Part 1

Never Without You

The company was calm about the matter as they had always been in the previous years with the other idols. Not that this wasn’t new but because they weren’t responsible for the female that was caught in the scandal. Boys have always been easy to get away with things like this but… it wasn’t as easy for Hyung Jun. It was like the hurricane Sumatra inside his mind. Thoughts are scattered in a mess, hands trembling and sweat dripping from both of his side burns. Kim Hyung Jun was tensed, so tensed that he couldn’t even hear whatever his manager was telling him. After a several fail attempts manager noona gave a slap to the back of his head getting his attention from the computer screen back to her.

      “I’m asking you for the eleventh time Junah, are you really dating her?”

      “Ah?”

      “For god sake, what is wrong with you? Are you really dating each other? Just answer the question because we have to explain this to the media” Her tone was highly annoyed.

      There was still no answer from Hyung Jun’s side.

      Manager noona sighed and sat down next to him.

      After a while Hyung Jun woke up his voice. “I have to call him”

      “Who?” She asked in confusion.

      “Uh…” Hyung Jun was lost at words.

      “Tell me the truth first” Manager demanded slowly standing up .

      “No, I’m not dating her. Why did media picked up on such a scandal after all these years?” Hyung Jun shouted burying his head in his hands.

      “Probably because you were seen with her in your car two days ago”

      The comment made Hyung Jun stand up in anger but he swallowed a couple of words before speaking. “I’m not dating her and I got to go now?”

      He stormed off from the room hitting his emergency dial.

      “Where are you going?” Manager noona shouted from behind but Hyung Jun didn’t care to turn.

      Three attempts and yet the other end didn’t answer. Hyung Jun still kept trying though, with a little hope that this wasn’t signifying any ignorance. His palms started sweating and the phone kept slipping from his hand.

      Even after ten minutes there was still no answer. Ten minutes was a long time and Hyung Jun knew something had to be wrong. He quickly tapped a message into the phone.

 

*I need to talk to you, pick up*

 

After being tired of waiting and waiting Hyung Jun found himself sitting on the floor of an isolated hallway at SH entertainment. Another ten or more minutes passed and finally his phone beeped.

 

*about?*

 

      That’s it? Hyung Jun asked himself. The answer carried two meanings; either the other end was clueless or was very aware about this and was expecting a proper explanation.

Hyung Jun immediately hit emergency dial again. But no answer.

 

*Jung Minah just pick up will you?*

 

      He typed a message again.

 

*I’m busy, bye*

 

      Another beep and Hyung Jun kept staring at the screen until the light went out. Something was wrong. Jung Min must have seen the news already. Hyung Jun’s stomach took a big turn. He knew that the older one’s schedules were only in the morning today. And it wasn’t morning now. Jung Min must have been free but refusing to talk with him. Hyung Jun knew he had to take matters in his own hands before it would get any worse.

      He rushed down the hallway to the car park. He had to get out from there and he had to see Jung Min right now. There might have been issues in between them before but none of it that media picked up this soon and which apparently resulted in Kim Hyung Jun making it to the top-ranked searches of the day. It would be odd if Jung Min actually didn’t know because news runs fast and considering the fact that Jung Min was at work, someone must have told him.

      Every news site Hyung Jun read stated that the broadcasting industry already know about the relationship. But the real relationship broadcasting industry didn’t really found out was the one between Jung Min and Hyung Jun. They weren’t quite ready to reveal it yet. Not even the both of them knew that when or how it’ll come out.

      Hyung Jun drove fast down the highway directly to Jung Min’s apartment. Two stairs at once and he finally brought himself to the door. He knew the apartment code of course and even though right now it felt like invading someone’s home, Hyung Jun had no other choice but to enter.

      “Jung Minah?” He shouted once he was inside the house.

      The apartment was gloomy with all the curtains blocking the light coming from the windows even though it was mid-day. Hyung Jun had to switch on a couple of lights in order to find his way in to the kitchen just because he didn’t want to run into anything. He was careless and he never knew where the stuff was actually located inside the house, though half of the time Hyung Jun spent his time here.

      “Jung Mi-” Maknae’s mid-sentence calling was left hanging as soon as he saw the older one leaning onto the railing at the balcony.

      Hyung Jun stood where he was for a while until Jung Min turned. “So…” He said staring at the maknae while the soft wind blowing his long hair blocking his eyes. Jung Min brushed it away with his index finger.

      “Uh…” Hyung Jun dragged the word looking guilty as nothing else.

      “Why are you here?” Jung Min asked coldly.

      “Did you see the-”

       “Dating scandal? Oh yes, sure I did” He nodded.

      “Is that why you are angry?” Hyung Jun asked.

      “Angry? Who? Me? I’m not angry”

      The younger one didn’t reply.

      “So… the industry already knows? Well then I guess I wasn’t part of the industry because I clearly didn’t know” Jung Min took a few steps towards the balcony door.

      “That’s all bull. You know I’m not dating her. Why are you-”

      “Car dates Hyung Jun? Just what?” Jung Min asked narrowing his eyes tilting his head to a side.

      “There were no car dates”

      “Then why did your company told me that you were seen with her in your ing Maserati two days ago?” Jung Min cursed and it made Hyung Jun more flinch.

      “You called my company?” There was no reply from Jung Min to that question. Hyung Jun spoke again. “It was a mix up okay, I can explain”

      “Explain what? One car drive won’t build such a huge scandal Hyung Junah, and people won’t just say that you two were very affectionate with each other at work if this was all a mix up”

      “It wasn’t like that” Maknae tried to defend himself.

      “By the way what kind of work do you have with her anyway? You and her did work in a drama a few years ago and she’s from another company and clearly she’s not affiliated with any of your work at the moment. What were you doing with her?”

      “I wasn’t doing anything”

      “You totally were doing something Kim Hyung Jun-ssi”

      The polite sentence definitely made the tension rising inside Hyung Jun. He wanted to explain to Jung Min so badly but the guy just wasn’t in his right mind to even listen.

      “Okay, we didn’t meet for work” Hyung Jun talked after a moment.

      “Of course you didn’t, you cheating bastard” Jung Min exploded.

      “I WAS NOT CHEATING”

      “Oh, yes you were! You were meeting her behind my back. You were going on fancy car rides with her behind my back! You were dating her behind my back! If that’s not cheating then what the hell is it?”

      “She was having some emotional stress and I was helping her”

      “What are you a ing therapist now?” Jung Min growled with anger.

      “I just wanted to help her”

      “Shut up!” He hit the glass door loudly and returned to the railing facing away from Hyung Jun.

      Minutes passed without the neither of them moving themselves from where they were standing at. Neither of them spoke and Hyung Jun started feeling frustrated because Jung Min was denying his every explanation.

      Jung Min had no choice either. This wasn’t something he saw coming. He never even imagined for Hyung Jun to be dating someone whom he worked with some years ago and suddenly such a scandal came up and it would surely cause a stir. Jung Min’s anger was burning every cell inside his body and he held himself back a several times from beating the out of Hyung Jun.

      The painful part was that he loved the young one and it wouldn’t be possible for Jung Min to live without him either. So he had to let the anger pass, he had to listen to the maknae.

      Hyung Jun covered the distance between them with a few steps making his way into the balcony. He had a thousand explanations and so many reasons to defend himself but he knew Jung Min wouldn’t listen right now. He had to let Jung Min pull himself together first.

      “Fine, let me hear your explanations” After a while the older one said emphasizing the last word very sarcastically.

      Hyung Jun’s face brightened up. Finally, he thought to himself.

      “She was having some trouble with depression; her family was being hard on her and the work was too much on her. And you know we still keep contact with each other so she just have thought that maybe if I can help her as in emotionally support her”

      “Like a therapist…” Jung Min added dryly.

      “No not like a therapist, as a friend. So we met once to talk about it”

      “News said car dates, plural” Jung Min said again staring down at the streets.    

      “Okay fine, we might have met a couple of times this year”

      “You might have?” Jung Min turned to the maknae raising his eyebrows.

      “We did meet a couple of times this year” Hyung Jun corrected himself.

      “How many times?”

      “Jung Minah…” Hyung Jun tried to slip off but there was no luck.

      “How. Many. Times?” Older one had pauses in between his words and anger revolving around it.

      Hyung Jun started counting mentally but his fingers started folding themselves on their own. And the number of fingers being folded didn’t make Jung Min happy at all.

      “Try counting how many dates we had after this year started” Jung Min crossed his arms across his chest and waited for Hyung Jun to come up with the answer.