Unexpected Confessions

Unexpected Confessions
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Damn it, Oh Sehun, it’s not that hard. Why do you keep tripping up?”

The frustrated boy was currently standing in front of the bathroom mirror, raking long, slender fingers through his tousled brunette locks as he watched his lips form the opening consonant of what was turning out to be the most difficult question he had ever tried to voice.

“Will you g-go- oh, for ’s sake why are you even stuttering, it’s not like he’s standing in front of you, you’re looking at yourself.”

Sehun inhaled deeply before squeezing his eyes tightly shut and trying for the tenth time that day. “Baekhyun, how would you like to go on a date with me?”

He gasped in utter surprise at his own self, unable to believe that he had finally succeeded in forcing the sentence out without any wavering or shakiness of his voice.

However, upon hearing the completely unanticipated answer from behind him, Sehun let out an even more astonished sound.

“I’d love to.”

“Baekhyun!?” Sehun eyes popped open to catch sight of the shorter boy in the mirror- Baekhyun was directly behind him, and Sehun hastily whirled around so that he was facing the older male.

“W-what?” There it was. The stammering which was infinitely more expected than the boy presently standing before him.

“I said I’d love to go on a date with you. What, now you aren’t able to hear as well?”

“Huh?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before the corner of his lips curved up in amusement. “Well, first you were having trouble speaking, and now you didn’t even hear what I said.”

Sehun’s eyes grew wide with fear. “How long have you been standing there!?”

“Not very long.”

Sehun was just about to sigh in relief when Baekhyun continued talking.

“Bu-uuut… I could hear your voice the entire time I was walking down the hallway.”

Sehun’s forehead connected with the palm of his hand.

“I’m such a failure.” He mumbled, too embarrassed to meet Baekhyun’s concerned eyes.

“Hey hey hey.” Baekhyun whispered, gently prying Sehun’s hand away from where it was hiding his face. “No, you’re not. What were the chances of you actually seeking me out and asking me what you inadvertently asked me just a minute ago?”

“There wasn’t much of a chance, honestly.” Sehun chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand bashfully as his gaze flickered down to where Baekhyun’s fingers were currently intertwined with his.

“See?”

“That only further proves how much of a failure I really am-”

“Oh, shut up.” Baekhyun tugged lightly on Sehun’s hand to lead him out of the bathroom and into the hallway.

“Wanna just cut class and get started on that date now?” Baekhyun asked with a mischievous smile, but Sehun only shook his head.

“Uh, actually… what I had planned was something that takes place at night…”

“Whoaaa… Sehun, really? On the first date!?” Baekhyun joked, but Sehun- being the flustered little idiot he was- thought that the other boy was being serious.

“Th-that’s not what I meant-” Sehun’s cheeks flushed an endearing shade of pink as he hastily withdrew his hand from Baekhyun’s.

“I’m kidding, Sehun-ah. Calm down. Are you just going to pick me up later, then?”

Sehun ducked his head before nodding, a sweet little smile making its way across his pale lips.

“I can’t wait!” Baekhyun chirped, surprising Sehun when he threw his arms around the younger’s waist before just as quickly pulling away.

“I’ve gotta get to math, I’ll see you tonight, okay?”

And with that, Baekhyun hurried along in the opposite direction, leaving a shell-shocked boy staring longingly after him.

~

Sehun fidgeted anxiously with the cuff of his button-up shirt as he shuffled from side to side, impatiently waiting for Baekhyun to answer his front door.

It had been almost a minute since he had knocked, and he was beginning to grow a bit worried. Baekhyun wasn’t going to stand him up, was he? He had seemed interested in going out with him earlier… but Sehun should have known it was too good to be true.

“Why would Baekhyun want to go out with me, of all people…” Sehun mumbled to himself as he began to turn away, kicking a lone pebble far across the street in his frustration before preparing to make his way back down the steps he had so eagerly raced up moments earlier.

“Because you’re so adorably shy but somehow still y at the same time. It’s a God-given attribute that should most definitely be illegal.”

Sehun slowly spun on his heel, gaze lifting to meet that of the boy’s above him. For once, Sehun had to look up to stare directly into Baekhyun’s inviting chocolate eyes, but this was only courtesy of the fact that the few steps leading up to Baekhyun’s door had added to his height.

“Look who’s talking,” Sehun whispered, breath catching in his throat as he drank in the sight before him.

Eyeliner-rimmed eyes blinked in confusion as Sehun stepped nearer, absent-mindedly lifting a large hand to skim across spiked-up locks of brunette hair.

“You look amazing, Baek.” He murmured, the same hand sliding down to play with the collar of the older’s dark blue V-neck. His eyes went farther than his hand dared to, widening as Sehun belatedly realized how sinfully tight the smaller’s jeans were hugging his petite body.

“U-um…” Sehun’s hand shot away from where it had been resting upon Baekhyun’s shoulder- as quickly as if it had touched a burning hot surface.

And honestly- at least, in Sehun’s opinion- he just had. Touched a burning hot surface, that is. Baekhyun was so damn attractive that Sehun was gradually starting to won

Please log in to read the full chapter