exist

exist

Tall people are from another world for Hana, they’re miles from her and they’re always looking down, as if it’s a bother to have to look down. She scoffs internally, it’s a bother to have to crane my neck to see your faces

Tall people aren’t at the top of Hana’s things i love list. In fact they don’t cross her mind when she thinks about what she loves.

 

Chanyeol always says short people are always so full of rage, because there’s not a lot of space for it to dissipate. He doesn’t personally hold a grudge against them but he’s wary of most of them. They are truly the embodiment of little s.

Chanyeol puts short people on his things to avoid at all costs list.

 

Hana and Chanyeol aren’t friends at all. He lives on the third floor, she lives on the seventh floor. She sees his face when she visits her friends on the third floor from time to time, but she pays no attention to him. 

He’s seen the little girl walk around their kitchen sometimes, picking up apples and eating them from their fruit basket. 

 

Hana and Chanyeol become acquainted at the end of a party. Both sitting cross legged, him on the floor, her on the bed, with two bottles of tequila at hand. Their friends find them the next morning, and they don’t stop talking about it till two weeks later. Their friends find them together, talking and being civilised. 

 

They spend nights at each other’s rooms each week. His bedroom consists of a tall single bed and two duvets; clothes piled up in a neat corner of his room, ordered bookshelves and tables. Her room consists of a single bed, five pillows, a double bed duvet, clothes piled up in little dunes, books opened up and pens left everywhere. Hana leaves messes in his room every time she spends the night or visits, Chanyeol cleans her room when he spends the night or visits.

 

They cuddle most nights, Hana gets to sleep on top of Chanyeol sometimes - it’s therapeutic to sleep on someones chest and hear their breaths. Chanyeol gets to nuzzle her soft neck, breathing her coconut scent in and leaving little hickeys on the back of her neck. Hana notices this is the only time he doesn’t face her when they’re together ( he loves to hold her chest against his, he likes her small, plump frame in his arms).

 

Chanyeol is fond of this little so to speak. She’s angry a little, but she’s amiable. She’s cute most of all. She does the most adorable things like pout her lips at any given moment; frown when she sleeps and she always messes up her words when she wants to say important things. Most of all, she likes to listen to people and give them advice (Chanyeol speculates these things aren’t what she’s experienced - she’s a to the real world, but it’s still sound advice). 

 

Hana doesn’t mind the obnoxious tall thing. He’s funny, sunshine-y and smiley. Always smiley. He’s always got something to smile about. Frogs, smiles. Long queues, smiles. Hugging her, smiles (he likes these because he bends down and picks up her up to hug her). He likes to tell her his problems (smiling while doing so). She likes giving him advice too. He lights her days up so to speak. Something extra she can look forward to. 

 

Their friends think it’s cute they kind of complete each other in that sense. 

Hana and Chanyeol think of it as co-existing. 

They’re like add-ons on a browser for each other. 

They work better together.