Final

Two Fools


***
Those words are lingering in my mouth again today, loving you – Two Fools
***

' 내 오랜 친구 로 때론 연인 처럼 내 곁에 있는 너 loving you ... '
( Sometimes like an old friend , sometimes like a lover , you are right by me , loving you ... ')

Lee Boram’s soft voice filling all over the shop. That’s a BGM of a scene ; a girl sitting in the corner of the coffee shop with an opened laptop in front of her , there was a cup of milk tea that has been halved next to it. The girl let out a sigh, staring at the white thing that fell from the sky. Waiting for a person who she hope would come in a good condition at this snowy night. She would feel very guilty if something happens to him. That girl was the one who forced him to come here just to be with her. Just to sit in front of her and watched her writing another story.

The love that everyone else has
Is a bit different for me

Her eyes were widened when her eyes catch an image in the outside of the window. The man who she had been waiting for came. The girl could see him walk across the street with a gray scarf around his neck. Her lips formed a smile in a second , seeing him getting closer to her.

Her hands waved to that guy when his pair of short legs just stepped in through the door of the shop, bringing him closer to her desk. His lips develop a warm smile . A smile that could melt snow out there .

"Sorry for making you waiting so long." His warm voice filling her ear as his body slumped in front of the girl. While the girl just could smile and shook her head, lied. The clock in the corner of the room could only laugh silently because of this innocent girl had just assume that one hour waiting him is not long.

"Good then, there are some matters that I need to finish. I'm afraid you waited too long." His hand rubbed the top of that girl’s head. Giggling together in sync, as if something funny happen. But there was nothing happen. They just so happy to see each other.

I have a love that I can not even express
I only say it in my heart
I only touch it in my thoughts

The man, Yoongi, always worried about the girl who is now sitting in front of him as his own little sister. No one knows that pale-skinned guy think. But, he always treat Jii – that’s how Yoongi called her – like a little girl . Even after they graduated from high school, even after their ages began with the number 2. Yoongi still treat her like a ten-year-old child .

Choosed to keep his feelings to himself. He did not want to share it though with the girl he loves. No, Jii no longer a little girl who share her lunch box in elementary school. She has grown to be the girl who took all of Yoongi’s attention. The young man knew exactly what he was feeling. He's just too stupid not even know how to reveal it.

"So , what shall we do today? As usual?"
Jii’s head nodded as an answer to the man in front of her who was busy took notes and a pen from his bag. Again, a warm smile filled her vision before Yoongi’s heads down and started  to work on a few lines of text in front of him. And with that, the shoulder-length haired girl started to focused on her laptop to continue her story.

As usual , they would meet at the shop just to sitting face to face and busy dealing with their own business. Just because them both are hate to write alone.

Yoongi would busy with the song lyrics in his notes, wrote a song about school and social life because he just too embarrassed to write a song for Jii. While the girl in front of him was braver to write a fictional story about her friend who had been turned into a man who came to her dream regularly. Changing his name to ' 슈가 ' with  his partner ' 사탕 ' . Yes , sugar and sweets . Apparently she was also not brave enough to show her feelings.

Why do they have to always say that they just meet up to write together? Was make an appointment with a reason to see each other too hard to say? Was honestly said ‘I miss you’ too hard to express?

You still have not figured it out
No matter how much I try , you do not know

A pair of these childhood friends quiet happily to grow up side by side. They have same hobby; writing. Although they write differently , even though they just sitting side by side and silent. But , Jii and Yoongi greatly appreciate every second they spend together.

The friction sound of Yoongi’s pen and paper combined with the tapping sound of Jii’s finger and keyboard, the coffee shop atmosphere that they observed together along from a desk in the corner of the room. Or even when Yoongi took her to the studio, let Jii see how he finished his song. They appreciate all of it. But, when will they aware of one's feelings on their side? The feeling is so close. However untouched.

Because I'm a wordless fool , I live like this

Both pairs of their legs leaving the coffee shop that started to close. Making footprints in snow-covered roads. Waving their hands in rhythm, and when the backs of their hands when accidentally touched, Jii would pull her hand in reflex. Holding the sling bag in her shoulder. Despite the thick gloves leather wrap her hand. However, the feeling is strong enough to penetrate through her heart.

Silence. No other than the sound of their shoes that stepped on the road. There are no vehicles passing through the path at this late night. Stars and moon are choose to silence too, hiding behind the black cloud up there , giving time for the two fools down here. Wish they would say what should be said.

However , their hopes in vain. No sound was heard again. There was no 'Good night' greeting or a warm hug before she stepped into the house. Only their hands were waving toward each other with a warm smile that they always have to each other. Just like that. And their meeting just like already come to an end today.

I'm like this because I'm afraid I will not ever see him again
And I'm worried that this will just end as a one- sided love

The girl sighed , leaning her back on the door. Let the wooded plank hold her body for a while, to help her legs which could not hold her weight again. Her feelings, her feelings towards Yoongi feels so heavy. Untill when will she keep this feeling?

'Knock. Knock. Knock' There was a knock behind her back. Widen her eyes, straightened her legs to see who had dared to disturb her when she is adjusting her heartbeat to returns to normal beats. One of her small eyes narrowed, while the other peering through the peep hole only to see the man of her dreams there. Bowing, holding his knees, panting as if he had just completed a marathon to pursue his love. Pursuing Jii’s love? The girl should not too much imagining.

Moving her hand to opened the wooden door, open the barrier between the two. Staring at Yoongi in wonder, Jii choose to hide her heart that started pounding uncontrollably – again.

Tried to control his breath, Yoongi chose not to say anything. Two pairs of their eyes  let them talk to each other. Through every blink, their message already conveyed. Maybe?

I do not know , but it seems Yoongi can not always rely on the possibility. His short-legs stepped towards Jii.

"See me," a pair of hands perched on her shoulder, tightly. But do not hurt her, " I know I can’t  express my feelings in a good way. But , I can’t hold it anymore. I like you. I love you. " Slowly he said each of the sentence. Let Jii carefully read his lips movement. But , why Jii shook her head slowly? Could it be really what he saw?

"I know , you can not be like me. I just wanted you to know my feelings. " His head down in limp, releasing his grip on the girl's shoulder gently. Despair.

But it seems didn’t love Yoongi is the reason that made Jii shook her head. She took her cell phone, type in a few words there and there before show it to Yoongi.

'Not that I do not like you. I just can’t say ' I love you '. I can’t be the first to hear your music , I can’t sing with you. I can only read your lips movement.'

"I don’t care ," the handsome face lifted again, a light began to shine in his face when the sentence filling his mind , "I don’t care if you can speak or not, I don’t care if you can’t hear me. My feeling to you don’t need to be listened to , I'm sure you can feel it . "

A pair of his lips touched the gir 's lips gently when he complete his sentence. Sealing his says under the snow, and when the girl kiss him back. That's when Yoongi know, they have the same feeling.

Because of loving you
Those words are lingering in my mouth again today
Loving you