Empty Space

Empty Space

large.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


Daehyun grabbed a fistful of his hair as he looked at her, "Are you accusing me?"

"They said they saw you." She glared.

"Who? Your friends? Your friends, where were they, huh?" Daehyun questioned.

"They said you were at the Moonlit Bar yesterday at 2 AM." She snapped.

"Moonlit Bar? Where the hell is that? I don't even know anywhere named Moonlit Bar. You know me, I don't drink." He said. 

"You don't go to bars to only drink." She said, crossing her arms.

"Really? Cause I thought that is what you do at bars." He said, rolling his eyes, "Whatever. Your friends are lying, they didn't see me because I wasn't there. I was with Youngjae the whole time."

"Really?" She scoffed, "You expect me to believe that?"

He rolled his eyes, walking past her when she huffed, "Tell me the truth, Daehyun."

"The truth is that you're crazy and I didn't cheat. I wasn't there last night, I told you. I was with Youngjae." He snapped, rolling his neck, "Why don't you believe me?" 

"Maybe because we're past the believing stage." She whispered.

She crossed her arms, trying to protect her.

Daehyun's eyes softened. He closed his eyes and sighed deeply, "I wasn't there, okay? You have to believe me. I didn't go anywhere near a bar and moreover Moonlit Bar, I don't even know what that is."

"I should believe you." She gave out a bitter laugh, "But it's hard. Knowing I never know what you do behind my back."

Daehyun looked away, "Let's drop this." 

Walking towards their room, she bit her lips, "This or us?" 

Daehyun stopped. He glanced back at her, "Are you tired?"

She shrugged, "It would be a lie if I said I wasn't." She walked towards him, "You didn't cheat, right?"

He put his head down, "Even if I said yes, you still wouldn't believe, would you?"

"I don't think so." 

Daehyun sighed, "Then think whatever. I don't want to fight with you any longer." 

As he brushed past her again for the second time, she held onto his arm, "Can we talk at least?"

"What else is there? That I didn't cheat?" He put an arm on his forehead, "How many times do I have to tell you--"

"Not about that!" She yelled, flinging her hands up in the air, "About us! What is going to happen to us?"

"Nothing is going to happen." He hissed.

"I can't live like this. Thinking you're doing things behind my back when you're not. Thinking you're cheating, thinking you're lying, I can't do this." 

"Then what should I do? Stick with you 24/7 so you know all my moves?" 

"That's not what I meant."

"That is exactly what you're implying." He rolled his eyes, "I can do so little, okay? I can't do things all the time. I need a break too."

"A break." She sighed, "I think that's what we need."

"You're being dumb again." He looked down, "Let's just forget about this okay?"

"No, I don't want to forget this. I want us to do something about this."

"About what? I asked you what you wanted, so what do you want?" 

"For us to be in love again! I'm tired of doubting you and fighting with you." She whispered.

"Maybe because you start most of the fights." He growled.

She stopped. She looked at him, "You think I start them?" Her eyes narrowed, "You're starting them. Like right now you are. You think you aren't, but you definitely are." 

"How is this starting a fight?" Daehyun screamed.

"You yelling at me!" She felt her heated face, "You don't even apologize for the things you do."

"Because there is nothing to apologize for. You should be the one apologizing, no?" He put his hands on his hips, "Am I right or am I wrong?" 

"You're wrong." She implied, "Sometimes, you should apologize too."

"How did we even get to this topic?" He asked. 

She bit her lips. Her hands shook from anger.

"You piss me off!" She yelled as she walked towards the door.

"You piss me off!" He yelled back, "Everything you do pisses me off. How did we even get together? I don't even like you anymore."

She stopped walking and stood there.

Daehyun huffed in anger when his eyes soften. What did he say?

She turned and faced him, "Feelings mutual." 

"Wait, what?" He laughed bitterly, "I just said that cause I was mad. I was joking."

"You might not be." She pointed out, "But I am not." 

Daehyun strutted towards her, "What do you mean you don't like me anymore?"

She brushed her hands together, "I don't see us anymore. I don't get butterflies when I see you and sometimes, I get annoyed of your face."

Daehyun's eyes slanted, "You get annoyed of my face?"

"I want to get away from you. You suffocate me and I get mad for no reasons. I should love you like I did, but I can't do that anymore. Everything you do just pisses me off."

Daehyun held his head, "Let me get this straight. I annoy you and you don't want to be with me. Is that right?"

"Absolutely." She sighed, "You are annoyed of me too, right?"

Daehyun shook his head then stopped, "I don't know if this feeling is annoyance or not."

"Probably."

She tugged on her hair, "I think we need to stop."

Daehyun's jaw hung low. 

"You're breaking up with me?"

"No, we're breaking up with each other." She looked away, "I can't do this and you can't either. What's the point of dating when we don't even feel the same way towars each other? It's for the best, you know." 

He led out a small sigh and nodded, "Yeah."

Her eyes widened when it softened again, "Yeah."

As she took a step back, she didn't stop facing him, "I'll see you around."

"Yeah." He whispered, looking at the grount.

As she closed the door, he walked up to the door and stood there. Looking at her disappearing figure outside.

As he leaned on the wall and slid down, he waited for the sadness to rush in where he would get angry and cry.

But for some reason, nothing came out. He didn't feel anything.

It's as if this happened already.

As he closed his eyes and waited for something to happen, it didn't. 

Knowing he already gone through this, he acknowledges the fact that his heart has always been an empty space.