Perfectly You: On Wedding Day

Special Chapter[s]
December 12th, 2012
 
Yoseob leans to the wall, waiting for Jiyeon who is finishing her make up. He keeps taking a glance of the time, feeling impatient.
 
"I'm done," Jiyeon steps out from the make up room with her beautiful white long dress. She is holding a bouquet of white roses.
 
Yoseob smiles and straightens his body, ready to leave with the car. He opens the door for Jiyeon, letting her enters the car first.
 
"Finally," Jiyeon mutters when the driver starts the engine. "It's the day."
 
"Yeah," Yoseob makes a forced smile on his lips. "Finally."
 
Today is Kyuri's wedding day.

She is going to be Gikwang's wife soon.
 
Since she accepted Gikwang's proposal last year on her birthday, Yoseob has been trying his best to move on, forgetting his feeling towards Kyuri. He gets closer with Jiyeon now, knowing that she is actually a sweet girl with stubborn attitude.
 
When he received the invitation letter from Jiyeon, he felt as if a knife just stabbed his heart. How came he is still hurting because of Kyuri?
 
He is working the best with his vocal training so he can pass the audition to become an artist of talent agency. He also tries to love Jiyeon more than he loves Kyuri.
 
But it's really difficult.
 
They arrive at the building for wedding ceremony in less than twenty minutes. Yoseob has been here yesterday with Jiyeon because Jiyeon would be Kyuri's bridesmaid.
 
It will be a small party, with only some of Junhyung's and Jiyeon's friends, acquiantances of her parents, and friends of Gikwang. The guests are only less than 100 persons. Kyuri wants the party to be private yet memorable one.
 
"I will see Kyuri now," Jiyeon says. "The party will be started in less than an hour."
 
"Sure," Yoseob nods, telling her that he will be waiting for her at the ballroom.
 
"Are you sure you don't want to meet her first?" she tilts her head, waiting for his answer.
 
Yoseob shakes his head, "I will see her soon. Let Junhyung to be the first man who will see her in her bridal gown."
 
Jiyeon giggles and bids goodbye to him, leaving him at the lobby to meet Kyuri. She takes care of Kyuri with Junhyung more since the day Kyuri has been Gikwang's official fiancee.
 
Yoseob is glad with the fact that she has moved on from loving Gikwang; she really cares about Yoseob now. He hopes he can do the same for her soon; because he can't do it for now.
 
Yoseob waits patiently at the ballroom, taking one of the seats there after writing his name on the guest book. Kyuri and Gikwang didn't do prewedding photoshoot so they don't have any photos hanged around the ballroom now.
 
He wants to see Kyuri. He wants to stay with her. But on top of that, he wants her to be his bride, not someone else's bride.
 
In less than an hour, more and more guests keep coming and make the ballroom full now. Yoseob waits patiently for Jiyeon. It's weird that she hasn't contacted him at all.
 
"Oppa," Jiyeon approaches him when the clock hits 7 PM. She has a panic tone within her words.
 
"What took you so long?" Yoseob mutters. "Is everything alright?"
 
She takes a seat next to him, having a worried expression on her face, "Gikwang Oppa has a sudden meeting."
 
"WHAT?!" Yoseob hisses. How could Gikwang think of a meeting on his own wedding day?
 
"Because of a mistake by his worker, he needs to attend the meeting or his company will be closed soon. Kyuri insisted that he needs to attend the meeting," Jiyeon explains. "He will return back as soon as possible."
 
"What will Kyuri do now?" Yoseob frowns. "The guests are waiting. Even your parents are waiting on the stage with Gikwang's parents too."
 
He is right. Both of their parents are sitting on the chairs prepared on the stage, leaving two white chairs in the middle for the Kyuri and Gikwang.
 
"She will step in the room in ten minutes," Jiyeon says. "She will try to fill the session with something. I don't know what though."
 
She quickly leaves Yoseob to help Kyuri. Within ten minutes, there she is, walking to the stage with her white bridal gown.
 
Yoseob can't take his eyes off of Kyuri now; looking at her beautiful face and petite figure, wrapped with the elegant bridal gown. Kyuri flashed a smile to him before she sits on the chair which is prepared for her.
 
Yoseob bites his bottom lip, feeling anxious. Gikwang hasn't showed up yet even after Kyuri gave her opening speech, thanking the guests for coming to the party.
 
Thirty minutes have passed and Gikwang hasn't returned yet. The audiences have started to talk about the situation, about the groom, about the empty session. Yoseob can see that Kyuri is worrying about the condition as well.
 
With his intuition, Yoseob stands up and walks to the stage, taking the microphone from the confused MC because of his sudden movement.
 
"Good evening, everyone," he clears his throat awkwardly, avoiding Kyuri's eyes on him. "My name is Yang Yoseob."
 
All of the guests are focusing at him now, wondering what this man will do.
 
"I'm the bride's childhood friend," he continues. "My father is Kyuri's father's work partner, that was the first reason I get along with Kyuri. My father taught me to protect her."
 
Suddenly the pianist plays gentle melodies and Yoseob keeps continuing his words, "I promised her that I will never make her sad. I promised her that I will  cherish her."
 
Yoseob turns to look at Kyuri, giving her a comforting smile, "She is not as healthy as other girls. She needs special treatment due to her weak body. That's why I kept visiting her every time I could."
 
"She is a really warm and friendly girl," Yoseob looks at the audiences again. "She loves to play piano. She loves to look at the night sky. She loves to collect pictures and puts them in an album, treasuring the memories."
 
"Kyuri had her tough moments. She had suffered a lot until this happiest day comes to her. Gikwang, her fiancee, is a really gentle and perfect man for Kyuri. They are meant to be together," Yoseob forces another smile.
 
"Maybe Kyuri is not the most beautiful woman in this world. Maybe Gikwang is not the most handsome man in this world. Maybe they are not the flawless couple," Yoseob tries to fight back his own tears; he can't cry. Not now. "But today is the happiest day for them. Today will be the most memorable day for them."
 
Yoseob is going to say his thought loud for the last time, to tell the others and convince Kyuri herself, that he still loves her. At first, he was doing this to fill the empty session of the party, waiting for the groom. He couldn't let Kyuri worried about everything by herself.
 
But then he lets a sad and forced smile on his face when he sees Gikwang is opening the door; he just returned from the emergency meeting in his white tuxedo.
 
"...and I will always be her one and only best friend, supporting her with her prince," Yoseob speaks out. "Please welcome, Lee Gikwang, the happiest man of the day."
 
The audiences turn around their heads to look at Gikwang. He walks to the stage, giving his best smile to the audiences.
 
Gikwang and Yoseob did a high five quickly before Yoseob returns to his seat, with Jiyeon is sitting next to him. Gikwang stands still, waiting for the MC to call for Kyuri and start the real wedding party.
 
Yoseob looks at Kyuri; she is wiping her tears away; she is crying, touched because of Yoseob's words. She knows how much Yoseob cares for her; even though she may be not know how much Yoseob still loves her.
 
The wedding party goes on.
 
Yoseob stands up when Kyuri and Gikwang will do their wedding vow. He takes the microphone and ready to sing his song, the one he promised to Gikwang and Junhyung, who is now standing next to the stage, looking at him silently..
 
"This song is special dedicated for Kyuri," Yoseob says. "Requested by Gikwang, her groom, and Junhyung, her beloved brother."
 
The melodies start, making Kyuri's heart to skip a beat.
 
She knows this song.
 
The song Yoseob sang at the school festival.
 
"Noon ddeuneun soongan mal upshi ddeo oreun saram
Waenji geuge joaseo geunyang ooseotjyeo"
 
The one that appears in mind, without a word, the moment I open my eyes
For some reason I liked that, so I just laughed
 
"Babbeun haroo-eh gapjagi goonggeumhan saram
Jakkoo noon-eh barbhyeoseo shingihaetjyeo"
 
The one that I suddenly wonder about during a busy day
It was interesting how she kept haunting my thoughts
 
"(Geudaengayo) Nae an-eh joyonghage saneun han saram
(Geudaengayo) Geuge cham deundeunhan ddo han saram"
 
(Is it you?) The one person quietly living inside me
(Is it you?) Another person who’s truly dependable
 
"Saengakman haneundedo nae mam hanjjokeun
Haetsali naerideut ddaddeuthaejyeoyo"
 
Even just thinking about it, one side of my heart
Warms up, as if the sun is shining on it
 
"Cham akkigo itjyeo geu sarameul akkyeoyo
Geu sarami joaseo ama i goseseo tae-eo natnabwa
Neul saranghandan mal eonjena bogoshipdan mal
Geu mallon hangsang boojokhal mankeum geu sarameul akkyeoyo"
 
I truly cherish her, I cherish that person
Perhaps I was born here because I like that person
The words: I always love you, the words: I’m always missing you
As much as those words are always inadequate, I cherish that person
 
"Honjaitneun bam gapjagi bogoshipeul ddaen
Machi soomeul chamdeushi mami bukchajyeo"
 
The nights when I’m by myself, when I suddenly miss her
As if I’m holding my breath, my feelings are overwhelming
 
"Gireul geotdaga gwaenseureh geokjeongii dwaeseo
Bal georeumeul meomchoogo saengak haetjyeo"
 
As I walked along the streets, I became uselessly worried
I froze in my steps, absorbed in my thoughts.
 
"(Geudaengayo) Nae an-eh joyonghage saneun han saram
(Geudaengayo) Geuge cham deundeunhan ddo han saram"
 
(Is it you?) The one person quietly living inside me
(Is it you?) Another person who’s truly dependable
 
"Saengakman haneundedo nae mam hanjjokeun
Haetsali naerideut ddaddeuthaejyeoyo"
 
Even just thinking about it, one side of my heart
Warms up, as if the sun is shining on it
 
"Cham akkigo itjyeo geu sarameul akkyeoyo
Geu sarami joaseo ama i goseseo tae-eo natnabwa
Neul saranghandan mal eonjena bogoshipdan mal
Saranghagido mojaran naldeul"
 
I truly cherish her, I cherish that person
Perhaps I was born here because I like that person
The words: I always love you, the words: I’m always missing you
The days when I didn’t love her enough
 
"Cham akkigo itjyeo geu sarameul akkyeoyo
Saranghandaneun malloneun da halsoo upneun soojoonghamiijyeo
Geu saram gyeoteseo jamdeulgo ggaersoo itdamyeon
Nae modeungeol da sseodo dwaelmankeum
Geu sarameul akkyeoyo"
 
I truly cherish her, I truly cherish that person
How I value her, it can’t be capture completely by the words I love you
If I could fall asleep an wake up to that person
To the point that it’s fine even I were completely used up I cherish that person.
 
"Be happy," Yoseob whispers in the end of the song.
 
A single tear has escaped from his eyes but he manages to hide it quickly, returning to his seat.
 
It's time for him to let go of Kyuri truly.
 
He looks at Kyuri, done with the wedding vow. She is going to kiss Gikwang as the proof to seal their wedding vow.
 
"It's you," Yoseob mutters slowly when Jiyeon leaves her seat to take a photo with Kyuri. "Thank you for being my love."
 
"Perfectly you."

Photobucket