I Miss You

When You're Gone

 


It was a cold Sunday night and Sora's just lying down on her bed as she listened to her favorite song. Suddenly, her phone got a text message. It was from Minwoo, her boyfriend. 
 
"Meet me outside your house. Now." 
 
She immediately knew that he wasn't anywhere near happy. But she still went outside despite the fact that it was about to rain. When she got outside, Sora saw Minwoo standing in front of the gate wearing a dark expression on his face. She wondered what's going on and why he's acting like this. 
 
As she walked closer toward him, she felt more and more anxious.
"Hey, Minwoo. What's up?" She asked.
"Sora..." He looked straight into her eyes piercingly. There was a moment of silence that made Sora feel uncomfortably scared.
"Let's break up." When he said that, she couldn't believe it and refused to believe it.
"It's not true right? You're just acting... Yeah, you're just acting." She gave him a worried smile as she placed her hands on his shoulders.
"Let go of me!" He hissed and forcibly put her hands away from him. 
"Bye, Sora." He was about to walk away when Sora grabbed his arm, she was persistent.
"I love you." She said with all her heart with tears were flowing down her face. 
"Get away!" He yelled and ran away, leaving her to cry alone.
 
Little did she know that Minwoo was equally saddened. As he ran away from her crying figure, he himself began to shed tears. "Why'd I do this?" He said to himself while sitting down in front of his house, covering half of his face with one hand. "I'm sorry.... Sora." he whispered.
 
[Minwoo's Flashback]
 
"Yah! Minwoo, come here for a moment." Yooseung, Sora's ex-boyfriend said threateningly. Minwoo walked up to him only to get punched in the face.
"Dude, what's your problem?" Minwoo said while shoving Yooseung away.
"You're my problem."
"What?" 
"Give me Sora back." Yooseung said as he grabbed Minwoo's collar.
"Why? You don't even love her, you just used her for her beauty. Never in a million years." He replied with a devilish smirk.
"Never, huh? What if... she gets hurt within the next few days? Would you reconsider?" 
"You woudn't dare." He glared and got off Yooseung's grip.
"Hmm... would it be a beating? What if I put something on her drink? Or maybe even snap pictures of her in the girl's dressing room?"
"Why, you!" A fist fight began between the two men. Minwoo lost, having many bruises all over his body.
"Don't mess with me." Yooseung kicked Minwoo's gut for one last time and left.
"S-so.ra.."
 
[End of flashback]
 
The next day, Sora and Minwoo had to go to school whether they liked it or not. So happens, they'd rather not.
 
They didn't dare say a word to each other but they would oftentimes glance at one another with sad and somber expressions. Yooseung was able to notice this and congratulated himself for his job well done. That devil.
 
During lunch break, Sora ate alone and was feeling weaker than ever. 
"This is not good for me, I gotta bring myself back up. If he doesn't like me, then it's best if I try to let him go." She thought to herself and ate another bite of her food. But soon after, she started shaking and a tear managed to escape from her eyes. She just couldn't let him go, never.
 
She hid in the girl's bathroom for a while until her tears have subsided. When she got out, she began to feel dizzy, her sight blurry. She fainted and Yooseung happened to be standing around so he carried her to the clinic.
 
After an hour, she finally regained consciousness.
"Sora, are you aryt?" Yooseung asked.
"Minwoo?" Her sight was still blurry.
"No, it's Yooseung." He calmly said toward her but inside he was raging with anger.
"Oh." She replied in disappointment.
 
Yooseung wanted to take this opportunity as his and asked Sora if they can get back together.
"Sorry, Yooseung. I'm still in love with Minwoo." She immediately replied and he instantly left the room in an all caps rage.
 
"Excuse me, Sora." The nurse said.
"Yes?" 
"Looks like you have a fever. Your mother will be here soon to pick you up and bring you home."
 
Her mother arrived after a while and took her home. She went up to her room and plumped to her bed. 
 
A few days went by and her mother had to leave for an emergency business trip so Sora was left alone in her house. She couldn't stop thinking of Minwoo and the good times they've had. Suddenly, a piece of paper was thrown at her through her open window. It said:
 
"Go outside, I need to talk to you." - Yooseung
 
She did as she was told.
"What do you need?" She said weakly for she was sick and wanted to deal with this already.
"You." Yooseung replied with a dirty-looking smirk as he grabbed Sora and took her with him.
"Hey! Where are you taking me?!" She yelled, trying to let go of his strong grip.
"Shut up, Dammit!" He stormed.
"Let go of me!" She screamed for he was about to force her to make out with him.
"Stay still!" He said until he was punched by someone.
 
"She said, let go. You've got some guts to do this to a girl, especially when she's sick." Minwoo said seriously. He immediately headed toward Sora and hugged her.
"I'm sorry, this is all my fault." 
"No, it's not." She said.
"Yes, it is. He told me that you'd be hurt if we stay together but he still hurt you anyway. I was a coward who didn't fight back for the girl that I love." He said whole-heartedly.
"Minwoo..." She was touched.
"So, I'll be taking back what is mine right now." He toughly said towards Yooseung.
"Bring it on." Yoonseung arrogantly said.
 
And so, they fought. There was intense punching and kicking, both men had their pride on the line. 
 
Sora couldn't bear seeing Minwoo getting hit any longer. Minwoo knew that and she also knew that she couldn't interfere between the two guys.
 
"Why'd you even go this far?" Yoonseung asked as he pinned Minwoo down.
"You wanna know why?" Minwoo was trying to free himself.
"It's because... I love her." He pushed Yoonseung away and flung him to the ground leaving the victim weak from the impact.
"Simple as that." Minwoo won. 
 
Yooseung ran away from embarrassment. Minwoo carried Sora to her room and placed her on the bed.
"Thank you, Minwoo." Sora looked at his face, beat up with pity.
"It's all for You and I." He smiled and kissed her soft lips.
 
Minwoo sat on the floor beside her bed and looked at her.
"I miss you..." Sora said and closed her eyes. Minwoo caressed her, kissed her forehead and said, "I miss you too..." 
 

It's finished. I hope you guys enjoyed the story~!  :)