001

Time of the Essence

I sat infront of the screen next to MyungSoo. My head rested neatly on his shoulder and a smile glued on his face. I was laughing as we reminiced about faded memories that now seem so far away. "Oh yeah, then I pushed you into the pool!' I giggled and mocked the shocked face I remember seeing years ago. He chuckled and pulled out his phone from his pocket. "Hey, I did nothing to deserve that!" He said pinting a finger at me. "You took my backpack the day before." I chuckled back. But when I looked at him, he seemed serious.

"Myung?" I whispered and peered my head over to take a glimpse of the text. He quickly hid it before I could make out a word. "I think you have to go now, it's late." He said sternly and tossed my pack at my stomach. "Ow, Myung what's wrong?" I asked and threw the bag off of myself. "Nothing, I just think it's late." He muttered and tossed my coat at me. "MyungSoo it's only 8:37 P.M it's not late." I retorted. He grumbled and plopped himself down on the floor. "Myung~" I whined. "SungJong you have to go." He said sternly.

I grumbled under my breath and took his phone from his pocket. I laid upside down on his couch so my head touched the floor. "What? You have a girlfriend or something?" I said sarcasticly. He growled as I silently looked over the message. "YAH! Kim MyungSoo, what the hell is this? It's numbers mixed with letters! 88g03?" I shouted reading the text out loud. "SungJong-ah!" He shouted grabbing his phone back. Starled ,I lost balanced and flipped over until my kissed the ground. "SungJong just go, you're going to be late for school tomorrow." He scolded and pushed my stuff to the door, "Now."

I got up reluctantly and made my way to the door. "Gosh MyungSoo I'm only back for 3 more months, and most of that time I'm going to study. I just want some time with you and all you do is blow me off. Don't you care anymore? This is the 4th time, this week alone! What's going on!" I shouted at him. He glanced back at his phone at the coffee table and sighed. "Sorry SungJong, it's not the best time." He muttered. "Just tell me what's going on." I begged. "No! Er, I mean I can't." He retorted. "Why the hell not? I'm your best friend Myung?" I snapped. "I just can't okay! And I don't like you butting in my business SungJong. Ever heard curiosity killed the cat?!" He shouted and slammed the door in my face.

"MyungSoo?"

~*~

1:46......1:46......1:47

The time flashed off the screen of my alarm clock. The only light in my entire dorm. I heard MyungSoo shouting in the back of my mind. "Stop, just stop!" I whispered to myself. I grumbled and tossed and turned in my bed. "MyungSoo~" I whined as I layed in the darkness.

1:53.......1:54

"Gahh~~" I groaned and kept tossing and turning. "Yah, SungJong-ah! Shut up and go to bed!" Hoya shouted at me and threw a pillow at me. "I can't sleep hyung." I whined and threw the pillow back at him. He got up abruptedly and the light. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock. "It's like 2 A.M SungJong, didn't you get home at 10? Why aren't you asleep?" He groaned. I shrugged. "I don't know."

He glared at me. "Yes you do, you just don't want to tell me. If something's bothering you and you don't want to talk about just take a walk SungJong." He sighed. "That's not that bad of an idea. Thanks hyung!" I said and grabbed my jacket. "Whatever, I just want to sleep."

~*~

I walked out of the dorm complex and off campus. I walked by the park and by little stores. Couples, couples everywhere. Everyone so happy, so lovey, yet MyungSoo's voice still echoed in my mind. I sat down at a bench and closed my eyes. "MyungSoo," I whispered in disappointment.

I jumped as the sound of a slamming door rang in my ears. Eyes wide, I looked franticly around, until i realized it was barely 3. I groaned and got up from the cold bench. "Aish, where am I?" I grumbled and started to make my way down the street. "I don't remember this place, or this one.... or this one....or...shoot." I rambled silently as I walked around. Finally I gave up and stopped infront of a little coffee shop. "Where the heck am I?" I muttered and looked around for signs.

"One sign! One Sign! just one!" I pleaded mentally, but I seriously did not see one! "This is just great isn't it." I grumbled. I took a seat infront of the closed shop, and decided to take a break, but still I looked around. Exusted and a bit sore from walking, all I did was look around.

Then I saw, I saw... "MyungSoo?" I whispered to myself. A man ruffly my age was looking around carefully with shades and a hoodie. "It is!" I said triumphantly, though I was alone. quickly I got up and walked over to him, but he never seemed to notice. He walked into an alley and I followed.

"MyungSoo?" I panted as he finally stopped. He grumbled under his breath and knocked on the door. "YAH! Kim MyungSoo! What, are you deaf or something?! I have been calling your name for a block alaready! What the hell are you doing here?!"  I shouted at him and pulled his hood off. He looked at me wide eyed and shoved me away. "Yah, SungJong-ah! What are you doing here? Get away!" He yelled at me silently. "I asked you the same thing already! I'm not leaving without a responce!" I yelled back, but the door opened.

"Hey L, who the hell is this?" A tall man asked at the door. "I have no clue," He said and glared at me. "What the hell you doing here kid. This is no place for students like you." He sneered. Tired, grumpy, and furious, I broke. I pushed him to the floor. "Yah! Kim MyungSoo, you have known me since grade school! The hell are you talking about? What the hell are you doing here?! Huh?!" I screamed at him, and was about to hit him, but his friend picked me up and tossed me inside. I stumbled in and ended up hitting my head some how, and out.

 

 

like heck i know