"I'm Trying To Find You,"

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?

 

Oh the silent purrs of the fat tabby cat that had rested itself upon Kyungsoo's lap. He stared at it in wonder, why the cat had become so attached to him. The tabby cat was a stray that he found, sitting near the leaves of autumn, meowing weakly at strangers who pass by.

 

 

Kyungsoo was one of those strangers, and he was no different from the rest of them. He used to pass by the cat by coincidence, sparing it a glance a first, but soon he started giving it some of his leftover snacks, or any of his food that he had bought extra from the convenience store nearby. He gives the cat a few on the head, making the cat purr in an adored way, and soon it became a habit for the both of them.

 

 

Kyungsoo visited it almost every day, silently smiling to himself after the cat rubbed its soft head on his leg. The usually skinny and wounded cat got better and healthier each day, and not to mention, fatter too, as Kyungsoo was not the cat's only visitor. Soon, the cat was actually living a healthy life, despite his home which concludes a worn- out box that the poor cat had always slept in, during cold nights or hot sunny days.

 

 

Till today Kyungsoo cared for the cat, as the type wouldn't socialize much, he would just shut everyone out of his world. 

 

 

He looked at the stray cat and it looked back at him with its gleaming eyes, unusually large for cats.

 

 

He wondered if the landlord agreed to take in pets.

 

 

 

*~*

 

 

He did take the cat in, eventually. 

 

 

He looked for a place to settle the cat in as he shrugged and placed the cat on the couch, and the cat purred slightly as Kyungsoo scratched its head, and stopped when Kyungsoo pulled away. Kyungsoo was busy looking for a bowl, to fill it up with milk, and eventually took out a small one, and placed it on the ground. The cat jumped skilfully from the couch to the ground with such grace, it made Kyungsoo wonder if the cat wasn't exactly a stray.

 

 

As the cat the milk from the bowl, Kyungsoo was busy thinking of names to call it.

 

 

Its slightly puffy fur was a shade of glossy black and pure white, while its eyes were a shade of chocolate. After (embarrassedly) looked at the cat's behind, Kyungsoo found out that it was a male cat.

 

 

Now, he should think of a name that suits the male cat.

 

 

Blacky? Whitey? Puffy? Black and White? 

 

 

Bl- Blite...?

 

 

"What." Kyungsoo questioned himself and shook his head. He wasn't actually aware of his lack of ideas for name.

 

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and shook his head. He wasn't good at giving nicknames, was he? 

 

 

"Cat."

 

 

The female cat stopped , and looked at Kyungsoo with his emerald eyes, as if saying "What?".

 

 

That was enough to make Kyungsoo's lips curl up in shock and rather amused, and he immeditatelscooped up the cat to be again.

 

 

 

*~*

 

 

"A cat, hyung? Really?" A familiar boy made himself comfortable on Kyungsoo's couch as Kyungsoo made tea. 

 

 

"What's wrong with having one?" Kyungsoo looked at the younger with a slight pout in his voice, and the younger boy who was Kyungsoo's junior, clicked his tongue.

 

 

"You know I have al- al- HACHOO!" Sehun sniffed, and scratched his nose, while pulling out a tissue from the box hastily as Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows amusedly.

 

 

"Yeah, exactly why I got one too." Kyungsoo continued pouring the tea, ignoring the younger's hurt gaze.

 

 

"I'm kidding, but you really need to stop coming over so much."

 

 

"Why? This is the only place I can hang out with free food and drinks." Sehun pursed his lips when Kyungsoo sent him a death glare.

 

 

"Oh Sehun I will stuff that cat down your throat."

 

 

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Sehun raised his arms in defense and helped Kyungsoo with the tea. "Is it a stray you picked off from the street or something?" He raised an eyebrow.

 

 

"I guess so. He used to sleep in boxes by the street." Kyungsoo answered and sipped his tea as Sehun eyed the cat suspiciously, with a tissue box ready on his lap.

 

 

“It’s a he, hm,” Sehun tilted his head and nodded. “What’s his name?”

 

 

“Cat.”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“What.”

 

 

“I asked you for his name.”

 

 

“I told you, Cat.

 

 

Sehun gave up and rolled his eyes, he wasn’t sure of what he should expect from Kyungsoo anymore. Even to Sehun he was still quite cold, he never actually warmed up to Sehun, even though they’ve had been friends for about two years.

 

 

Sehun’s mind wandered to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo’s best friend. Baekhyun was actually the only person Kyungsoo had entrusted his life with, as they’ve had been together since diapers. Sehun pouted at this, and his train of thought got cut off when Kyungsoo had nudged him and gestured at the plate of cookies that were placed neatly in front of him. As Sehun’s eyes gleamed brightly at the cookies, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but ate one as well.

 

 

“Well, what’s on your mind, Sehun?” Kyungsoo took a bite and waited for Sehun to finish devouring his.

 

 

“Hyung, how come you’ve never told me anything?”

 

 

Sehun asked Kyungsoo in a casual way, as if he never meant the question to be serious, but knowing Kyungsoo, it was hard for him to differentiate jokes and the real thing. (Of course he knew sassy, for his own best friend Baekhyun was known for his sassiness.)

 

 

Kyungsoo frowned slightly and settled his cookie down. “What do you mean?”

 

 

“I mean you tell Baekhyun- hyung everything, and I know, I know, he’s your best friend since diapers but I mean, I’m here too.” Sehun tilted his head while pursing his lips. It was true; He was. Kyungsoo was closer to Sehun more than anyone else, surprisingly. He was literally like a diary to Kyungsoo, just that he never knew it himself.

 

 

Maybe Baekhyun had been with Kyungsoo, when he needed a shoulder to cry on or help in getting himself out of the mess he always was in, but now Baekhyun was overseas, Sehun was the one constantly worrying for Kyungsoo.

 

 

Sehun wondered why had he worried so much for his indifferent friend, but seeing past Kyungsoo’s dark brown eyes, he saw everything that he needed to know.

 

 

“Sehun you’re talking to me as if I have a huge debt to pay and some mafias are going to come by in a few more hours.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and Sehun turned pale.

 

 

“....You’re not- serious, right?”

 

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in reply and Sehun sighed in relief.

 

“I don’t know, I’m just worried about you, hyung.” Sehun took a bite of his cookie and nodded.

 

 

“Well you don’t need to, I can take care of myself. With or without Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo took the cat to his lap and it, avoiding Sehun’s frowning gaze and smiled a very, very lonely smile.

 

 

*~*

 

 

Papers were swamping Kyungsoo.

 

 

To think that he hated the thing he loves doing most in the whole wide world right now.

 

 

“--- she laced her fingers against the firm hold of the pistol, knife in the other hand, and with a lunatic grin on her face, she sliced—“

 

 

Kyungsoo folded his arms, deleting back the words he had unconsciously typed into the chapter, and groaned.

 

 

He had no ideas, none at all. His deadline was coming near and he has only completed a few chapters of the book.

 

 

Kyungsoo stepped away from his desk and walked to the kitchen.

 

 

He poured coffee for himself, settling himself down to think before pouring out more ideas for his soon- to- be bestselling book, and sighed. Coffee was helping him stay awake, but couldn’t help his overwhelming tiredness that seemed to take over his body.

 

 

He closed his eyes and waited for the amazing ideas that were going to float by in his head, but then he scowled, as what appeared weren’t ideas, but memories.

 

 

Bad, bad memories.

 

 

“HAHA, You’re a stupid kid, aren’t you? You fatty fatass.”

 

 

“You’re never going to make it, with this, Mr. Do. It doesn’t suit our taste.”

 

 

“Who would want to be friends with you? You’re a spoilt freak!”

 

 

“Playing Mr. Tough Guy, aye? Answer me you little piece of-“

 

 

“Awh boo hoo, where are your friends? Oh I know. YOU NEVER HAD THEM, HAHA.”

 

 

“Lonely, aren’t you? What, are you too cool for friends? Emo bastard.”

 

 

“You never had anyone.”

 

 

Anyone.

 

 

Anyone.

 

 

Anyone.

 

Kyungsoo frowned even more, his brain was exploding from the playing memories that kept repeating the same scenes, from when he was bullied, to him getting rejected, to him being left alone.

 

 

Had he really never had anyone?

 

The one personality Kyungsoo hated about himself is his fragility. He wondered how he always had to suffer with common thoughts like this, but he still had the will to not give up. He massaged his temples and nearly spilt his coffee as he jumped and saw the tabby cat had rubbed his head against his leg unexpectedly and caressed its soft head. Kyungsoo wiped away his tears and remember what Sehun had advised him the other day.

 

 

He couldn’t break down, no.

 

 

He did have someone.

 

 

He has Baekhyun, and Sehun. And maybe this stray cat could count as a someone, too.

 

 

He wasn’t alone, he repeated.

 

 

He bit back the tears and replaced it with a scowl, but disappeared instantly after he paid attention to the cat that suddenly appeared behind the kitchen counter, and immediately prodded to Kyungsoo.

 

 

“Hey there buddy, I thought you were asleep.” Kyungsoo patted its head, and it meowed in return, nuzzling its nose on Kyungsoo’s sleeve.

 

 

“Guess we’re both not having some sleep tonight, hm.”

 

 

                                    *~*

The next morning he decided. Maybe taking the cat home wasn’t exactly the best decision he made. But then again, when was the last time he made a good one? Kyungsoo shook his head at his apartment, only disappearing to buy groceries and went home to see his house turned upside- down.

 

 

His carpet and his curtain were what he observed first; they were obviously brutally abused by the cat’s claws, and they looked horrible. His couch was next, the feathery dust were spread out throughout his apartment, making it looked quite messy and heavenly at the same time. He sighed, but nevertheless took a seat on his ruined couch, as the cat popped out of nowhere and landed gracefully on his lap, and purred as Kyungsoo its soft head, taking out the cat food from the plastic bag, getting an excited meow from the cat.

 

 

*~*

 

 

“Hyung what the hell happened here.”

 

 

Sehun looked around Kyungsoo’s apartment, his eyes widen while a gaping frown set itself on his handsome mouth. Sehun entered the apartment to visit his friend, he does this daily, but never has he seen his apartment so.. messy, since he knew how much of a neat- freak Kyungsoo was with his apartment.

 

 

Kyungsoo shrugged and pointed at the cat in response.

 

 

“You really need to teach that cat a lesson.” Sehun shook his head, and placed himself next to Kyungsoo.

 

 

“It’ll learn.” Kyungsoo responded while giving the cat a soft look, making Sehun raise an eyebrow.

 

 

“You’re even fonder of the cat than you are of me.” Sehun pouted, and folded his arms.

 

 

“Oh shut up.”

 

 

“Anyways, have you heard the news?

 

 

“What news?”

 

 

*~*

 

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t lie. He was excited as a boy on Christmas! He heard the news from Sehun that his best friend, Baekhyun, was finally coming back to Seoul! He had been grinning since morning, the heart- shaped smile carved on his features never left since he and Sehun had cleaned up the mess in his apartment yesterday.

 

 

Sehun noticed it immediately, and smiled, knowing that Kyungsoo was finally able to reunite with his best friend, his other half since birth. He too, was excited to see this Baekhyun, even when he’s never met him before, only stories by Kyungsoo himself.

 

 

Kyungsoo was shopping with Sehun for the welcome home gift he’d buy for Baekhyun. Both of them didn’t know what to get for the boy, and settled for a simple thing, a small thing that even picky Baekhyun would like.

 

 

A snow globe.

 

 

“Hyung! Hyung, what about this one?” Sehun tugged on Kyungsoo quite rashly, almost causing the both of them to knock over a shelf and Kyungsoo punching Sehun on the ribs.

 

 

Sehun ignored the throbbing pain and grabbed the snow globe, and handed it over to Kyungsoo. Inside the beautiful glass orb was a cosy wooden house, children playing around a snowman and a certain man clad in red with a beard, handing out presents to them.

 

 

Kyungsoo observed the small thing and smiled. This was perfect, he said in his mind. Sehun didn’t need to know the answer as he saw the gleam in Kyungsoo’s eyes and grabbed the snow globe almost immediately.

 

 

What Sehun didn’t know was, the children that were surrounding the snowman; it reminded Kyungsoo of him and his friends. Baekhyun, Sehun, him and Chanyeol. He wondered who the fifth child that were interlocking their fingers along the group of friends too, though.

 

 

He shrugged and walked behind Sehun.

 

 

Well he didn’t give it much thought, because he had friends, and maybe he wasn’t alone after all.

 

 

 

----

 

HELLO YES HELLO I AM BACK AS. 

lmfao that was a horrible starting. As you can see- I've improved a lot in this chapter- and I'm done with the second chapter, it's gonna be up soon! thank you so much to the subs, the views, the upvotes, I'm really flattered.

plus- comments i sarang u. And I'm really sorry for disappearing- I forgot all about this and I'm gonna have my super important test soon. I'll finish this though! 

 

chao my as. 

 

jk ily guys mwah