Final For real.

To Win Jinki's Heart
Jonghyun was confused. Really confused. It has been weeks since Jinki and him started texting after their little chat at the café. Jinki had texted him that night and being interested in the older man, replied enthusiastically. Their conversations ranged from the mundane things like weather to the more exciting topics like hobbies. Slowly, they were comfortable to text about anything, from their daily lives to their dreams and other wacky stuff.
 
“Surely that means that he is interested right?” Jonghyun asked out loud.
 
Key, who happened to be in Jonghyun’s room turned to him with a raised eyebrow. “You talking to me?”
 
Jonghyun rolled his eyes and replied,” well…I was talking to no one in particular…so..yeah you.”
 
His comment earned him a punch as well as a few comic books thrown at him. A short verse of colourful profanities thrown at him later, Key finally forgave him after his constant pleas.
 
“You are pathetic Kim Jonghyun!” Spat Key harshly.
 
Jonghyun clasped his right chest and feigned a hurt expression while dramatically sprawling himself all over his bed and rolled around while groaning. “You wound me with your words Bummie.”
 
A snort and a few coughs from Minho erupted and a click of tongue could be heard as Key glared menacingly at Jonghyun.
“What do you mean by that?” asked Kibum after giving up on thinking that Jonghyun would hopefully grow up soon.
 
Jonghyun looked at him curiously and turned to look at Minho hoping to get help on understanding what Key was asking him. His only response was a shrug and a loud sigh from Key and a  mumble that strangely sounded like “why do I know these idiots with STM?” .
 
Shaking his head in disapproval, Key explained, ” him being interested? Hello? Did your brain like fry within 10 seconds? Wait no… that’s impossible. How could something that never existed…”
 
This time, a full fledge laughter came out of Minho’s mouth. Jonghyun could only pout at how his younger friends treat him with almost no respect.




“well…he texts me every day…”
 
“So? I text my friends everyday too. Does that mean I like them?”
“ We text about stuff…”
 
“what sorts of stuff?” Key questioned.
 
With a suggestive look, Minho asked,” ohh stuff…better not be anything !”
 
Jonghyun threw the comics thrown at him beforehand to Minho. “Nonsense! Jinki is not or like you you bastard!”
 
“Jinki? I thought you said his name was Onew?” Key shot.
 
Jonghyun sighed,” Onew is what others call him. Jinki is his real name.”
 
Jonghyun continued to explain,” he is called Onew for looking soft like cotton candy.”
 
“And his voice is very soothing too.”
 
“wow… That sounded creepy man…are you his stalker? Dude! Do you go around asking about him?” Minho asked with a concerned and mocking tone.
 
Jonghyun was hesitant as he replied. “ I am not a stalker! I don’t ask anyone about him!...”
 
“…”
 
“FINE! I do ask about him! But only from one person ok?” Jonghyun exclaimed out of embarrassment.
 
“Oh gosh! I have a freaking alien who is weird as hell and a stalker idiot dinosaur as a friend! Oh god! Why do you do such things to me? I’m a nice kind soul!” Shouted Key exasperatedly.


 
Jonghyun scoffed,” If you call hitting your elders and insulting them kind and nice…”
 
Let’s just say the bruises he received were all due to Kim Jonghyun’s mouth and Key’s wrath…


 
“Hyung…why aren’t you replying?” Taemin asked with a frown.
 
Jinki turned to look confusedly at Taemin. Tilting his head to the side he questioned what Taemin was talking about.
 
“Jonghyun Hyung. He has been pestering me on why you aren’t replying him.” Taemin lamented.
 
Jinki’s lips formed a ‘O’ as he kept silent.
 
Over the course of the weeks, Jonghyun had gotten close to Taemin as well. He did text Taemin occasionally but when he did, it was usually asking Taemin things about Jinki. Like his favourite colour, his favourite place to visit or his favourite beverage. Such conversations were fun for Taemin as he go to tease them both but when Jonghyun spammed him with insecurities, it got on his nerves.
 
“What’s wrong hyung? I thought you really liked him?”
 
“I do…but…I don’t know…”
 
“What was the last text he sent you about that made you stop replying to him? Was he ually harassing you? If he was I swear…”
 
Jinki shook his head immediately and denied. “He just asked me to dinner…”

 
“Accept it then! You obviously like that guy!” Taemin urged.
 
Jinki sighed and with eyes downcasted, spoke”I don’t know… he asked me casually…made me didn’t really want to accept…”
 
Taemin looked at Jinki like he had grown another head and Jinki, in return just shrugged and got back to work.
 
“Pick Up lines” Taemin said as Jonghyun was complaining to him on how none of his friends (Key and Minho) were helping him.
 
“What?”
 
“Ask him out using Pick Up lines.” Taemin repeated as he remembered how giddy and happy Jinki looked when Jonghyun first tried to use a Pick Up line on Jinki when they first met.
 
Jonghyun looked skeptical but the look Taemin shot him was enough to make him nod and leave Taemin alone.
 
‘Finally! I can get to rest!’ Taemin thought joyfully.


 
“I DID IT!” Jonghyun shouted as he entered Key’s room.
 
Annoyed, Key threw his pillows at the intruder and screeched,” SHUT UP YOU IDIOT!”
 
“I can’t see why I have to shut up when you are talking louder than me Kibum!”
 
Jonghyun flopped down onto Key’s bed and rolled around with a very wide grin.
 
“What did you do? I swear if you did something stupid like lay in the middle of the road like you said you wanted to last year I’m going to …”
 
“What? No! I have not! I finally asked Jinki out!”
 
Rolling his eyes while shaking his head, Key retorted,” correction. You already asked him out before. Only, he did not accept.”
 
“Well! He did!”
 
“Gratz bro” Minho chipped in from the couch .
 
“I’m going to prepare now!” Jonghyun jumped up excitedly.
 
“what time are you meeting him?” Key asked.
 
“7.”
 
Jonghyun exited the room while shouting.” I’ll be borrowing you hair products Kibum!”
 
Key just nodded.
 
Minho suddenly turned around to look questioningly at Key.
 
“what?” Key countered.
 
Minho just pointed at the clock and as realization hit Kibum, he ran to the washroom and knocked on the door loudly.
 
“Are you frigging serious? You DO NOT need 2 hours to get ready you dimwit! Even I don’t take that long!”
 
Minho just sighed with a smile at his friends' antics but the blinking phone on Key’s bed caught his eye. Noting that it was Jonghyun’s, he just unlocked it nonchalantly to read the new message.
 
As Key entered his room dejected and not managing to get Jonghyun out of his bathroom, he noticed Minho’s look of disgust as Minho threw Jonghyun’s phone onto his bed.
 
‘Must have fallen out when he was rolling around.’ Key thought.
 
Curious, he asked what Minho was fussing about and Minho only pointed at the phone. With piqued interest, Key did the same as Minho and read the text.
 
“Oh god! Tell him that I don’t know him! I don’t know a guy that is so disgusting!” Kibum exclaimed.
 
Minho smirked and replied,” thought you’d say so.”
 
From: Bling Bling Jonghyun
To: Dubu Jinki
Hey hyung.



From: Dubu Jinki
To: Bling Bling Jonghyun
Yeah?



From: Bling Bling Jonghyun
To: Dubu Jinki
Did it hurt?



From: Dubu Jinki
To: Bling Bling Jonghyun
Haha. Is it a pick up line?



From: Bling Bling Jonghyun
To: Dubu Jinki
Yup.
So did it hurt? When you fell from heaven?



From: Dubu Jinki
To: Bling Bling Jonghyun
I’m actually human
but it did hurt
when I fell in the changing room today though.
Got a bruise on my knee



From: Bling Bling Jonghyun
To: Dubu Jinki
You may fall from the sky.
You may fall over flat surfaces.
But the best way to fall…is in love with me
I’ll see you at 7!



From: Dubu Jinki
To: Bling Bling Jonghyun
You are so cheesy. Ok I’ll see you at 7 then!



From: Bling Bling Jonghyun
To: Dubu Jinki
If I’m the cheese, you’re the macaroni.
Because two of us combined, we make a damn good combi ;)



From: Dubu Jinki
To: Bling Bling Jonghyun
Haha you are really cheesy and funny! Alright then cheese!
Hope no mice will nab you when you go out later!



The End.
 
(In the background, One could hear puking and gagging noises made by Kibum and a cheery humming humming voice from Jonghyun in the toilet. Oh and the silence? Contributed by none other than Minho!)