Chapter One – Resignation

Beauty and the Geek

True enough, that one hour was the most antagonizing period of his life. Never had he been so humiliated, and his face been tortured. Eyebrows tweezed and trimmed, eyelashes clumped and painted. Even his lips taste weird.

 As Selina stepped back to admire her “handiwork”, she smiled deviously.

 ‘That look in her eye, that glint...’ Danson shivered under her watchful eyes.

 “My beauty! No wonder you’re my twin! I knew you’d fare better as a girl!” She exclaimed after a while as she moved away, removing the only obstacle between him, and the mirror, which was to show him his worst nightmare.

 “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!” Danson cried out in horror. How could she do that? His manhood! His dignity!

 “Hey bro, if you’re going to pose as me, at least be a beauty. Because that’s what I am!” She responded, flicking her hair back.

 Indeed, we all know that Selina is a really pretty girl. With her sweet smile, and her electrifying eyes, she’s been attracting guys since kindergarten. Now, 18-year-old and all grown up, she looks more attractive. There’s this statement they always made about girls at 18; becoming a stalk of flower or something in that sense. (So they were just seedlings before 18?)

 “But not me! I am posing as Selina, but I am not going to smear those stuff on my face! I don’t have this kind of special interest!” Danson was hysterical. He never thought that his sister would go to the extent of asking him to put on make-up.

 Taking pity on her poor brother, who was suffering for her sake, she decided to show leniency. Which was rare. Very rare.

 “Alright! You can do without the make-up. I’m afraid three months of that might change you into a …. Anyway! This, you can skip. But there’re two more important objects that you must have. Two objects that you can never say ‘no’ to, two objects that you must give it your all to protect!” She peered into Danson’s eyes as she neared him.

 He could only gaped in fright, for what was to come. He knew he shouldn’t have agreed. That imp! His eyes widened as they fixated on the two items that Selina took out from behind her.

 “What is that hairy thing? And that two blobs of...thing?” He knew what those were, but refused to acknowledge the truth.

 Selina cocked her head sideway and chirped, “Wig! And s!”

 Danson were too flabbergasted to react and before he knew it, Selina had him wear the wig and was trying to force the ‘s’ on him.

 He tried to put up a fight, but he knew that when against his dearest twin sister, any resistance is futile. He resigned to his fate and let Selina carried on with what she was doing. As she was still struggling with his s, Danson looked up to the sky, and wondered if his life in the school would be as bad. When a sudden realisation hits him – it might be worse.