Once Brothers

Once Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold wind has little effect on the dark figure that leans over the ledge to gaze at the city below him. Bright lights flicked throughout the streets below him, a soft luminescence reaching up to the night sky. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. The smell of oily foods mixed with the sounds of loud laughter and faint police sirens causes him to scrunch his nose, but he can’t help but let a faint smile play on his lips.

This is home.

“Onew”

Smile gone. He doesn’t have to turn around to know who the deep voice belongs to.

“Minho,” he sighs, more breathlessly than he intended.

Soft footsteps come towards him till Onew feels the warmth of a soul standing next to him.

Silence. Then words.

“What do you want Minho?” he asks softly. Minho sighs. The burden is heavy for the both of them.

“You know what I want.”

“What,” Onew hisses suddenly, turning to face him, “You want me to turn myself in? To confess to all my sins? To tell the world of all my treacherous deeds? You want me to reveal that I am the head of the mafia that infects these city streets and instills fear in the hearts of the people? Is that what you ing want?”

Black eyes pierce black eyes that refuse to look down. The air is tense and suffocating.

Minho’s eyes soften. “Jinki…”

Onew flinches slightly. He hasn’t heard that name in such a long time. Even longer from those lips.

“Jinki,” Minho says again, “I want you to live.”

Somewhere below a woman slaps her husband and screams of finding him in the arms of another woman, drawing the attention and whispers of many but Onew keeps his eyes fixed on Minho.

He was no longer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter