Prologue

A Bittersweet Valentine

                      "How much long are you gonna cry yourself silly?"

                      There was a standing ovation as Soah sang the last line of her rendition of G-Dragon's 'That XX'. Yi Xing, one of her good friends, smiled as he strummed the last chord on his guitar. He was the best guitarist in the school. With Soah's melodious voice, they rocked the school's annual performance where idol wannabes could sing or dance.

                     Grinning at the wild crowd in front of them, they got up hand-in-hand and bowed.

                     "Thank you, everyone!" They said simultaneously.

                     " Encore! Encore! Encore!" The crowd chanted.

                     As hyped as Yi Xing and Soah were, they were tired. Soah smiled apologetically.

                     " Sorry, people. Maybe next time."

                     The crowd sighed as Soah went down the stage, Yi Xing tagging along right behind her with his guitar strapped on his back. 

                      Yi Xing high-fived Soah as they walked to a quiet spot to rest.

                      " You did good, Soah. You rocked the place." Yi Xing said, taking a sip out of a water bottle.

                      " You did great too, Xing." Soah said her pet name for him fondly." You were awesome with your guitar."

                      Yi Xing handed the water bottle to Soah and she took a sip out of it. They were both really close so it wasn't a big deal for them to share well, almost anything. 

                      Yi Xing showed her his pearly whites.

                      " They don't call me the best guitarist of the school for nothing."

                      " Aish, you're just getting full of yourself now."

                      Both of them laughed as they took a seat at the empty canteen. Yi Xing fidgeted in his seat as he remembered something. Should I ask her now? What is gonna be Soah's reaction once I ask her? I don't wanna scare her off. What am I gonna do? 

                      " Yi Xing?" Soah's voice broke him out of his thoughts.

                      " Y-yes?"

                      " Did you see the 'confession' that someone, scratch that, I mean a lot of people posted on the school's confession page?"

                      Yi Xing nodded slowly. It's not like I pretend that I don't know of it. 

                      Someone had created a page on SNS titled 'Ace High Confession Page'. Tons of students had confessed the bad stuff that they had done in the school, some even anonymously confessed to their crushes though they will never know who made the confession. Many students had confessed, saying that they hoped that Yi Xing and Soah would start dating. There was even a OTP name for them- SoXing.

                     " It just feels so weird to see the stuff that people posted." Soah gave Yi Xing an awkward smile, running a hand through her hair.

                    Yi Xing smiled at her cute gesture and blushed slightly. He dipped his head so that she wouldn't notice. To tell the truth, Yi Xing had been in love with Soah for a long time. He fell hard for her and that was what made him try to get closer with her. His hard work paid off but he knew that he would never succeed in winning Soah's heart for she was in love with another boy-Do Kyung Soo, the boy who had the looks and the voice. But it wouldn't hurt to try, wouldn't it?

                    It's now or never, man, Yi Xing told himself. You'll never know if you don't try. He glanced at Soah ,who was breaking the school rule and texting on her phone, and mustered up his courage. I'll act this fleeting feeling out before it flies away.

                    " S-Soah?"

​                    She looked up and stared at him with enquiring eyes.

                    " Hmm?"

                    " Do you still remember about the favor that you owe me?"

                    It didn't just take a question to get Yi Xing to play the guitar for the performance. Soah had to promise him a favor and two gigantic packets of Lays in order to convince him.

                    " Oh right! I almost forgot! You can name it now."

                    It's now or never, the voice in Yi Xing's head said. Indeed, he agreed.

                    " I want you to be my girlfriend." 

                    Soah's eyes widened.

                    " W-what? Xing... are you... confessing to me?"

                    Yi Xing nodded his head slowly. Soah frowned but her expression softened gradually.

                    " Yi Xing, as one of my good friends, you know that I can't accept your confession. You know that I like Kyung-"

                    Yi Xing interrupted her.

                    " Just pretend to be my girlfriend tomorrow. It's the least that you can do for me. I actually spent a lot of time just to memorize the guitar sheet."

                    Soah smiled bitterly. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day too! I wanted to confess to Kyung Soo oppa instead but... Soah took in Yi Xing's forlorn expression, he is her best friend after all. Sighing, Soah nodded.

                    " Fine. Just for a day."

                    Yi Xing grinned.

                    " You won't regret it, Soah. I promise." He said before dashing off.

                    I'll change your mind, Soah. You'll see.

                    Just a day wouldn't hurt right?

                    

                      

  A/N: If it's possible, I'll post the last chapter tomorrow.               

​