Playful Kiss

Playful Kiss - Myungsoo

The dark clouds covered the moon and the stars as the night seemed darker than usual. Sliding the silver key into the brass lock, you turned the knob as you pushed open the door. Walking a few steps, you changed your shoes as Myungsoo walked into your new, one room, apartment.

Flipping on the lights, you placed your bag on the counter as Myungsoo shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders as he hung it up with care. Changing his shoes too, he headed into the kitchen as boxes were piled in the corner of the room.

"You can go shower first." Myungsoo said as you nodded, trying to find some clothes, you moved into the bathroom as you let the warm water rush over you as you sang softly letting your day wash off of you.

Once finished, you came out as Myungsoo walked past you and closed the door, you sat on your bed as you looked around at your new place with Myungsoo. Just barely newly weds, yet Myungsoo had managed to become a Doctor and was working on his internship. You on the other hand, was trying out for the nursing program again, yet you were sure that you would get it this time.

Once you finished drying your hair, you walked over to a box that was labeled yours as you lifted the cardboard flaps, many things were in that box, with pictures of you and Myungsoo to your school books, everything was in there. Yet a plain box caught your attention as you pulled it from the cardboard box, setting it on your bed, you folded your legs under you as you pulled off the lid with care.

A bright smile formed on your face as you began to look through the box that held so many memories, Notes that had his name on them, your plans for him and the future, and pictures. Spreading out all of the memories out on your new bed, you smiled as you looked through each one. The bathroom door opened as Myungsoo rubbed his hair with the towel to dry it as he looked over at you confused as you were giggling.

"What is so funny?" He said as the towel hung over his shoulder.

"Oh!" You turned to look over your shoulder quickly as you smiled at him, "I was just looking through a box that I haven’t seen in a while." You said as tried to hide your smile.

"Oh really?" Myungsoo walked over and sat behind you as his knee hit the small of your back. Grabbing a pile of pictures, he began to look through them.

Pulling out a yellow note folded nicely, you opened it up as a small smile came onto your face.

"Remember when I gave this to you Oppa?" You showed him it as he smiled and nodded.

"I gave you a D-" He chuckled as you nodded. "I didn’t actually get to read it though, can I read it again?" He asked catching you off guard.

"I-I wrote another one that should get me at least a B." You held one in each hand as he chose the one that he already graded. Moving to look at pictures, Myungsoo’s hand slid around your waist as his chest pressed against your back as his chin rested on your shoulder. A smile came onto his face and stayed as he read the note. Flipping one picture after another, you saw all of the pictures of him from your yearbooks, when he was a little kid, graduation, your wedding and some selca’s that you both took together.

Myungsoo kissed your cheek gently as he held you tightly. “That was beautiful.” He whispered in your ear as you smiled and felt shivers run down your spine. His hand went into the box as it found a leaf covered in plastic as he chuckled at you.

"You really kept this?" He said as you nodded

"Of course I kept it! It is part of you and me." You said as he scratched his head.

"Oh right I am the Prince of the Forest" Myungsoo teased as you pushed him away as he wrapped both of his arms around your shoulders. A book in the box caught his eye as he pulled it out from the tightly packed box.

"What is this?" He asked as he looked at it in his lap.

"It is from my friend, the one that draws the comics, well this one is about us." You said shyly as you pulled out the stub of the play that you went and saw with him and the books that had his writing next to yours.

Myungsoo read the book with a smile on his face as he would ask if this is true occasionally and you would blush and cover your cheeks as you would nod.

"Pabo" He would say as he shook his head continuing his reading as he read from cover to cover. Myungsoo began to understand you little by litter, like putting one puzzle piece of you together at a time, slowly he would be able to figure you out.

Hours passed as the rain ran down the window as the night began to feel less dreary, and lonely.

"Remember when I joined the tennis team and picked up all of the tennis balls for days" You put one of the balls back into your box as he nodded.

"I remember, then we got paired up together for a match and you sprained your ankle and we had to forfeit the rematch. But we never did beat them." He said with a chuckle as his memories were filled with you.

"Are you still going to follow me around the hospital when you become a nurse?" He asks playfully as you nod. "Pabo" He said with a chuckle as he helped you put your pictures back into the box.

"I remember when I won this for you." Myungsoo picked up a stuffed animal that had a clip attached to it as you smiled and nodded.

"Then I left it on my bed when I left and it fell off of my backpack and then I got into an accident." You said as you bit your lip.

"Oh, where you got your cast." Myungsoo asked as you nodded. He picked up the love letter that you wrote him those long years ago as he smiled at how cute you were.

"You really had a crush on me for that long?" He asked you as you nodded, putting the box on the floor as you slid under the covers. Letting a small laugh slip off of his lips, he placed the letter on the bedside table before he hovered over you.

"W-What are you doing?" You asked him as you saw a different look in his eyes.

"Making up for all of the years that you loved me." He said as he pressed his lips on yours shortly, at first, then you kissed him longer and longer as your fingers moved along his shoulder, up his neck to his hair as he smiled into your lips.

The pounding of the rain was the only thing heard as his eyes gently looked into yours.

"I love you"