Chapter 1

Red Umbrella

As every day I came back from school waiting at the bus stop. As the bus came I went in, sat down and leaned my head against the window, watching the cars drive by. One drop… two drops. It started raining. I closed my eyes as the sound of rain drifted me into sleep.

“Hey kiddo! It’s the last stop you have to get off.” the driver yelled at the front. I opened my eyes and got off. The rain didn’t stop.

 

I waited at the bus stop for a few minutes before I decided to just pull my jacket over my head and just run home as fast as I could.

I looked at the ground to avoid my face getting wet. Suddenly I noticed something tall and sturdy in front of me and the fact that I was falling over. My face went up and I saw a man with big red umbrella looking down at me.

“Excuse me.” I said and tried to get up.

The men knelt down and offered his hand for support.

”No problem. Just be careful where you’re going next time.” he said with a rough, dark, yet warm voice.

 

I pushed his hand away and stood up. He stood up the same moment.

I noticed that it wasn’t wet. I looked up and saw the red umbrella above us.

“Don’t you have an umbrella?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Do you want me to take you home?”

I nodded lightly. He looked friendly enough and I didn’t want to catch a cold anyways.

With the big red umbrella above us we went to the direction of my house. We talked about a lot of stuff, especially music and rap. He told me that he was a rapper. We freestyle rapped a bit and he told me what I could do better and gave me tips.

 

As we talked I saw my front door and told him that we were there. He smiled and waved me goodbye.

“Hey!!” I shouted before he went away.”What’s your name?”

He turned around and looked at me with a smile. “I’m Bang, Bang Yongguk.”

“I’m Choi Junhong but people call me Zelo. Thanks again for bringing me home.”

I waved him and waited until there was no sight of him left, just rain.

If I will ever see him again?

 

 

The next morning as I prepared going to school I saw something surprising at my door.

I smiled lightly and took the red umbrella at the front of my door and went to school.