Finally

Falling Between Truth and Love

The man zipped up his luggage bag once more, picking it up and placing it in an upright position on the floor. He had checked, double-checked, and triple-checked it just so that he won't lose anything. Trying to get it anything back from New Zealand from where he's going will be one hell of a ride. A really long one.

Lying on top of his ultra soft bed, he took in a deep breath and gave out a long, satisfying sigh. Everything he had worked for in the past two months had paid off. He had concerts, met his fans, and had a blast with the other members. It still felt so surreal. He's going home tomorrow. He knew something that made him feel better, the fact that someone was waiting for him to come back, and he couldn't wait either.

He couldn't wait to see her again.

 


 

Soyou managed to find a small pocket of space in both of their schedules to meet Bora over lunch. It was one of those days where spring has settled in comfortably but the winter's chill still lingered a little. Soyou hugged herself tightly, hoping it will provide more warm other than the brown fur jacket that she had on.

Upon entering the cafe, she was shocked to find Bora sitting leisurely by herself at the table, the one situated at the corner of the room, and sipping her Americano slowly. Much surprised was Soyou, for punctuality was not Bora's forte. That meant that she had taken the younger one's words very seriously.

 

"I need to meet you." Soyou whispered into Bora's ear, when she noticed that Hyorin was playing around by herself and not paying attention.

"When? Why?"

"Soon. I think something's wrong with Hyorin." Bora's eyes widened immediately. Soyou knew she needed to be careful with the subject. Bora has always been sensitive regarding matters with Hyorin, especially how crazy last year had been. Bora had went through so much to keep the leader together. Soyou understood though. Hyorin and Bora have been together for such a long time. They might as well be considered sisters.

"Not again..." Bora sighed. "When are you free?"

"Not to sure myself. I'll checked both our schedules and tell you later. I have a schedule to catch so I'm going off now."

"Take care." were the last words she heard before the manager dragged her out of the room.

 

"How are you?" Bora asked, as Soyou flopped down unto a seat beside her in exhaustion.

"Tired. Don't really understand why everyone likes the 'it feels like you're mine, it seems like you're mine but not' line but still grateful." The both of them were silent afterwards, neither wanting to start on the topic that was burning at the back of their minds.

"Are you sure you'll be okay about this?" Soyou asked again. The last thing she wants to do is to upset Bora with a situation that might not even exist.

Bora sighed. "We have been through so many things together, but I still dread these kind of things. Just spill it. I'll be fine."

"Well..." Scratching the back of her head, Soyou took a deep breath in and continued. "Well... Hyorin... she... she was acting strangely a few weeks ago."

"In what way?"

"Well... I don't know." Soyou's face scrunched up as she thought. "She seemed... disturbed, lately. Troubled even, like she saw something she didn't want to see."

"Maybe that's what she did." Bora sipped on her coffee again, hoping the warm beverage would stop her from shaking at that moment. "Maybe she did see something she didn't want to see."

"Maybe... Don't you think Hyorin has been acting strange more recently as well?"

Bora's eyebrows furrowed at the question. "What do you mean?"

"She's unfocused during music shows. Distracted more than lately. Her eyes always seem to be wavering whenever I talk to her."

"Now that you said it, she does seem so. I think I may have catch her frowning occasionally."

"You don't think it is happening again, do you?" Soyou let the dangerous question slip her lips.

Bora couldn't tell how fast her eyes began to cloud, neither did she knew why, but it didn't stop the saltly fluid from streaming down her face. Soyou murmured a hint of shock before gently patting the woman's back, saying the usual comforting sentences over and over again. This was what she didn't want to happen, to have Bora worried and panicking again. Hyorin is dear to them all, but dearest to Bora, and having Hyorin fall back to her past problems was heartbreaking for the oldest member.

"Please Hyorin." Bora's spoke a quiet, shaky whisper. "Please don't do this again."

"I'm sure she will be fine. It could just be a small thing. You'll never know. Why don't we leave Hyorin alone and see if anything happens." Soyou took the moment to warp her arms around the sobbing woman in front of her. "She will be fine."

I hope.

Once Bora was able to recollect herself again, the two women continued on with their conversation. Soyou looked into Bora's red and puffy eyes, , feeling bad for making her elder feel this way. But she knew that their must be a point in time where someone should know about the situation, so that they can catch Hyorin before she slips away again.

"I had been thinking," Soyou commented, now enjoying a slice of cheesecake. "What you said before, about Hyorin seeing something she didn't want to. Maybe she really did."

"It is a possibility we can't look pass."

"It was at the broadcasting station when her mood began to change, so maybe something happened there."

"Like what? She saw her ex?" Bora let out a chuckle, but Soyou sat frozen on her seat, hanging open as she stare into blank space. "No way. You believe that?"

"You know Hyorin's horrible at hiding her emotions. If she saw her ex she definitely saw her ex."

"But she would have run into him many, many more times before right? I mean, it was a broadcasting station."

"But her ex may not have been around last time. Think about it unnie. If he is a kpop star, he is bound to go on world tours right? That's why she doesn't see him for the past one, two years."

"They aren't many Kpop groups that go one world tours. You need to be big, really big, and the only guy group that recent went on tour is-" The shock that registered on Bora's face matched Soyou's, a realisation that hit them square in the face.

"No way." Soyou exhaled. " It DEFINITELY can't be one of them."

"Let's not rule it out just yet. It's not nice to anyhow point fingers as well though. We need something more concrete, something that can draw us closer to the culprit." Checking her watch, the older one sighed. "That will be saved for another day though. I'm already running late for my recording."

"Go ahead." Soyou replied, as Bora hurried to pack her things. "Just don't forget about tonight."

"Tonight?" What's so special about tonight?"

"Oh you know." Soyou smirked.

 

"The prince is coming back."

 


 

Even though the tight scarf around her neck is partially suffocating her, Hyo didn't care much about the reduced amount of oxygen flowing into her system. She was tensed, anxiously waiting at the airport arrival terminal like some obsessed stalker fan. Only she wasn't obsessive. She was desperate, to run into his arms and breathe in the hearty scent of his smoky musk, to feel his warm breath against her ear than sooths her and calms her down. The assurance from him is what Hyorin hunger for. Thankfully, Ailee is there with her to hold her close, or else she might easily have fainted over the sheer anxiety she's having.

"How much longer?" Hyorin asked tapping her feet impatiently against the smooth floor.

"They have already touched down." Ailee replied. "It'll take a while for them to sort out all their baggages and things like that. Probably another half hour or so."

"I can't wait, really." The young one pouted. "Anymore and i might go insane."

"Hold on a little more, Hyo. We have waited this long already. I'm sure a couple of minutes more won't hurt." These minutes to Hyorin, however, felt like hours. How Hyorin wish she could share the internal conflict that constantly torments her soul with her, but as of now the both of them are walking on eggshells. It's only been such a short time when things has become stable, where Hyorin stopped trying to kill herself, when Sunggyu learned to let go and find new love. She didn't want to add a new string of problems to an already complicated situation. She could make things worse. She could cause everyone misery again. She didn't want to be the cause again.

So she chose to shut it again, to not speak or mention what's going on in her mind. It's dangerous logic to be having, but sometimes the best generals reuse tatics that failed in new battles for where they are most appropriate in. Hyorin needed more time, more time to sort out her emotions and her thoughts, to clear her head of anything lingering thoughts of him before she come clean. She cannot crack in front of her friends. Not now. Not yet.

Around that time the rest of Sistar came over to check up on their anxious leader and their mature friend. They brought hot chocolate to make the waiting experience a little more bearable, and stood close to Hyorin while they wait as well. Not only was Infinite coming back on a late night flight, they were also using the VIP route out of the airport. The manager thought that it will be good if the members finally have a break from their hectic tour and enjoy some peace when coming home from the airport. No one else will be able to disturb them except those who have access to these areas, which of course, includes Hyorin and her gang. As time passes, Hyorin's turmoil began to grow. She was beginning to believe that he might not come true that door, despite knowing that the plane had landed a long time ago. Maybe she was anxious about something else. Would she be afraid of him? Would he still love her as much as he did before? Irrational fears filled the void in her heart that only can be healed by him. She needed him.

Before she could panick any further, the doors opened, and a man strolled out calmly with a big smile on his face. Ailee's face immediately lit up brighter tha the sun. "Oppa!" She screamed, running up to him and clasping him between her arms with great force, causing the both of them to tumble to the ground.

"Yah Yejin," Sunggyu commented. "If you are going to greet me like this everytime I'm going to walking out of the doors next time in a pillow suit."

"Shut up." She retorted, giving a light knock on his head before resting her cheek against his. "I miss you."

Sunggyu smiled, shifting his head to give her a kiss on her forehead. "I miss you too."

Hyorin paid no attention to the lovely dovey couple beside her, and continue looked at the members that came out from that door. Hoya. Dongwoo. Sungjong. None of them are whom she is looking for. It was not until all six members had walked out first before he came out, dressed in a simple white t-shirt and demin jeans, his eyes meeting hers.

"L." She whispered, unable to move.

Myungsoo walked closer to his noona. Despite being older than him she still looked so fragile, so in need of protection and guidance. He wanted to be her guardian angel, the one who protects her from anything and anyone. Now, standing here in front of her, he wanted to do what he has rehearsed millions of times in his head, but seeing the look in her soft brown eyes made it seem inadequate. He instead chose to do something much more different.

He leaned forward, pressing his lips against hers, tasting her, smelling her sweet perfume, letting him have more of Hyorin while letting her have more of him. He felt his kiss being reciprocated and smiled internally. He actually didn't know what that kiss meant to Hyorin. The moment his warm lips brushed against hers enveloped her body with a blanket of love and warmth. She felt safe. She felt sure of herself in him. And all she could think of was finally.

Finally.

 

He's back.

 

===============

Author-nim here:

Oh my gosh I feel so bad for not updating for a long time but i really been having a busy, exciting and dreadful year, from meeting Sistar twice to flunking my mid year exams, fanfiction really slipped my mind. I probaby can't update often next year either as I will be having my crucial major exams again like last year and my future depends on it lol so I'll try my best. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please subscrible if you haven't and upvote and comment if you like it. :)