joke and it was probably the funniest thing ever with the way everyone was clutching onto their stomachs so tightly.

Taeyeon’s mouth was open so wide and her laugh was the loudest. She was holding onto Yubin and nearly dragged her down with her when she crouched down in laughter.

Sunmi wished she could join in. She bit her lip and imagined the different scenarios of her making a complete fool of herself.

Yubin told her that Taeyeon would love her if they had the chance to talk. Sunmi couldn’t risk the older girl finding her annoying though.

“No one could ever find you annoying,” Sunye did her best to encourage her.

Sunmi was about to reminisce on all the almost moments where she could have befriended the older girl and all the moments her team mates egged her on. But then her eyes registered her unnies and Taeyeon coming over.

Oh God.

“Sohee-yah wake up,” Yeeun shook the younger girl and once Sohee opened her eyes, yanked her up.

“We’ll be heading to the van first Mimi,” Sunye said with a wink and within a few seconds, Taeyeon and Sunmi were alone.

“Did that just happen?” Sunmi mumbled before gasping and covering her own mouth in shock. Did she really just say that out loud? She was going to kill her unnies!

Taeyeon just laughed at her before handing the younger girl a piece of paper.

“You’re really cute, Sunmi,” she complimented before patting the girl on the head, “Here’s my number. Text me any time, okay? I know you really seem to like your hair, but I hope the next time we see each other, I can see more of your face.”

Sunmi’s throat went dry as her sweaty hands gripped the paper so tight, she wouldn’t be surprised if the ink had washed off already. She was kicking herself mentally, trying so hard to think of something, anything to say to the older girl.

Taeyeon just laughed again and it didn’t help Sunmi at all with her predicament. The older girl’s dorky laugh was one of her favourite things and she only became more and more at a loss for words.

“I’m sorry but I have to go now. Kangin and I need to discuss some things with the PD-nims,” she smiled apologetically before stepping back. “I’ll be waiting for your message!”

Everything went black.