Final

When You Were My Man

There.

I saw him.

He looked just the same. Handsome, delicate facial feature. His figure was still as slim as I had remembered.

But that wasn’t what shocked me the most.

It was the guy beside him. Red hair, chubby cheeks, a few centimeters shorter than him. The guy also had this gummy smile when he smiled to the person he was just introduced to.

Well, he had definitely found someone he truly love now. How did I know this, you ask?

The look he gave to the red-haired guy just now. It told... something.

He never looked at someone—even me—oh so fondly like that. And his smile. It was so pure it reached his eyes and made them twinkle in full affectionate. So affectionate I had to look away and paid more attention to my boyfriend who was busy talking to everyone who happened to pass by him.

My boyfriend was cute all right. But I think, I never got over him.

He was my first love, my first kiss, my first everything. But he was also my first heartbreak.

And Lord, did it hurt like hell.

I didn’t even know what I did wrong, and he so suddenly wanted to break up with me. He said I wasn’t enough. He also said that I was boring. Never pulled enough surprise birthday party. Never asked him out enough. Never took him to dance parties enough. I want to dance so bad, he said. Why can’t I go to those dance parties, he protested.

Well, he was my first everything. I didn’t want to lose him to some erts who would touch him inappropiately. I’ve never fell in love so hard toward someone, not even my parents.

A shook woke me up from my thoughts. My boyfriend eagerly asked me to dance to his song that was currently playing through the stereo around the ballroom.

And when I spotted them in the middle of the ballroom, in each other’s arms, dancing to some slow dance, it hit me.

I hope he pulls you enough surprise birthday parties.

I hope he asks you out enough.

I hope he takes you to a lot of dance parties because I knew how much you love to dance.

And I hope he loves you enough, enough that it makes you smile more like you did now. Enough that it brings you to cloud nine. Enough so that you will always remember to love him back, just as much—or even more, and to always look forward to your future together. I hope it will be full of laughter, love and more laughter and love.

 

I smiled at them, and my boyfriend kinda noticed it.

“Why are you smiling like that?”

“Nothing,” I answered quickly. “I’m just... happy, I guess,”

“You guess? Well, you better be not guessing it and just—“

I kissed him suddenly, and God, it felt right. Like, I was kissing the right person. The one.

“I love you, Tao.”

He was speechless, and his eyes were so surprised. He was really cute, and adorable looking bewildered like that.

“Wha— I—“ he stuttered. But then his eyes softened and he smiled fondly at me.

 “I love you too, Sehun.”

We looked at each other for a good one minute and then I realized I was leaning in to him.  We smiled to each other before out lips met once again, his meeting mine halfway.

It was heaven.

 

I haven’t had the chance to told you that I never stopped loving you. But I guess—wait, no, I’m sure I have to start loving my man more now. He’s my man after all, you know.

Well, keep loving each other and be happy, Lu.