1

A Place In Your Heart

Is it bad to think that a friend took your space in that someone special's heart?
Yongguk knew it was, but unlike what he wanted that space to be, it wasn't his to occupy.

He watched as Daehyun straightened his tux and then turned around and gave him a worried smile.
Yongguk just gave him a curt nod and forced a smile on his lips.

It was his day and it wasn't the older's place to ruin that.
Even if he was his childhood friend, even if the feelings he held for the younger were much stronger then any other feelings anybody else could ever hold for him, it wasn't his place.

Daehyun approached him and fixed his bow tie as he hummed a song Yongguk once composed.
He smiled at the melody.

Who was he going to share his compositions with? To show his lyrics to.
Dae was the only person who knew about his passion for music and how much he wanted to pursue it.
He was the only one supporting and encouraging and telling him that he had a huge talent while others just looked at him crookedly.

"And you said we would start a band or something" he smiled softly and looked down at the other.

He liked the contrast of their heights, he wasn't much taller then the younger but he knew that they were the perfect height for each other, where would I find someone with a perfectly synced height with mine he thought as his smile faltered and turned from a genuine one back to a forced one.
Daehyun chuckled and shook his head "you would find someone else" he muttered a bit too bitterly to the others liking.
Yongguk grabbed his chin and forced his head up.
"Not as good as you" he said, almost falling for the temptation of kissing his plump lips.
Daehyun the them and smiled at him.
"Still, pursue it even if you won't find someone better then me, 'k?" The younger referred to his dream and Yongguk pursed his lips.

How could he pursue his dream now when an important part of it was missing.

"Hey! Hey!" Daehyun grabbed the older's face as he turned to look away, tears welling up in his eyes, "look at me!" He demanded and Yongguk inhaled a shaky breath.
"Nothing is going to change! Nothing! I am not leaving! I will always be by your side! You know she means nothing to me and she never will, you are the only one and that's not going to change!" He said and Yongguk looked at his eyes.

They were sincere, they were pained and they were full of love, bittersweet and salty love.

Yongguk pressed a kiss onto Daehyuns lips and the other gave into it.
If it weren't for Yongguks strong pair of arms, he would have collapsed, he would have fallen apart and break into tears.

He wasn't as strong as he made himself out to be, but he had to put up a front, because Daehyun was one to always please, he never thought of himself and would only think about others.
But sometimes he hurt the people that were the most important to him in the process.

And that was Yongguk.
He never loved someone like he loved him, and he didn't want to ruin that with this wedding.

A soft knock on the door and they parted, face flushed and lips slightly red and swollen.
"We're ready" the brides mother chimed in then closed the door after her, leaving the two alone again.

Yongguk looked at Daehyun and forced another fake smile, he didn't know Daehyun could tell because that was the smile he adored each day of his life and those were the eyes that would look at him everyday, with the most loveable glint and he would just fall into it and bathe in the feeling it gave him.
Those were his and he knew marrying another would be a mistake but fear took over him as the thought that he might never have a family creeped and slowly settled in his mind.
It was quiet at first but then it grew louder and he knew, he couldn't ignore it so he crouched under his fear and agreed to an arranged marriage his parents set up.

He inhaled deeply then smiled at him,the most confident smile he could pull.
He approached him then kissed his lips hastily then muttered a soft 'I love you' against his lips.
Yongguk nodded as he returned the words with a quiet and sincere 'I love you too'.

They both walked out and Yongguk stood at the very back, he refused to be the best man on his lovers wedding and he kept his distance in fear that a tear might slip and someone would see.

Daehyun took his stance near the alter and the girl by the piano started to play the soft familiar sound of the melody Yongguk knew he now hates.

The one who took the man he loved away from him walked down the aisle as he cursed himself for one thought that ran in his mind.
At least she's pretty.

It was as if he accepted it and he never will but that's how it felt like.
It felt like if she was at least that then he would be happy, that they would have pretty children and he would be the best uncle he could be, but as he thought that, his heart clenched in his chest and he felt like the air was knocked out of his lungs, making every move he made unbareable.

Yongguk watched as the man he loved held the hands of his bride and recited his vows.

As if everything slipped from his fingers, time stood still when the words 'I do' came out of his mouth.

Yongguk knew it was fake but the smile on the others lips looked so genuine that he wanted to cry.

After the ceremony their eyes never met,they didn't talk or smile at each other.
It was their silent acceptance that now everything had fallen into place.

Daehyun had another in his heart and Yongguk would be okay, because that's how life goes.
You fall in love and you fall out of love.
True, sometimes you find that special someone and when you lose them you never forget.
But Yongguk hoped with all his heart that Daehyun wasn't his special someone because if he was then Yongguk would kill himself, if not out of choice then out of grief, because he just lost a friend, a lover, a dear person to him and he was grieving from the bottom of his heart.

They both knew that even with their promise to never let the marriage get in their way.
Still, they both knew.
This wasn't a farewell, they weren't going to see each other again.
This was a goodbye...and to both it hurt like hell.


it's short...so damn short i want to cry...but i love sad stories...they seem more real, i just don't have enough talent to write those ones where your heart just bursts out of your chest as you painfully sob for a fictional character...oh well, at least i try right? ;)