Her Life

Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

By the way, I forgot to introduce myself; I’m Park Sandara, 26 years old. I’ve been living 10 years of my life in LA, California and I’m currently having 100 days’ vacation here in Korea together with the 2 of the most important people of my life whom I truly cherish.

Yeah, a vacation, but it doesn’t feel like a vacation. It feels like HOME. I’M HOME.

I’m single but NOT yet ready to mingle because simply I’ve got a lot of things to do. You read that right. I AM SINGLE. I know what you guys think and I’m used to that. 

People always thought that Donghae’s my husband and Hyun is my son. Well, I love that concept. Errr.. except for Donghae’s part. I mean he’s a great guy but I only see him as my best buddy. Since I moved to LA, he’s been one of my few friends there. I could say I didn’t have any other choice since he’s my cousin’s brother in law and the only one I could freely talk to because he speaks and understands Korean language. Well, he’s Korean alright.

My first 3 years in LA was so bad that I couldn’t talk to anyone. Well, there’s Bom, my cousin, but she always hangs out with her friends. I was really not good in speaking English that time and I’m TOTALLY an INTROVERT. I don’t socialize well. Even back in Korea, I only had few friends. Then in my 4th year of stay, I met Donghae through my cousin. His Hyung was my cousin’s boyfriend at that time. Obviously we frequently hang out. Donghae was the one I’ve been pouring my anxieties on since he understands me. He’s been my best friend ever since. Even though we’ve been hanging out for just 6 years, shorter than I spent with my few friends in Korea, I could say he knows me more than I know myself and more than anyone else. I just can’t understand how easily he can read me. He says that we’re soulmates that’s why he can easily look through me but BOO, I don’t believe him. I’m tough like that.

I want to clarify things first. Hyunwoo here is Donghae’s hyung, Lee Minho, and my cousin’s, Park Minyoung, son. He’s Lee Hyun Woo, “Hyun” for short. He’s only 5 years old. We always take care of him, most of the time actually. Hyun’s parents are always very busy; they always went out for business trips. They only see each other every two months but his parents never fail to show their love for him. I pity my nephew. He grew up having only a little time with his parents. I know deep down he’s sad and misses his parents so much. I can feel what he feels because it was the same sad feeling that my best friend, whom I left here in Korea, felt every day when his parents are away. That’s why I agreed to his request by calling me mommy and Donghae daddy; at least he won’t be lacking attention that his parents should have given him. It was strange at first but as time went by I got used to it. I grew attached to hyun that he’s like a real son to me.

People really thought that we’re a family. Hyun’s teacher even thought that we’re really his parents since Hyun looks like us. Duhh! Hyun’s sharing each of our family’s genes; of course he will look like us. He has fair share of each of his parent’s looks. He’s really adorable and cute.

People find him very cute and pinch him when they got a chance. He even had a diaper commercial when he was still 2. His parents didn’t know about it since they were busy that time and believe me it was all Donghae’s idea. Until now, Hyun’s parents are still oblivious of it. I guess when Hyun’s parents will know about that little incident courtesy of us, surely his Dad will flip Donghae upside down. Hyun’s dad is really overprotective. He acts like the mother than my cousin. REALLY. And I’m sure my cousin will just laugh and even call the advertising company to give her a copy of her son’s advertisement. How opposite right? Well, opposites really do attract.

I envy my cousin. She has a loving husband already and a very cute son. How I wish I’ll get married soon too and have children.

Speaking of Marriage, If I wasn’t a coward back then I’m sure I’m already married now. I got a marriage proposal ten years ago but I declined more likely ran away. I was literally shocked that day. To think I’m only 16 and he’s 17. Pathetic right?

 

FLASHBACK

10 years ago

Author’s POV

There in a park, a girl waiting for her best friend to show up. Her best friend called her earlier and told her that he has something important to say. He said to be there at exactly 7 o’clock.

“UH! He’s gonna get it! It’s been 30 minutes already. Where the heck is that crazy best friend of mine?” the girl muttered not minding the people looking at her like she’s crazy talking to no one in particular.

 

 

In a distance, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter