Final or maybe not

Pick Me Up

Jonghyun and Minho were lounging at the café while Key was shopping.

“Why are we here again hyung?” Minho asked as a sigh escaped his lips.

Jonghyun sighed similarly as he spoke,” cause Key is scary when he es and none of us wants to deal with that.”

The other male silently agrees as he sips his drink while eyeing his surroundings.

“This is boring hyung…let’s do something! Like a challenge of sorts!” Minho suggested as he leaned forward to survey the people around them.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at his sudden proposition. “What are you up to you alien?” Jonghyun asked suspiciously although his interest was indeed piqued by the said alien.

Minho rolled his eyes at his hyung’s comment and replied. “Well, I dare you to go up to someone and use a random pick-up line on that person.”

Jonghyun smirked. “You’re on you toad! You may not know but I have very thick skin! Such a little dare is nothing to me!”

Minho could only sigh at his hyung’s habit of calling him names related to an amphibian but just put up with it.

“Oh and that person has to be a guy.”

Jonghyun’s face froze as his calm demeanour tensed. “What? This handsome face is obviously what girls dig! Not dudes! I mean although there are dudes who love my face too but…”

“Hyung. You are the most narcissistic person I know and I know Kibum.” Minho camly retorted,” don’t pretend hyung. I know you swing that way.”
Jonghyun sighed as though he was getting frustrated trying to explain something to a stubborn little kid,” look. I know you know which way I swing but I don’t have to let a random stranger, much less a guy know that ok?”

Minho merely shrugged and said nonchalantly before taking another sip of his drink,” your problem not mine. You accepted the challenge so deal with it hyung.”

Jonghyun huffed out a huge breath as he approached the counter of the café, frustrated that he had to listen to Minho.

The café was relatively empty. Save for the few customers who were huddled up in their seats engrossed in a book or their laptops. The counter had no line and the barista was just standing there idly wiping the counter. Whether it was a lucky thing that the café was empty, Jonghyun did not know. All he knew was that he wanted to get the challenge over and done with so that he can gloat about it in Minho’s face.
Determined, he leaned his upper body onto the counter, arms laying on top of it as he flipped his bangs out of his eyes before speaking in that smooth voice of his he used to charm people,”did it hurt when you fell?”

The barista blushed hard and mumbled something incoherent to Jonghyun as he was acting all flustered behind the counter.
“excuse me?”

The barista bowed as he apologised,” I’m sorry. I didn’t expect anyone to actually see that…”

Jonghyun was confused. “Erm…See what?”

“See me fall?” the barista asked.

“what?” Jonghyun asked as he finally met eyes with the other party.

He was instantly stunned. The barista had brown orbs that seemed to sparkle under the café’s lighting. He had fair and smooth-looking skin that was milky white. His face as framed prettily with his brown locks that made him look absolutely adorable. It was breath-taking for Jonghyun for he did not expect such a looker out of the other guy. All he could think was ‘he’s very cute’.

Meanwhile, under that heated glance of the customer at the counter, Onew was very flustered. He was already embarrassed over being seen when he slipped on a puddle of water while wiping the counter and the stare from the stranger was not helping the situation at all.
Jonghyun, after regaining his composure, cleared his throat before he spoke again,” I didn’t see you fall but I was trying to use a pick up line on you.”

The barista’s blush deepened ten-fold as he looked down, refusing to meet Jonghyun’s gaze.

Jonghyun laughed at the barista’s cute reaction and said,” but you know what? You are welcome to fall into my arms anytime.”

Jinki looked up in confusion and as his eyes locked with Jonghyun’s the wink sent to him from the other guy just made him frozen on the spot.
Jonghyun cooly grabbed a serviette and used the pen at the counter to scribble down something before leaning forward so that his face was closer to the others.

A glance at the nametag later, he spoke,” call me k?” Another wink and he walked off suavely back to Minho.


His smug look was more than enough to earn a click of his tongue from Minho.
“Told you I could do it! “ Jonghyun smiled triumphantly.

“Guys, we can go now! I’m done with all my shopping!” Key said as he approached the two with a handful of bags.

The trio left but not before another wink was sent Jinki’s way. Courtesy of Jonghyun.

“Hyung…why are you blushing so much? It’s not like no one dropped you a one-liner before you know?” Taemin asked Jinki as he saw JInki’s longing look at the door where the stranger just left.

“wha..I am not blushing!” retorted Jinki.

“Hah! Says the person who is holding a death grip on the napkin with his phone number!” Taemin teased the older.

“Taemin!” JInki whined.

In his mind though, Jinki knew. He knew that he had fallen. For the guy who just randomly popped out to drop him a cheesy line. And Jinki knew. He knew what he was gonna say to the stranger-Jonghyun the next time they spoke as he looked at the napkin in his hand.

“Pick me up.”

End.