Maknae's Tears

Maknae's Tears

He stood anxiously between Hoya and Sungyeol, his hands gripping his microphone so tightly they were beginning to hurt. His heart racing so fast he was having trouble getting his breath to keep up.

 

This was it. The results.

 

The result boxes appeared. Sungjong  looked up. He watched as the numbers changed. Theirs and 2NE1's staying the same.... and then it happened. Their numbers went up. They had won.

 

Sungjong heard the cheers around him and his heart began to beat faster.... happier.

 

He looked over Sunggyu, their strong leader, choking back tears as he gave his speech. He saw Dongwoo hyung, Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung crying. They can't controlled their feelings.

 

He smiled as Sungyeol left Myungsoo's arm and entered his own. As he felt Sungyeol's tears on his neck, Sungjong fought to hold back his own.

 

He couldn't cry. Not yet. Not here. Not in front of the audiences.

 

Hoya was attempting to speak now. Sungyeol haf left his arms. People were still cheering. He looked to his right, Woohyun, their greasy hyung, was crying so badly. And beside Woohyun was Myungsoo, trying fought his tears too.

 

Sungjong went to hug Woohyun, again fighting back his tears.

 

*Not yet Sungjong. Not yet*

Hoya gave a cheerful shout. Sungjong turned to began bowing to those behind them, hearing the jumbled congratulatory remarks.

 

He grabbed Woohyun, who was on his own, still crying, and pulled him close. The other groups were leaving the stage. Their song began to play. All he wanted to do was cry. *Keep smiling Sungjong. Don't cry. Not yet.*

 

They finished their encore stage, comical dance included by Sungyeol and Dongwoo and headed backstage. In the waiting room, new tears began to flow anew.

 

Sungjong looked around.Sunggyu had a sobbing Woohyun in a fierce embrace. Hoya was holding to Dongwoo while the older cried into his shoulder and Sungyeol tried to stop crying by drinking some water. Then, a teary eyed Myungsoo was standing in front of him.

 

Sungjong went to embrace Myungsoo into his arms. As the two embraced, arms squeezing so tight that their muscles began to ache, Sungjong continued to fight back tears.

 

It still wasn't time to let them fall. There were still too many people watching. He needed to wait a little longer.

 

 

They were i the car headed back home. Sungjong was staring out of the window, finding comfort in the night sky.

 

The others were joyfully conversing, their tears dried. But not his, his had yet to begin. It was getting harder and harder to hold them in when all he wanted to do was let them free. But not yet. Their manager were still present.

 

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Sunggyu hold Woohyun's hand, softly caressing it. He looked over Myungsoo. Their eyes met and both smiled.

 

'We're almost there.' Myungsoo mouthed to him. Sungjong nodded his head.

 

*Soon Sungjong, soon.*

The car pulled up in front of their building. They said goodnight to their manager, he was off to meet someone, and piled out of the car. As Sunggyu closed the car door, their manager rolled down his window.

 

"I'm so proud of all of you." He said. Sungjong's eyes clouded over with tears.

 

"You deserved this tonight. I have never seen you work harder than you did for this album."

 

Sungjong bit his lip. *Hold it in. Hold it in.*

"You deserve even more and I promise you will get it." Their manager smiled at them and drove to leave.

 

They headed inside the building. Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong's arm.

 

"Almost Jongie. Almost." Sungyeol whispered.

 

They piled into the elevator. Sungjong closed his eyes. Then, he felt Myungsoo's hand intertwine with his. He could barely keep it together. His chest throbbed from holding in sobs, his eyes burned with unshed tears and his mind raced.

 

He thought of all of their hardwork. The days and days without sleep, the hours and hours spent in recording and dance studios. The illnesses, injuries, pain and blood. The physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion they were all feeling.

 

And the absolute joy he felt knowing that it had all been worth it. The absolute joy he felt knowing that they, INFINITE, were loved.

 

He squeezed his eyes tighter as tears slowly began to fall.

 

He hears the elevator door open, but kept his eyes closed. He felt Myungsoo pull him along, squeezing his hand. He felt Sungyeol's hand on his shoulders, helping guide him into their dorm.

 

And before shoes were off, before his legs could give way, he was pulled into Myungsoo's arms.

 

Myungsoo held him tight, as Sungjong's body shook with sob after sob.

 

The other members watched, their own tears falling, as Sungjong sobbed and Myungsoo cried.

 

They watched as Sungjong, clenching at Myungsoo's back, repeated over and over that they had done it and he loved them.

 

They watched what rarely ever happened. For Sungjong would only cry in front of them, s. His family. His loved ones.

 

 

Later that night, Sungjong would cry again. Only this time it would be silently in bed, but he would still be in the arms of the one he loved the most.

 


So, here my 2nd myungjong one-shot. Mianhae if it's not satisfy all of you >.<