Until the end

Better This Way

Truly you'll never know the real value of something unless you lose them. But in Baekhyun's case it was someone.
That was the words that keep on running and running in Baekhyun's mind ever since the day he woke up into an empty bed.

Han Eunji left their school and even left their town. What Baekhyun don't understand is why she has to move away from him.

 

Is she hurt that much?

Does she hate him now?

Will he ever see her again?

 

 

 

After few months..

 

 

"Jongg." Eunji exclaimed and bumped her shoulders with him. "Sorry for making you wait."

"What took you so long?" The boy asked and furrowed his brows. He turned to face her and helped her carry her belongings. "You're lucky you have me."

"Yes. Yes, I am." She said and rolled her eyes.

 

After Eunji left Seoul to transfer to Gwangmyeong, she had manage to continue her studies with Jongin at the same school and to live under the same roof with him.

 


 

Baekhyun had lost his hope to find Eunji, even her friends at Seoul doesn't even know where she'd go. He knows that Eunji have no relatives here in Korea, so where can she possibly go?


Baekhyun has been in Gwangmyeon for three weeks straight now. Conducting some research for his requirements on his major subject. He was running towards the bus stop to catch the last bus when he accidentally bumped into someone.


"Ow. Shooot." The guy fell on his and the book he was holding fell under his grasp.

"Sir. I'm sorry. I was in a hurry." Baekhyun said and helped him gather his book.

"Jong! What are you still doing there? We'll miss the bus if don't get your off there." Eunji turned around and saw Jongin gathering his things.

 

Baekhyun and Jongin both stood up and Jongin turned his heels to approache Eunji. "You're lucky we didn't miss the bus or you'll piggy back me going home." Eunji muttered and step inside the bus.


Baekhyun squinted his eyes for a few seconds trying to absorb what had just happened. He stood there stuck in the same position watching the bus passed by him. "Eun...ji." He muttered not sure if it was really her.


When he was finally sure that it was her , he ran to catch the bus but he was too late. He panted and tried to catch his breath, resting his hands on both of his knees. He looked at the fading bus and smiled to himself sheepishly.

 

 

Ever since that day, Baekhyun always stood there at same bus stop just a few minutes earlier than the 'bus stop encounter'. He always waited for her but he never got the chance to see her again after that day.


"This will be the last." Baekhyun muttered to himself hopelessly. He went at the same bus stop an hour earlier than the usual. His research came to an end and he have to go back to Seoul to do some editing. His friend called him asking if he was on his way back to Seoul. He shrugged his shoulder and heaved a sigh. I lost another oppurtunity, again. He thought. With one last goodbye he hangs up.


He stood up from the shelter's bench and fixed his bag's lace. He sighed heavily and step inside the bus and took a seat at the back part of the bus.  The bus started moving and he watched as the buildings ignite the city lights.


The bus stopped abruptly and number of students came inside the bus. "Thanks ahjusshi." The girls squeal politely. Baekhyun averted his gaze to the latter girls and felt a rush going on in his spine.

"Eunji." He shouted from the back seat. The girl he was referring didn't even move or glance at him. He gulped and the bus halted at the moment, Eun ji stepped out of the bus and Baekhyun immediately followed suit.

He followed her silently, pausing at times to have some good distance.

 

 

Eun ji walked silently with her ear phones plug on her ears, taking her time going home. At times she would stop walking when she sensed that someone was following her. She fastened her pace, trying to escape from the person who's following her.


When she had finally reached her house, she immediately went to the front door and simultaneously knocked on the door. "Kkamjong!! Open up." She chanted while looking at her back crazily.


The door swung open and Eunji throw herself on Jongin's warm embrace. "What's the problem?" He asked trying to calm her down.


"There was someone following me." She uttered almost whispering. He let go of her and walked a few meters away from their door. "There's no one here."

"I'm sure, there was." Jongin went inside their house and closed the door behind him.

 

 

"Who is he?" Baekhyun asked himself, hiding behind a car. He knew Eunji, and she isn't a type of a girl to live with a person she just knew, especially when it's a male.

 

Baekhyun stayed the night at a lodging hotel and went back to Seoul early in the morning, promising himself that he'll come back and get her back.

 


 

"Ji. Are you expecting a visitor today?" Jongin asked her.


She averted her eyes from the television to Jongin, who was making their dinner. "Hmm. Nope." She answered and watched again.

"There was this guy, who's always in our front porch."

"Really?" She asked but she doesn't seem to be interested.

"Yeah. Since the day after you ran to me, telling me that there was actually someone following you."

"Seriously?" Now she sounds so... Scared? "Don't fool me." She taunted.

"Yeah. But he seems so nice." He retorted.


"Can you ask him who he's looking for but, if ever it was me, please tell him I'm not here." She favored with curiosity lying in her brownish orbs.

 

"Okay." He answered immediately and turned to open the front door. He cleared his throat, "Excuse me?"

 

The guy jolted from his seat and stand up instantly.

"Were you looking for someone?" Jongin asked, standing in front of the door.

The guy seemed amused and shy at the same time, scratching the back of his neck. "Hmm. I was actually looking for Eu-"

 

"Sorry. She's not here." With that Jongin slammed the door closed. He went to Eunji and sat beside her. "I'm sure with my attitude, he won't ever comeba-"

 

"Jongin! Why does he have to come here, when I was at the state of being perfectly fine?" She cut him off and grabbed his collar. "Tell me." She blurted and cried.

"Whoa! Eunji! You're creeping me out. Do you know that guy?" He asked and slowly removed Eunji's grip from his collar.

"That's Baekhyun for pete's sake. He was the one I was talking about for almost four months now!" She said and approached the window to see if he was still outside. Fortunately, he wasn't anymore.

 

When they thought that Baekhyun would stop from coming and staying outside their house, they proved their self wrong. He stayed much longer and would ask if she was there, even though he knows, Jongin would still deny and slam the door.

 

 

It was late at night when Jongin and Eunji came home from a friend's party. They had already expected that Baekhyun would stop by, but what shocked them the most is he had stayed until now and it's already two am in the morning.

 

He was just there sitting at the front porch with his head hung low. Eunji was trully touched with Baekhyun secretly following her until she got home or wait for her, for hours, outside their house. She walked slowly reaching for him but his head shot upwards with a sly smile.

 

She turned to avoid his gaze and sighed. "What are you still doing here?"

 

"I wanted to check if you were already at home, guess you are... right now." He said and removed the invisible dust on his pants.

"You can go home now, Baek." She said and passed by him. It hurts her to treat him like that but knowing him, knowing herself, it's better this way. "One more thing," she stopped without facing him. "I'm begging you, please stop coming and waiting for me." A tear escape from her eye and she just made her way inside the house, closing it silently.

 

 

"Just forget about him." Jongin approached her and hug her tightly.

 

"I wished it was that easy."

 

 


 

"How many time does she hav-" Jongin stopped mid-sentence when he saw the guy in front of their house with his head hung low. "..That she doesn't want to talk or even talk to you." He trailed.


Baekhyun held his head up and stared at Jongin's eyes. He looked distress and lost, like he was pleading for some sympathy. "Just this once." He muttered.


Jongin sighed, sure he doesn't want to see her hurt again but seeing how she reacted, how she would secretly pity him, he just can't stand there and watch her cry again. "Then give me a good reason to let you talk to her."

 

"Because I love her and I know she loves me, I may have hurt her from the beginning but I will surely make it up to her until she forgot how I had hurt her before." He tried not to cry but I tear had roll down from his eyes. "I wanted to tell her that I wa-"

 

"She's probably at the children's playground right now. Just go." Jongin answered, he saw in his eyes how determined he was to win her heart.


"W-what?"

"Just go or you'll lose her again." He taunted, Baekhyun almost tripped on his right foot. "Just don't make my cousin cry again!" He shouted and smirked.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun came at the children's park, he thought that maybe Jongin was just fooling him to tell where she was, but she was there, sitting at the swing, having her own world.


He occupied the other swing beside her. It was nearly evening that's why the park looks like deserted. "Can we please talk?" He finally said to break the thick tension around them. "Okay. Just please listen to me. I'm sorry I hurt you. I know I was at fault, I got you angry wit-"

"No Baek," she stood up taking a safe space between them. "I wasn't angry at you. I tried but it was just too hard. I was hopelessly in love with you.” Right there and then she started crying. “I was hoping that you can look at me the same way I look at you. I was hoping that you can see me more than a friend should see. I was hoping that you would at least try to love me back. But it turns out that the more you reject me the more I fall for you.”

She waited for a mere second for Baekhyun to reply, but he was just there sitting looking at her bemusedly. “And when I thought I had escaped those feelings for you, you suddenly show up. Why Baekhyun? I had granted your wish to avoid seeing you, would just please do your part and stop seeing me?” She wiped her tears.

 

“It was better this way.” She whispered and turned to leave him.

 

 

 

“I Love You!” He shouted and Eun ji stopped her track.

“If you’re saying that to lessen your guilt, just stop, because you’re making it worse.” She retorted without facing him.

“I know I’ve been a coward and it took me all the courage to face and clear things with you.” He paused. “Before you came into my life, I was pathetically in love with this girl, she was my closest friend and when I had man up to confessed to her she turned me down and told me it will never work because we were good friends and then just like that I loosed her.”

“And you thought ours will be the same with her?” She shot back and finally turned around, searching his eyes under this dark evening.

 

“I got scared, I was afraid that I would lose you so I kept my feelings for myself, thinking it was for the best. But either way I had loosed you.” He bowed and let himself feel the hurt and tears.

 

 

 

It was her turn to walk towards him; she held his face and caressed his cheeks. “Do you still love me?” He asked even though the answer was obvious
 

She didn’t answer first; she just stood there looking at his swollen eyes. “I never stopped loving you.”

 

 



 

Whoa!! We've made it! //Throws confetti// I know it wasnt good, but i still hoped you had enjoyed reading this sequel. It may be far from what you had expected, But hey, i did my best *pouts* THANK YOU for waiting patiently and I LOVE YOU for loving this story and for giving me a support and encouragements AND IM SORRY I didn't have the time to reply to all your comments T.T:* ^^ >:D< *HUGG&&KISSES*