Final~

across the road , down the hill.

it was chinese new year celebration in school, everybody got to dress up the way they wanted in red.jae hwa wore a simple red dress and a high cut shoe. she waits for the bus as usual. the bus came, the moment she step into the bus, she turned her head to the right and scan the bus with her eyes to see if jongin's in there but no sign of him .... she tap her card and walked towards an empty seat with a heavy shoulder. she sat down and sighed " you smell good" the guy next to jae hwa spoke " sorry?" she replied. that stranger is actually no other than jongin . jae hwa noticed him and is shy . she put on her earpiece and kept quiet. jongin is a " yoyo stick " player in the school. he has to perform later during the celebration . the bus came to a sudden stop and jongin's yoyo stick fell next to jae's leg . she held out her hand to reach for the stick but it turned out to be jongin's . she quickly pulled her hand away and press the bell. she alight from the bus and walk quickly to the traffic light. jongin chases after her " jae-ah !" 

" omo . he called my front name. should i stop?" as soon as she finished her sentence , jaehwa's legs fell asleep . she stood there and turned around. she dropped her super junior photo bookmark. she took it and said thank you. jongin ended up walking next to jae hwa . it was a really awkward situation. its her crush beside her . she scratches her head , pull her dress down,adjust her bag and do all kind of stuff to distract her . "uhm are you performing?" jae hwa tried to talk . jongin nodded " you must clap !" it was still early .6.30 am , both of them reached the school hall and being the only one in the hall, it was another awkward situation. jongin wanted to master his skills so he won't make any mistake. jae hwa sat in the middle of the hall admiring him doing yoyo stick . he turned , jumped, throw the yoyo up and around he ends his small performance for jae hwa by bowing to her . her mind is lost. she clap and felt happy . suddenly, mr lee came in the hall to check the sound system 

" are you dating? "

"what? no !" jae hwa and jongin said it at the same time and laughed. mr lee did his work . jongin walk from up the stage down and approaching jae hwa . her heart went dugu dugu dugu dugu everytime. as he is about to sit, he slip on his shoe and fell towards jae hwa . " ya ya ya !" jae hwa shouted. jongin's hand had to support his body so he held onto jae hwa's hand . jae hwa freezes . she couldn't blink , couldn't move. she loves the situation but had to snap out of reality . jae hwa helped jongin up and let go of the embrace. 

students starts to arrive and when jongin's classmate arrives, he waved his hand profusely and left. he let out a big smile on his face which melted jae hwa's heart . she squirms and move her whole body .

" did you talk to him?" jimin ( jaehwa's bffffff) asked.

" oh omg . i can't believe he touched my hand " jae hwa told jimin as she took jimin's palm and reenact the scene. she smiled and move her body from left to right while hugging jimin's hand " YA GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF YOU PABO!" jimin shouted . 

----

after flag raising cermony, students get seated down and wait for the performance to start. it's finally yoyo stick performance which jongin will be doing. jimin moved back to her seat . jae hwa put on a calm face as she didn't want anyone from her class about liking jongin. the performance started. jongin came out with a red button up t-shirt and a slim cut pants. he looks super super hot. jae hwa's lips naturally spread wider , she was too focused on jongin that when her friend called her , she ignored . the performance ended. the whole school clapped for him as well as jae hwa . meanwhile, the boys seating behind jae hwa started teasing her  " eppp jae hwa likes jongin ! JAE HWA LIKES JONGIN " with them shouting that one sentence, the whole atmosphere changes. it became quiet. the whole school focuses on jae hwa. people started staring at her and said she's too ugly for him. the boys behind kept laughing and laughing. jae hwa couldn't take it any longer... she stood up and walked out of the hall and went to the concourse and sat down. tthe ceremony ended and school ended. jongin walked towards jae hwa who is seating at the very end of the concourse alone crying. he gave her tissue.

" are you okay? " jae hwa nodded and took the tissue. 

" so you heard it all ?" jae hwa opened . 

" orh. i heard it... but i really treasure our friendship .. can we stay as friends...?" jongin tried explaining to jae hwa in a very polite way . jae hwa aggreed but deep inside her heart, she's hurting. her crush rejected her. But she thought it was reasonable enough as it was the first time they start talking . jae hwa walked out of the school to go home. " wait! lets walk together " jae hwa aggreed.

--------

the ride home was awkward. the bus turned , it's the bus stop to alight. jae hwa and jongin approached the same hand bell. their hand touched. it was awkward. both of them alight. jae hwa walked up the stairs while jongin crosses the road. once jae hwa reaches the top , she looked down the hill. jongin walked slowly while hitting his head. 

---Jongin POV---

jae hwa alight the bus with jongin . she climb the stairs and he walks towards the traffic light .

" should i turn? should i not turn?"

questions starts to kick in . did jongin fell in love? he doubt it himself. he turned his head . jae hwa isn't looking .he felt stupid for turning and kept hitting his head . " wait no . i can't like her . she's not my type??" 

---end of pov---

Few days later , while jaw hwa is walking home , she saw jongin around her neighbourhood with a girl named Vy which rumors spread saying jongin and Vy is dating . jae hwa have been looking at him for the longest time . jongin sent vy under her block and walked back home . he kept turning around eyeing for vy which made jae hwa kinda jealous. the last turn jongin did , his eye is fixed towards jae hwa . both of them paused their step and looked at each other across the road.jongin walked over towards jae hwa . 

" can we talk? " jae hwa nodded feeling awkward. she followed jongin to the park behind jae hwa's block and they sat down. 

" will you date me?" jongin asked. jae hwa looked behind her , turned back towards him and pointing at her

"m-me-me?" 

" yes you . i really feel that you are interesting and i wanted to know you ."

jae hwa said yes. 

"but vy?"

"nah she's nothing."

from there, jongin and jae hwa officially became boyfriend and girlfriend. they would go eat after school , walk home together every single day . they held hands and gave pecks on the cheeks every single day . it was the best thing for jae hwa .Soon it was their 4th monthsary and little did jae hwa knows , jongin planned something. he brought jae hwa to a really nice outdoor picnic , their school mates and classmates attended it , even jongin's best friends.they had dinner together and jongin went to the front to say something. 

" everyone , i told you i can do it ! it was easy " 

" easy? do it ? what is it ?" jae hwa's mind is filled with questions. she didn't feel well .

" jae hwa , this is actually fake. fake relationship. "

" fake? what fake relationship ? jae hwa stood up and went towards jongin . 

" fake . yea fake. i mean , if i managed to date you for 4 months, they would give me money. " jae hwa lost her words and starts to tremble. she slowly walk toward the back of the crowd and hear mumbling " ugly duckling you think he would like you " " ugly " " stupid girl " words starts to fill jae hwa's mind . she can no longer take it and ran towards the river . her legs went asleep and she fell to the ground. jae hwa started crying and crying she couldn't believe what jongin just said out of his mouth. from that time onwards, rumors spread around the school , where ever jae hwa go , people would laugh at her and talk about her . one time , she's walking out from the classroom to the toilet and walking pass every classroo, she came across jongin's class. the guys shouted " UGLY DUCKLING HAHa FAkE " jae hwa started tearing and saw jongin in the class watching and not doing anything. luckily it was jae hwa's last day of school before she move to america alone for futher studying. going home was a disaster as she sat in the same bus as jongin . his friends kept teasing her.

" stop it " jongin said once

" haha why are you scared she might kill her self ?"

"JUST STOP YOU IDIOT!" jongin explodes . the bus stop and both of them got down . 

" jae hwa " jongin called her.

" what now? "

"im sorry .. i shouldn't have..."

" forget it. " jae hwa took her step up the stairs 

" are you free tomorrow?"

" what now kim jongin ? want to play with my heart again ?" 

" no . i need to talk . "

" forget it . im flying to america later midnight " jae hwa accidentally told him . 

" what? america?

" ah forget it "

jae hwa quickly climb up the stairs . and went home . she packed her last minute items said her goodbye to her parents and left for the airport.

jongin pov*

america? is she migrating? is she really angry?" questions starts to come in . he quickly flag a taxi and drove to the airport. he went every terminal to search for midnight flight and he finally found the only midnight flight towards america . he waited for jae hwa at the departure hall . jongin became restless . he moved from left to right , fold his arms and sat down . he stood up and kept doing that back and fourth . he walked towards the restroom when he saw jae hwa . he kept quiet. jae hwa looked up and saw jongin . 

end of pov*

jae hwa paused her step and turned back around . " JAE HWA !" jongin shouted across the empty airy room . it echos and attracted attention . 

jongin walked and held jae hwa's hand from the back  " let go " jae hwa shook his hand . jae hwa took her bg and quickly check in to the departure hall which is stictly allowed for those who have tickets but jongin break through 2 policemen and grab jae hwa's hand tightly and pulled her out to the airport entrance. 

" what now kim jongin ?!" jae hwa pullled her hand and shouted . 

" im sorry !"

" oh , you're sorry . then ? " 

" i love you "

" wow . what a liar . you stupid . you think you can buy me ? " jae hwa kept punching jongin's shoulder. 

" i thought i wouldn't fall for you but i did . and im serious. slap me punch me i will still say i love you cause i do !" jongin said it loud and firmly. alot of people nearby are staring . 

" im sorry . but i can't anymore. i thought you are nice but you are just one stupid jerk ." jae hwa turned around and walk really fast . 

" I LOVE YOU JAE HWA . pls don't leave me . my chest starts hurting , my mind is sick thinking about you . i need you " Hearing those words from jongin, jae hwa started crying really hard. she lost balance and walked slowly to the chair area . she tuck her head down and cried. she felt a warm hug surrounding her. it was jongin." sorry i was mean , i am bad , i think about myself" jongin whispered to jae hwa. she slowly move her hands and hug jongin's waist placing her head on his chest hearing his heart beat beating really really fast. she took her fist and hit jongin in the back for a few times from hard to a soft punch ." pabo pabo " she kept saying stupid . jongin calm her down and bend his knees. 

" will you start again with me jae hwa? "

jae hwa stood up . " sorry , i love you but you hurt me so badly i just don't trust you . sorry jongin sorry , don't find me . i'll be fine" 

jae hwa quickly walk leaving jongin . jongin can't believe what jae hwa just said. he sat down and cried 

" will you perform me your yoyo stick ?"

jongin looked up and its jae hwa smiling right at him.